Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bring back Tyler Eifert..

Would this team even do so who knows but i think we should thoughts??..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-15-2021, 02:15 PM)chris hill Wrote: Would this team even do so who knows but i think we should thoughts??..

why would we do that when we have Tebow!!! and he is obviously better than any TE out there!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Makes ZERO Sense to me that we let him go, and signed Wobet Mit
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

If we can manage to get this to a hundred some pages, that might be enough to convince management to bring him back.

Why?  The guy is old and washed up.  Hence, why the teram released him.

If Eifert had anything left in the tank, somebody else would have already signed him.

(07-16-2021, 08:51 AM)scottyg Wrote: If Eifert had anything left in the tank, somebody else would have already signed him.

This. He wasn't that dynamic last year, even when paired with Minshew Magic. He made a few clutch catches, but otherwise he was an afterthought in the offense. O'Shag will be the clutch pass-catching tight end, and maybe Manherz or Ellefson/Farrell/Tyler Davis will surprise with his hands as well.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(07-16-2021, 12:04 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(07-16-2021, 08:51 AM)scottyg Wrote: If Eifert had anything left in the tank, somebody else would have already signed him.

This. He wasn't that dynamic last year, even when paired with Minshew Magic. He made a few clutch catches, but otherwise he was an afterthought in the offense. O'Shag will be the clutch pass-catching tight end, and maybe Manherz or Ellefson/Farrell/Tyler Davis will surprise with his hands as well.

I am Team Davis over here.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(07-15-2021, 06:21 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Why?  The guy is old and washed up.  Hence, why the teram released him.

So why did they sign Tim Tebow... who is the very definition of old and washed up... actually never succeeded is a better way to say it.

If you let a guy walk and then sign Tim Tebow to replace him, pretty sure the guy you let walk sucks [BLEEP]. Just saying.

(07-16-2021, 02:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-15-2021, 06:21 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Why?  The guy is old and washed up.  Hence, why the teram released him.

So why did they sign Tim Tebow... who is the very definition of old and washed up... actually never succeeded is a better way to say it.

Tebow is old and washed up too.  Doesn't change anything as far as Eifert.

When are you guys going to see that Tebow is just trying out. The same way he tried out for the Patriots. The same way Brock Leznar tried out for Minnesota.

Tebow feels like more of a publicity stunt than anything else.

We already a gazillion page thread moaning and groaning about Tebow, don’t turn this into another one.

And as much as I liked Eifert, we don’t need to bring him back.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-17-2021, 01:01 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If you let a guy walk and then sign Tim Tebow to replace him, pretty sure the guy you let walk sucks [BLEEP].  Just saying.

...or the evaluators are the ones worthy of that status. Just saying too.

I had huge hopes for Eifert when he was first signed, and was disappointed in his display of mediocrity. Time to use the roster spot to find the future.

I don't get the disdain for Eifert yet people praising O'Shaugnessy.  They both played in the same amount of games.  Eifert was better than O'Shaughnessy  in every statistical category.  Was he a stud, no.  Was he meant to be...not that I am aware of.  I just don't get the differing views of essentially the same type of player.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-19-2021, 11:11 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I don't get the disdain for Eifert yet people praising O'Shaugnessy.  They both played in the same amount of games.  Eifert was better than O'Shaughnessy  in every statistical category.  Was he a stud, no.  Was he meant to be...not that I am aware of.  I just don't get the differing views of essentially the same type of player.

Youth?

(07-19-2021, 11:54 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 11:11 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I don't get the disdain for Eifert yet people praising O'Shaugnessy.  They both played in the same amount of games.  Eifert was better than O'Shaughnessy  in every statistical category.  Was he a stud, no.  Was he meant to be...not that I am aware of.  I just don't get the differing views of essentially the same type of player.

Youth?

There is less that a year's age difference.

I'd be fine with Eifert for another season. Hopefully Manherz and Davis come on this year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato