Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2021 1st Round QB Class Tracker

Just thought it might be a good idea to track the rookie QBs in this year's first round draft class.  I will try to update from week to week.

Name                   Team        Comp     Att     Yds     TD     INT     Sack     Record

T. Lawrence          Jaguars       42         84     450       4        5         2          0-2

Z. Wilson              Jets            39         70      468      2        5         10         0-2

T. Lance               SF                1           1        5       1        0          0

J. Fields                Chi               6         13       60      0         1         2

M. Jones               NE               51        69      467     1         0         4       1-1

Looking at it so far, I find Wilson's sack numbers stick out like a sore thumb.  Based on what highlight clips I saw of last week's game, Wilson held the ball a long time on some plays.  Fields's sack numbers stick out too.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Shoulda brought Mac home.

(09-20-2021, 12:49 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Shoulda brought Mac home.

Captain check down? Naw, no thanks.

Jones has a better team around him.  He can be safer with the ba ok l.  He doesn't have to try to do too much or play hero ball

Mac would be getting absolutely destroyed if he were on the Jags.

Like I said before, the ONLY QB in this class who can turn this franchise around is Lawrence because he can make up for bad coaching. All the other QBs need good coaching and playmakers to be good.

(09-19-2021, 10:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Just thought it might be a good idea to track the rookie QBs in this year's first round draft class.  I will try to update from week to week.

Name                   Team        Comp     Att     Yds     TD     INT     Sack     Record

T. Lawrence          Jaguars       42         84     450       4        5         2          0-2

Z. Wilson              Jets            39         70      468      2        5         10         0-2

T. Lance               SF                1           1        5       1        0          0

J. Fields                Chi               6         13       60      0         1         2

M. Jones               NE               51        69      467     1         0         4       1-1

Looking at it so far, I find Wilson's sack numbers stick out like a sore thumb.  Based on what highlight clips I saw of last week's game, Wilson held the ball a long time on some plays.  Fields's sack numbers stick out too.

10 sacks? dang, I thought NYJ had a good line. Sounds like he is holding on too long trying to make something happen. Lots of sacks are gonna make for long distances to get a first down, and that will contribute to those picks.

Y'all still think Tua is better than Mac Jones?

(09-20-2021, 01:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Y'all still think Tua is better than Mac Jones?
Watch yourself.

You're almost always way too eager to jump the gun.

And didn't Tua beat the Pats in week 1? My guess is the Pats are still 1-1 with Tua if he was their QB.

I'm just asking a question. I've never thought Tua was that good. Do you still think Tua is good after watching him up to this point? I feel like Mac Jones will be the better QB of the 2. Tua has some nice weapons, the Dolphins should make the playoffs with that roster. I think the Dolphins fans are about 50/50 on Tua

(09-20-2021, 11:38 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 10:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Just thought it might be a good idea to track the rookie QBs in this year's first round draft class.  I will try to update from week to week.

10 sacks? dang, I thought NYJ had a good line. Sounds like he is holding on too long trying to make something happen. Lots of sacks are gonna make for long distances to get a first down, and that will contribute to those picks.
Go back and watch highlights from the Carolina game.  There were a few of the 6 sacks he could have avoided if he weren't playing hero ball.

He'd still struggle over the last two weeks.

The passing game would struggle over the past two weeks.

We'd still have no balance the past two weeks because we'd abandon the run.

We'd still have the penalties for week one.

The defense would still be a sieve.

We'd still be 0-2.

(09-21-2021, 05:21 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
He'd still struggle over the last two weeks.

We'd still be 0-2.

We'd still be coached by Urban Meyer, not Bill Belichick.
You forgot one.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-20-2021, 02:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm just asking a question.  I've never thought Tua was that good.  Do you still think Tua is good after watching him up to this point?  I feel like Mac Jones will be the better QB of the 2.  Tua has some nice weapons, the Dolphins should make the playoffs with that roster.  I think the Dolphins fans are about 50/50 on Tua

"carted off with a rib injury"

I read this Sunday and had difficulty imagining the degree of that injury (think Drew Bledsoe) that would require a carting. I haven't heard an update on the injury, but that concerned me.

I was never really counting on him to be anything special (read: basically just another Bama QB riding the coattails of a lopsided roster that out-talents the D they face), but once he hurt his hip the only thing I knew was I'd be happy if he played anywhere besides Duval.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021, 09:35 AM by Bullseye.)

(09-21-2021, 06:11 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 05:21 AM)Bullseye Wrote: He'd still struggle over the last two weeks.

We'd still be 0-2.

We'd still be coached by Urban Meyer, not Bill Belichick.
You forgot one.
A very important one.

Mea culpa.

Updated numbers for wek 3....does not include the Sun Nigt game between GB and SF...

Name                   Team        Comp         Att      Yds     TD     INT     Sack     Record

T. Lawrence          Jaguars       64         117     669       5    7         4          0-3

Z. Wilson              Jets              58            105   468      2    7         15         0-3

T. Lance               SF                1           1            5          1        0          0

J. Fields                Chi               12       33         128       0      1           11      0-1

M. Jones               NE               51        69      467        1         3         4       1-2

***Numbers subject to corrective change.

All five of these guys have gotten off to rough starts, yet I doubt all five QBs will be busts, to extrapolate what some have concluded about TL.

Maybe when a talented tookie QB goes to a bad team, he's going to struggle initially.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2021, 11:23 AM by RicoTx.)

I had the Saints - Pats game on next to the Jags at the bar on Sunday.  I was not real impressed by Jones.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2021, 10:51 AM by enigma. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Jets sack numbers are not as revealing and simple as the offensive line giving up all of those sacks.

Apparently, Wilson has averaged ~3.0 seconds from snap-to-throw which ranks 5th highest in the league suggesting he's holding on to the ball longer. Furthermore, Wilson's sacks have occurred ~3.79 seconds on average after the snap suggesting most of his sacks could have been avoided.

But the most telling stat regarding the Jets sack numbers is that EIGHT of Wilson's sacks occurred more than 4.5 seconds after the snap - leading all QBs in the league in this regard. He's holding on to the ball way too long and is not doing his O-line any favors inversely.

(09-29-2021, 10:24 AM)enigma Wrote: The Jets sack numbers are not as revealing and simple as the offensive line giving up all of those sacks.

Apparently, Wilson has averaged ~3.0 seconds from snap-to-throw which ranks 5th highest in the league suggesting he's holding on to the ball longer. Furthermore, Wilson's sacks have occurred ~3.79 seconds on average after the snap suggesting most of his sacks could have been avoided.

But the most telling stat regarding the Jets sack numbers is that EIGHT of Wilson's sacks occurred more than 4.5 seconds after the snap - leading all QBs in the league in this regard. He's holding on to the ball way too long and is not doing his O-line any favors inversely.

Interesting info.

I thought your Fields numbers might be wrong. Wow 9 sacks in his first start. The Browns are good on defense, but that is crazy. He is also a pretty mobile QB. Even if he is holding the ball, you would hope he could escape some of those.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021, 03:04 AM by Bullseye. Edited 2 times in total.)

Here are the updated numbers after 4 games

Name                  Team        Comp        Att      Yds    TD    INT    Sack    Record as starter

T. Lawrence          Jaguars      81        142    873      5    7        6          0-4

Z. Wilson              Jets              79        139    925      4    8        16        1-3

T. Lance              SF                10          19      162      3        0        1

J. Fields                Chi              25      52        347      0      2          12      1-1

M. Jones              NE              112      160    1012      4      4        10      1-3