Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 2 Broncos at Jags***

Can't be too unhappy with that half. Some improvement from last week. Would like to see more runs, less Hyde, and maybe even a little more designed short-medium passes to O'Shag to help get TLaw back into a rhythm after he seems to have lost the nice one he had to start the game (thanks, in large part, to Viska dropping almost everything thrown his way).
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tlaw has to start looking at med range recievers when they are wide open and quit being so agrressive trying to get the big play. Chark was wide up 15 yards down and he tried to hit longer reciever over him and missed

Jags again killing themselves. Shenault with a couple of key 3rd down drops, Lambo missing 2 FG's, Passing way too much. The team is not balanced.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

So we've asked our rookijg QB to throw the ball 74, yes SEVENTY-FOUR times in the first 6 quarters of the season.

You have a 1k yard back that apparently ran over the OCs dog or took his parking spot at the facility or something.

Help the kid out. Run the ball and the passing game, especially PA opens right up.

Almost glad I can't watch today. I knew when we scored first that I was going to be let down by games end so I tempered my excitement. Good thing... It only took til halftime to be let down. Drops, J Rob still not getting enough touches imo, I mean 6 totes vs 23 pass attempts in one half in a close game, and Lambo missing what used to be automatic FGs for him. We'll see how they adjust in the 2nd (not expecting much).

Ht thoughts

Defensive scheme and play calling is terrible
Wingard should not be on the field
Lambo is finished
Receivers can’t catch
Punt team has been decent
Lawrence done a lot of good, but made some errant throws at the end of the half.
Offensive play calling not helping him. Backfield checkdowns need to stop

Lambo before recently:

[Image: 41Hw8pIyPwL._AC_SX466_.jpg]

Lambo Recently:
[Image: Lamborghini-Murcielago-Taiwan.jpg]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-19-2021, 02:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 02:30 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: You would like to think theyve seen him kick enough in practice to see if hes still hurt or not. Looks low on confidence too and those misses won't help.

Not the same kicker we've been used to.

The reason I ask is because not only are his kicks inaccurate, they look weak.

No i agree with you. He was pretty solid from 50+ before but it seems at the moment the more power he tries to get he loses the accuracy. 

Kickers don't get a lot of room for mistakes and if we lose this by 3 points or so it may be a badcday for him tomorrow

It seems like we are still trying to throw too much, and we're just randomly throwing in a run play here and there to quiet the critics

(09-19-2021, 02:37 PM)Ordar Wrote: Ht thoughts

Defensive scheme and play calling is terrible
Wingard should not be on the field
Lambo is finished
Receivers can’t catch
Punt team has been decent
Lawrence done a lot of good, but made some errant throws at the end of the half.
Offensive play calling not helping him. Backfield checkdowns need to stop

Shenault doesn't out run people or make anyone miss. If he can't even catch a ball past the line of scrimmage then he needs to make room for someone else on the field.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2021, 02:42 PM by Flagler Jagsfan. Edited 1 time in total.)

Stop throwing screens to Shenault. It works like 1 out 5 times.

Make a play here D. Step in front of a route.

Why aren't we using Chark more?

(09-19-2021, 02:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Why aren't we using Chark more?
Lawrence stares down Jones

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We so good when Dewey and Claybrooks out there!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Claybrooks getting torched...

So tired of our corners getting burned and no deep-field safety.

Get rid of freaking Wingard!!!!

At least we didn't draft zach wilson

Cisco needs to play. If we're gonna be bad at least be getting the talent some experience at the same time.

Sutton absolutely torching us deep...should have another 100 yards of pass interferences too...