Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WR Prospects in Last night's PSU-OSU game

There were three fine WR prospects in the game last night.

OSU's Olave and Wilson, and Penn States Jawan Doctson.

All three show explosiveness, suddenness, good change of direction, deep speed and good hands.

All three are striking contrasts to USC's Drake London, who exhibits none of these traits, except maybe hands.

I wouldn't object to spending our 2nd round pick (possibly even moving back up into the bottom of the first) to acquire a deep threat for Trevor Lawrence, depending upon what does/does not happen during the early offseason.

What are your thoughts on these guys?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2021, 02:45 PM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-31-2021, 12:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: There were three fine WR prospects in the game last night.

All three show explosiveness, suddenness, good change of direction, deep speed and good hands.

All three are striking contrasts to USC's Drake London, who exhibits none of these traits, except maybe hands.

I wouldn't object to spending our 2nd round pick (possibly even moving back up into the bottom of the first) to acquire a deep threat for Trevor Lawrence, depending upon what does/does not happen during the early offseason.

I LOVE Chris Olave. If we were to trade down in  round 1, he would definitely be a target for me. I like Wilson, but I just don't see him as a #1 WR. He makes some really good plays, but I just see him more of a Tee Higgins type player to Olave who is more of a Ja'Marr Chase type guy. As for Dotson, I really like him as well. He is a speedster who can get deep. He reminds me a lot of Stefon Diggs. I also love Jameson Williams of Alabama as well.

I got a chance to see a smaller school WR who is creating a lot of buzz (Jalen Tolbert of South Alabama) and I really like this kid as well. He has ideal size 6'3", he runs like a deer and shows pretty soft hands and body control. He already has 967 receiving yards this season. I also like Dontario Drummond of Mississippi, Jalen Nailor of Michigan State, Jaquarii Roberson of Wake Forest and Khalil Shakir of Boise State.

It's not a deep WR class at all. There are some really good possession receivers, but we need a #1 guy and if that means using our second round pick to trade up and get the right guy, I certainly would not object. IMO, we have to enter next season with a true pass rushing OLB, #1 WR and a true cover corner. I don't care how we acquire them. If it's via trade, FA or the draft, these areas have to be addressed. 

We'll just have to see where we sit at the end of the season and where we are slotted in the draft. Currently, we are #5 and if the draft was held today, I'd take S Kyle Hamilton of Notre Dame. Safety isn't really an immediate need, but imo, Hamilton would be the BAP assuming Thibodeaux goes to Detroit, Stingley goes to Phildelphia (Via Miami), Kenny Pickett goes to Houston and Evan Neal goes to the Jets.

Tolbert would be a very good selection in round 2. I also like Burks from Arkansas, but he'll likely be gone in round 1. Dotson will be available, but he may be more of a slot receiver in the NFL.

There are no receivers I'd take in round 1 (top 10 pick). Olave is a great player, but there should be a pass rusher (Hutchinson) or cornerback who present greater value.

(10-31-2021, 04:34 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Tolbert would be a very good selection in round 2. I also like Burks from Arkansas, but he'll likely be gone in round 1. Dotson will be available, but he may be more of a slot receiver in the NFL.

There are no receivers I'd take in round 1 (top 10 pick). Olave is a great player, but there should be a pass rusher (Hutchinson) or cornerback who present greater value.

I'm not really a fan of Burks. He's just a big, possession receiver.

(10-31-2021, 04:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-31-2021, 04:34 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Tolbert would be a very good selection in round 2. I also like Burks from Arkansas, but he'll likely be gone in round 1. Dotson will be available, but he may be more of a slot receiver in the NFL.

I'm not really a fan of Burks. He's just a big, possession receiver.

I thought he did a good job getting deep early in the year.

(10-31-2021, 12:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: There were three fine WR prospects in the game last night.

Drake London broke his ankle, so I see us taking him in the second and sitting him for a year or two.

(11-01-2021, 10:21 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Drake London broke his ankle, so I see us taking him in the second and sitting him for a year or two.
If he tore an ACL he would surely be a Jaguar.

Dotson would be ideal at the top of the second.

(11-01-2021, 01:18 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Dotson would be ideal at the top of the second.

I don't think he makes it to round 2. Buffalo could use a WR like him to play opposite Diggs. Emmanuel Sanders hasn't made much of an impact to this point.

(11-01-2021, 02:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 01:18 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Dotson would be ideal at the top of the second.

I don't think he makes it to round 2. Buffalo could use a WR like him to play opposite Diggs. Emmanuel Sanders hasn't made much of an impact to this point.

Too early to know yet. For some reason I can see Buffalo drafting Kenneth Walker.

(11-01-2021, 02:44 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 02:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't think he makes it to round 2. Buffalo could use a WR like him to play opposite Diggs. Emmanuel Sanders hasn't made much of an impact to this point.

Too early to know yet. For some reason I can see Buffalo drafting Kenneth Walker.

They will probably have to trade up for him. Miami, Atlanta and Tampa Bay will probably be after him as well.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 06:29 PM by Kane.)

(11-01-2021, 02:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 02:44 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote:  

They will probably have to trade up for him. Miami, Atlanta and Tampa Bay will probably be after him as well.

But Tampa has Fournette?
Big Grin
Miami and Atlanta will be picking top 10 again probably so they certainly will have first dibs. But man RBs that high, even as great as he is... I'm just not down with it.

(11-01-2021, 06:28 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 02:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: They will probably have to trade up for him. Miami, Atlanta and Tampa Bay will probably be after him as well.

But Tampa has Fournette?
Big Grin
Miami and Atlanta will be picking top 10 again probably so they certainly will have first dibs. But man RBs that high, even as great as he is... I'm just not down with it.

I'm not either, but I say this, Walker breaks more tackles than I've seen any RB do in a long, long time. When you think he is trapped, he escapes for a gain. That is a rare quality.

(11-01-2021, 02:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I don't know if Buffalo has a huge need at WR.  Beasley and Sanders are older, but I think the Bills are pretty loaded at WR.

(11-01-2021, 07:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 02:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't think he makes it to round 2. Buffalo could use a WR like him to play opposite Diggs. Emmanuel Sanders hasn't made much of an impact to this point.

I don't know if Buffalo has a huge need at WR.  Beasley and Sanders are older, but I think the Bills are pretty loaded at WR.
I believe Allen makes Beasley better than he actually is in the slot. Sanders is older and hasn't been as much as a factor as they had wished. Aside from those two and Diggs, the Bills don't really have much else at receiver and they are loaded on defense. Personally, I don't see them having any real standout needs. They have a good O-Line and Knox is one of the better TE's in the league this year as well. If they could add another big play WR like Dotson, it makes sense.

(11-01-2021, 08:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 07:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't know if Buffalo has a huge need at WR.  Beasley and Sanders are older, but I think the Bills are pretty loaded at WR.
I believe Allen makes Beasley better than he actually is in the slot. Sanders is older and hasn't been as much as a factor as they had wished. Aside from those two and Diggs, the Bills don't really have much else at receiver and they are loaded on defense. Personally, I don't see them having any real standout needs. They have a good O-Line and Knox is one of the better TE's in the league this year as well. If they could add another big play WR like Dotson, it makes sense.

I think Gabriel Davis is capable of some big things.  He has good size and good deep speed.  I think if we traded for him, he'd start in a couple of weeks.

As good as Buffalo is, they could go any number of directions.

Yes, Doctson would make some sense for them, as would the Mich St. RB.  But they could also go S, CB, LB and DT at the bottom of the first round.

(11-01-2021, 08:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 08:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I believe Allen makes Beasley better than he actually is in the slot. Sanders is older and hasn't been as much as a factor as they had wished. Aside from those two and Diggs, the Bills don't really have much else at receiver and they are loaded on defense. Personally, I don't see them having any real standout needs. They have a good O-Line and Knox is one of the better TE's in the league this year as well. If they could add another big play WR like Dotson, it makes sense.

I think Gabriel Davis is capable of some big things.  He has good size and good deep speed.  I think if we traded for him, he'd start in a couple of weeks.

Yes, Doctson would make some sense for them, as would the Mich St. RB.  But they could also go S, CB, LB and DT at the bottom of the first round.

Buffalo is one of those teams that could go anywhere. They might even decide to trade out of the first round all together, because they have no real glaring needs. It must be nice.

(11-02-2021, 10:13 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-01-2021, 08:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I think Gabriel Davis is capable of some big things.  He has good size and good deep speed.  I think if we traded for him, he'd start in a couple of weeks.

Buffalo is one of those teams that could go anywhere. They might even decide to trade out of the first round all together, because they have no real glaring needs. It must be nice.

It nauseates me to be envious of the Bills, of all teams.

But especially compared to us, the Bills are in an enviable position.

Mark it down. Now that the Raiders have released Henry Ruggs, Jahan Dotson will be drafted by Las Vegas. He's the closest thing to Ruggs in this draft class.

(11-03-2021, 01:06 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Mark it down. Now that the Raiders have released Henry Ruggs, Jahan Dotson will be drafted by Las Vegas. He's the closest thing to Ruggs in this draft class.

If he's still on the board when they are up, yeah I could see that happening.