Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyson Campbell - Rd2, Pick 33

At 6'1" - 195 - I wonder if bulking up and playing FS could be a fix for Campbell.
He does well when keeping the ball in front of him and that position allows for that - especially in Cullen's scheme.

Then you can move on from the overpaid and middling Jenkins and put Cisco at SS. He'd be expensive to cut unless they wait till after 2022 season though.

It's crazy how they tried to build this secondary to play mostly man, decided to move on from a number of DBs who were supposed to be able to play man, and then wound up with a bunch of guys that HAVE TO play zone most of the time to even have a chance.
And it took them several weeks to make the adjustment to calling primarily zone. And that's not working either. Just crazy.
Horrible miscalculations made by this staff.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Converting him to safety is actually not a bad idea.

(11-06-2021, 01:13 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: At 6'1" - 195 - I wonder if bulking up and playing FS could be a fix for Campbell.
He does well when keeping the ball in front of him and that position allows for that  - especially in Cullen's scheme.

Then you can move on from the overpaid and middling Jenkins and put Cisco at SS. He'd be expensive to cut unless they wait till after 2022 season though.

It's crazy how they tried to build this secondary to play mostly man, decided to move on from a number of DBs who were supposed to be able to play man, and then wound up with a bunch of guys that HAVE TO play zone most of the time to even have a chance.
And it took them several weeks to make the adjustment to calling primarily zone. And that's not working either. Just crazy.
Horrible miscalculations made by this staff.

I remember Vic used to say a coach's ability to evaluate talent is very important.

Clearly no one on the current staff can do it. Khan really stepped in it with this hire.

We've given up far too quickly on far too many guys who turned into solid players for other teams. Giving up on Campbell after the season could be just another in a long line. Admittedly we haven't seen a ton of positive things from him just yet but hopefully we'll start to see some improvement in the second half of the year. Entire secondary though could use a little help from the pass rush.

(11-06-2021, 12:57 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 12:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Like I said, you have admitted many times and have shown you have never seen Etienne play

That guy is a full on idiot. Not sure who is worse between him and mvp

I dunno man, jagator dude isn't nearly the level of MVP.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-06-2021, 03:30 PM)rfc17 Wrote: We've given up far too quickly on far too many guys who turned into solid players for other teams.  Giving up on Campbell after the season could be just another in a long line.  Admittedly we haven't seen a ton of positive things from him just yet but hopefully we'll start to see some improvement in the second half of the year.  Entire secondary though could use a little help from the pass rush.

I don't think the list of players who left here and did well elsewhere is all that long. I can't think of all that many outside of ARob who would even really qualify. Lenny ended up in the perfect situation for a screwball and almost everyone else hasn't done much of anything. We didn't give up on The Mayor or Ramsey, they were known commodities that we moved for other reasons. Maybe Q Williams this year, but he's only had one real standout game so I don't know if that qualifies. Who else would you consider?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Safeties have to have extremely good change of direction skills. Campbell has literally the worst in recorded draft history.

(11-06-2021, 06:16 PM)Upper Wrote: Safeties have to have extremely good change of direction skills. Campbell has literally the worst in recorded draft history.

Should have had him shadow DK last week then.

(11-06-2021, 06:16 PM)Upper Wrote: Safeties have to have extremely good change of direction skills. Campbell has literally the worst in recorded draft history.

Captain [BLEEP] hyperbole up in this [BLEEP] again

Literally? You got proof of his literal worst recorded change of direction skills?  Laughing

(11-06-2021, 08:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Captain [BLEEP] hyperbole up in this [BLEEP] again

(11-06-2021, 11:16 PM)Kane Wrote:

Literally? You got proof of his literal worst recorded change of direction skills?  Laughing

Ok, 3rd worst this millennium. And that's out of all drafted. Tyson went 33rd overall. I don't know, but I doubt those other two were drafted nearly that high.

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...4484039685

(11-07-2021, 12:01 AM)Upper Wrote:
(11-06-2021, 08:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Captain [BLEEP] hyperbole up in this [BLEEP] again

(11-06-2021, 11:16 PM)Kane Wrote: Literally? You got proof of his literal worst recorded change of direction skills?  Laughing

Ok, 3rd worst this millennium. And that's out of all drafted. Tyson went 33rd overall. I don't know, but I doubt those other two were drafted nearly that high.

Hahahaha - i KNEW this was some of your classic drill stat bull [BLEEP] and not actually watching the player play football

(11-07-2021, 02:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 12:01 AM)Upper Wrote: Ok, 3rd worst this millennium. And that's out of all drafted. Tyson went 33rd overall. I don't know, but I doubt those other two were drafted nearly that high.

Hahahaha - i KNEW this was some of your classic drill stat bull [BLEEP] and not actually watching the player play football

Isn't that stat what was asked for? That drill measures change of direction and Tyson is among the worst at it in 20 years worth of recordings. Watching him play so far validates the result on the field too.

(11-07-2021, 07:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 02:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hahahaha - i KNEW this was some of your classic drill stat bull [BLEEP] and not actually watching the player play football

Isn't that stat what was asked for? That drill measures change of direction and Tyson is among the worst at it in 20 years worth of recordings. Watching him play so far validates the result on the field too.

Yeah, the guy is awful and that he was taken #33 overall is an indictment of the current management. Khan seems quite slow to admit a mistake and make a change, so we'll probably have to put up with another couple of seasons of flushed drafts before he takes another shot at hiring competence.

(11-07-2021, 08:01 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 07:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Isn't that stat what was asked for? That drill measures change of direction and Tyson is among the worst at it in 20 years worth of recordings. Watching him play so far validates the result on the field too.

Yeah, the guy is awful and that he was taken #33 overall is an indictment of the current management. Khan seems quite slow to admit a mistake and make a change, so we'll probably have to put up with another couple of seasons of flushed drafts before he takes another shot at hiring competence.

This team is utterly hopeless.

(11-07-2021, 08:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 08:01 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Yeah, the guy is awful and that he was taken #33 overall is an indictment of the current management. Khan seems quite slow to admit a mistake and make a change, so we'll probably have to put up with another couple of seasons of flushed drafts before he takes another shot at hiring competence.

This team is utterly hopeless.

Almost like he was out to prove quarterback isn't the only thing that matters.

Probably any of the 31 other current NFL head coach/GM combos could have had the team competitive with more than just the dolphins with the draft capital and cap space available this off season.

Khan had to pull a real doozy to somehow make it a complete failure of a season.

(11-07-2021, 07:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 02:43 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hahahaha - i KNEW this was some of your classic drill stat bull [BLEEP] and not actually watching the player play football

I didn't ask for a stat. 
I made a comment about the ridiculous hyperbole. 

Having a bad stat in a drill doesn't automatically translate to a particular trait on the field as you very well know. We've seen a hundred exceptions over the years and many players simply record some bad combine/pro-day numbers that were misleading. 
(What was James Robinson's 40 time? )

Watching the player, he has snaps wherein his movements aren't up to speed and he has reps wherein he shadows a good receiver's breaks and movement with ease. So I think the comment about worst change of direction in history is clearly bull [BLEEP] if you watch the kid play. He displays slow change of direction and he displays very good change of direction at times - therefore rendering the comment inaccurate hyperbole. 

He's an incredible disappointment overall and I don't think we have a staff capable of salvaging him if that's even possible, but I'm not going to just ignore the flashes of good coverage skill he's displayed to pile on the guy beyond what he's deserving of. 

Now it's time to watch  him struggle again today *facepalm*

By far Campbell's best game. He looked decent last week and looks to be slowly turning the corner. If so it will be huge for this defense

(11-14-2021, 05:35 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: By far Campbell's best game.  He looked decent last week and looks to be slowly turning the corner.  If so it will be huge for this defense

Yes the change of scheme has really benefitted him. He seems to be doing a better job playing the ball (but still room for improvement). He does have some elite physical traits, so if he can put it all together, he could be a great player long term.

He had a pretty good game today. He seems to be improving.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.