Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Biden's America

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2021, 08:29 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-02-2021, 08:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'm no longer on FB because nearly everyone I know got stupid and started sharing all their thoughts and opinions about everything. I miss seeing long distance friends and family updates and photos and such but the snarky comments from both sides made it insufferable. Also having your own words twisted and used as an argument just to prove a point, valid or not, is just wrong.

Back when FB was a thing, I realized real quick not to have a part in it. Just the sheer fact that having hundreds or thousands of “friends” was (at the time) what made you successful, I said [BLEEP] that.  No one has that many friends.  I’m not going to friend some guy or girl I bought a set of tires from.  I give you cash, I get tires.  End of transaction.  We don’t need to make this a thing.  You’re friends with a friend of mine? So who the [BLEEP] cares? That alone told me to stay away.  I luckily never had to experience what you explained.  Screw that. I’m not fake to people in real life.  I sure as hell won’t be online.  Better for me to stay away. That and I’m sure there is a dozen or so hotties trying to hit me up.  No bueno when you’re married.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-02-2021, 08:21 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'm no longer on FB because nearly everyone I know got stupid and started sharing all their thoughts and opinions about everything. I miss seeing long distance friends and family updates and photos and such but the snarky comments from both sides made it insufferable. Also having your own words twisted and used as an argument just to prove a point, valid or not, is just wrong.

I still have my FB, but anyone who ever posts anything about politics or opinions on world matters I have hidden from my newsfeed.  At this point, my newsfeed is pretty much pictures/post from the lost pet group I follow, pictures/posts about dogs doing cute/funny things, and pictures/posts from the cooking groups I follow as I'm an avid cook.  Sprinkle in a few posts/pictures from my friends whom I haven't hidden that post pictures of their family, etc. It's much more enjoyable.

I got off of Facebook for this very reason when Obama got elected for the first time.  I went there originally to catch up with friends.  That is not even close what it turned into.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-02-2021, 08:27 PM)Jags Wrote:

Back when FB was a thing, I realized real quick not to have a part in it. Just the sheer fact that having hundreds or thousands of “friends” was (at the time) what made you successful, I said [BLEEP] that.  No one has that many friends.  I’m not going to friend some guy or girl I bought a set of tires from.  I give you cash, I get tires.  End of transaction.  We don’t need to make this a thing.  You’re friends with a friend of mine? So who the [BLEEP] cares? That alone told me to stay away.  I luckily never had to experience what you explained.  Screw that. I’m not fake to people in real life.  I sure as hell won’t be online.  Better for me to stay away. That and I’m sure there is a dozen or so hotties trying to hit me up.  No bueno when you’re married.

All of my friends on FB were people I actually know, even a couple of guys from this message board who I met at Jaguars training camps and tailgates, some who are not on here anymore and some no longer with us at all. And family, of course, all of whom are long distance. I followed a couple of cat rescue groups and the Jaguars and the National Hurricane Center/NOAA. That was it. No random people I don't actually know in life. 

That made it hard when people started going full stupid with their opinions about things because I started seeing a side of them I had no idea was there. I never realized how much politics and religious beliefs were so intertwined with many of them and last year it seemed their political stance became more important than their faith which freaked me out. So I had to let it go and I don't miss it.

(08-03-2021, 10:28 AM)RicoTx Wrote:

I got off of Facebook for this very reason when Obama got elected for the first time.  I went there originally to catch up with friends.  That is not even close what it turned into.

Truth. I wanted nothing to do with it but signed up when my class reunion was coming up. I thought it would be a good way to catch up with folks beforehand, which I did, and it was pretty neat. I never made it to my reunion and I should've cancelled FB and got on with my life but then I was able to see long distance family and friends and chat with them and see photos and decided to stay on. Fast forward a decade and I'd had enough.

I used to use FB for many of the reasons already stated by others as well as the entertainment.  I dumped them once they became political and started censoring people.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 02:24 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

I just use FB for the memes. You guys need to find some friends that [BLEEP] post.

Did I just find a word that made it through the censors?

(08-03-2021, 02:23 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I just use FB for the memes. You guys need to find some friends that [BLEEP] post.

Love me some memes and [BLEEP] posters.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-03-2021, 02:41 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 02:23 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I just use FB for the memes. You guys need to find some friends that [BLEEP] post.

Awwwwmm! I'm telling!

Looks like a mod got to it.

(08-03-2021, 05:25 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Looks like a mod got to it.

Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(08-03-2021, 05:25 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Looks like a mod got to it.

[BLEEP]! [BLEEP]!  [BLEEP]!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-03-2021, 02:41 PM)Dimson Wrote:

I just wanna know what this word is! I’ll even take a PM from someone if y’all decide to play coy.  Only thing I can fathom atm is Richards.  Fess up!

(08-03-2021, 07:03 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 02:41 PM)Dimson Wrote: Love me some memes and [BLEEP] posters.

I just wanna know what this word is! I’ll even take a PM from someone if y’all decide to play coy.  Only thing I can fathom atm is Richards.  Fess up!

Poop.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 07:38 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-03-2021, 07:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 07:03 PM)Jags Wrote: I just wanna know what this word is! I’ll even take a PM from someone if y’all decide to play coy.  Only thing I can fathom atm is Richards.  Fess up!

Poop.

Like crap?

Well, that wasn’t right.  Obviously [BLEEP] is censored. Still puzzled. Still on the hunt for the mystery word.  Do appreciate the initiative Mike.  I’ll help ya out to get out of the red.

(08-03-2021, 07:36 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 07:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: Poop.

Like crap?

Well, that wasn’t right.  Obviously [BLEEP] is censored. Still puzzled. Still on the hunt for the mystery word.  Do appreciate the initiative Mike.  I’ll help ya out to get out of the red.

It was a combined word, not an actual real word.
When you add a bleeped word to a non bleeped word, you’ve created a new word. The filter can only work so much. We hope our members can help us out and catch the things we miss.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I rarely pat myself on the back, but I'm doing it right now.

Joe Biden is the worst President in US history. We are doomed.

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/1...6950431751

(08-05-2021, 11:03 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/1...6950431751

What’s so sad is she’s so stupid she doesn’t even realize what a hypocrite she is.