Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cj Beathard

I know its fairly insignificant considering we have t law, but man those few plays he came in were electric and damn near perfect minus Agnews drop of that beautiful rainbow pass in the endzone. The man was on fire in the preseason as well. Wonder if we keep him around next year and be lights it up in the preseason if we cant get a nice pick for him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why do we always want to trade away good players, even backups?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Keep him, not trade him.

(11-09-2021, 07:10 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I know its fairly insignificant considering we have t law, but man those few plays he came in were electric and damn near perfect minus Agnews drop of that beautiful rainbow pass in the endzone. The man was on fire in the preseason as well. Wonder if we keep him around next year and be lights it up in the preseason if we cant get a nice pick for him.

He should have been Trevor's fake QB competition opponent, not Minshew, who should've been traded on draft day.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2021, 08:05 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

He seems like a competent backup. Trade him only if someone better comes along.

He’s a good backup. I would just keep him.

(11-09-2021, 07:48 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(11-09-2021, 07:10 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I know its fairly insignificant considering we have t law, but man those few plays he came in were electric and damn near perfect minus Agnews drop of that beautiful rainbow pass in the endzone. The man was on fire in the preseason as well. Wonder if we keep him around next year and be lights it up in the preseason if we cant get a nice pick for him.

He should have been Trevor's fake QB competition opponent, not Minshew, who should've been traded on draft day.

That might've made the Trevor call too difficult.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-09-2021, 07:39 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Why do we always want to trade away good players, even backups?

Fantasy football or Madden, I'd guess.

Heck, look at the Packers. When you hold KC to 13, that should be a cake walk of a win for you. I'm glad Beathard looks good, and the offense doesn't turtle up when he got called up. I pray we don't ever require his services in regular season action, but I absolutely want someone in that spot that I can confidently say we still have a chance to get a dub.

I was initially was questioning management on the trading of Minchew. After this last game it seems we upgraded the backup QB position. Yea that was a small sample...but a good one.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(11-09-2021, 07:39 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Why do we always want to trade away good players, even backups?

Because we don't care about winning games.  We want to win the offseason.  

Trade away good players, tank every season.  Get better draft picks.  Rinse and repeat.

If only Agnew could have caught that pass. It was so nice

(11-09-2021, 10:48 AM)Jag88 Wrote: If only Agnew could have caught that pass. It was so nice

In Agnew's defense, he's not really a WR.  He's a CB.  I've seen lots of CBs that can't catch the ball if it hits them right in the chest.

trade him! what a great idea!! Rolleyes
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

When C.J got into the game, I was asked how I felt about Trevor going down. My response, "I'm not concerned because he's capable of stepping up to the plate." In my opinion, if Trevor would've stayed out for a game or two, we'd have a QB controversy.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Beathard is a QUALITY backup making 2.5 million this year. Compared to the Bears spending 14 million on TWO back ups (Foles/Dalton).....I think we should sit comfy knowing that we probably have a decent backup that can step in and move the ball if/when needs be.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

...and people were pissed that we signed him.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-09-2021, 12:44 PM)NCJag Wrote: Beathard is a QUALITY backup making 2.5 million this year.  Compared to the Bears spending 14 million on TWO back ups (Foles/Dalton).....I think we should sit comfy knowing that we probably have a decent backup that can step in and move the ball if/when needs be.

Holy Crap .... I didn't think about that.

(11-09-2021, 12:59 PM)RicoTx Wrote: ...and people were pissed that we signed him.

Minshew mania.

(11-09-2021, 12:59 PM)RicoTx Wrote: ...and people were pissed that we signed him.

I wasn't pissed that we signed him, just thought it was unnecessary since we already had Minshew on his rookie contract.  And while the throw that Agnew dropped was a thing of beauty, the one down the sideline (I think to Arnold?) was a wounded duck - granted, it got there and did the job.  While I have more confidence in him now then I did before the Bills game, I think I'll wait for him to throw more than 3 meaningful passes before giving him the "best backup QB" award.

(11-09-2021, 01:50 PM)Dewboy01 Wrote:

I wasn't pissed that we signed him, just thought it was unnecessary since we already had Minshew on his rookie contract.  And while the throw that Agnew dropped was a thing of beauty, the one down the sideline (I think to Arnold?) was a wounded duck - granted, it got there and did the job.  While I have more confidence in him now then I did before the Bills game, I think I'll wait for him to throw more than 3 meaningful passes before giving him the "best backup QB" award.

Nobody even nominated him.