Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 WR class

I'm with most people, it would be nice if we can come away with a really good WR from this class and get one of the top WRs in FA.  I guy I really like is David Bell.  He doesn't have the great speed but that double move along with the route running and hands are great.  He had over 1000 yrds as a freshman and 7 TDs.  This year he had over 200 yrds and a TD against the number 2 team, over 200 yrds and a TD against the number 3 team, and over 100 yards against the number 4 team.  Dudes a playmaker and is at his best against the best defenses.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

WR#1 first, then a possession receiver if possible, but we have bigger needs than WR#2

(11-16-2021, 11:44 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: WR#1 first, then a possession receiver if possible, but we have bigger needs than WR#2

That's what FA is for.  I don't see a true number 1 WR in this draft.

(11-16-2021, 11:49 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 11:44 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: WR#1 first, then a possession receiver if possible, but we have bigger needs than WR#2

Jameson Williams is without a doubt, a #1 WR. I love this guy. He has over 1,000 yards receiving on the season, he's averaging 20.2 yards per catch, he's 6'2", he has great hands and reportedly ran a 4.4/40 in high school.

I can already tell that this off season is going to be annoying when it comes to the draft.....

(11-16-2021, 12:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 11:49 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's what FA is for.  I don't see a true number 1 WR in this draft.

Jameson Williams is without a doubt, a #1 WR. I love this guy. He has over 1,000 yards receiving on the season, he's averaging 20.2 yards per catch, he's 6'2", he has great hands and reportedly ran a 4.4/40 in high school.
Yeah, of course any of them could become a number 1 but I'm not drafting a guy banking on the to be that guy.  Im getting him in FA.  Id be good with Williams but I don't think he's as good as Smith, Waddle, Juedy, Ridley, or Cooper etc.  I wasn't high on Ruggs who ran a 4.2 at 6' but he wasn't very good

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 01:52 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-16-2021, 12:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I can already tell that this off season is going to be annoying when it comes to the draft.....

Why, because people disagree? I think that can be attributed to how deep this draft is at a variety of positions and that should be a good thing.

(11-16-2021, 01:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 12:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Jameson Williams is without a doubt, a #1 WR. I love this guy. He has over 1,000 yards receiving on the season, he's averaging 20.2 yards per catch, he's 6'2", he has great hands and reportedly ran a 4.4/40 in high school.
Yeah, of course any of them could become a number 1 but I'm not drafting a guy banking on the to be that guy.  Im getting him in FA.  Id be good with Williams but I don't think he's as good as Smith, Waddle, Juedy, Ridley, or Cooper etc.  I wasn't high on Ruggs who ran a 4.2 at 6' but he wasn't very good

I have Williams below Julio Jones, Armari Cooper and DeVonta Smith, but I think he can definitely be better than Waddle, Jeudy, Ridley and Ruggs. 

Ruggs was just starting to come into his own and was really becoming the field stretching receiver the Raiders drafted him to be early in the season, before he decided to tank his entire life with one bad decision. I guess we'll never know what he could've truly become.

(11-16-2021, 01:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 12:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I can already tell that this off season is going to be annoying when it comes to the draft.....

Why, because people disagree? I think that can be attributed to how deep this draft is at a variety of positions and that should be a good thing.

(11-16-2021, 01:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, of course any of them could become a number 1 but I'm not drafting a guy banking on the to be that guy.  Im getting him in FA.  Id be good with Williams but I don't think he's as good as Smith, Waddle, Juedy, Ridley, or Cooper etc.  I wasn't high on Ruggs who ran a 4.2 at 6' but he wasn't very good

I have Williams below Julio Jones, Armari Cooper and DeVonta Smith, but I think he can definitely be better than Waddle, Jeudy, Ridley and Ruggs. 

Ruggs was just starting to come into his own and was really becoming the field stretching receiver the Raiders drafted him to be early in the season, before he decided to tank his entire life with one bad decision. I guess we'll never know what he could've truly become.
Because every conversation leads to "BAP" vs need. Every. Single. Time.

(11-16-2021, 01:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

And.............

(11-16-2021, 02:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 01:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Because every conversation leads to "BAP" vs need. Every. Single. Time.

And.............
And it's annoying.

See... I even did it to myself.

(11-16-2021, 03:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-16-2021, 02:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: And.............
And it's annoying.

See... I even did it to myself.

Welp you could just avoid draft discussions then.

Resign Chark to be your number 2 and draft a talented WR and TE early if the value is there.

If we are picking in the 5-10 range then I could see Urban zoning in on one of his Ohio State guys (Wilson or Olave). Of the two, I like Garrett Wilson more.

I’ve also said this before, keep an eye on the Michael Thomas situation in New Orleans. If he is cut Post June, I can guarantee you Urban Meyer is going to scoop him up fast. I also agree with the poster above, bring back Chark to be your number two.

(11-17-2021, 06:55 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: If we are picking in the 5-10 range then I could see Urban zoning in on one of his Ohio State guys (Wilson or Olave). Of the two, I like Garrett Wilson more.

I’ve also said this before, keep an eye on the Michael Thomas situation in New Orleans. If he is cut Post June, I can guarantee you Urban Meyer is going to scoop him up fast. I also agree with the poster above, bring back Chark to be your number two.
Agree with Thomas, he would be great here.  We need a guy that can get open on those slants and move the chains

So you're saying it's going to be business as usual...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-17-2021, 06:55 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote: If we are picking in the 5-10 range then I could see Urban zoning in on one of his Ohio State guys (Wilson or Olave). Of the two, I like Garrett Wilson more.

I would be furious if we even entertained the idea of signing Michael Thomas for a variety of reasons. 1. He's coming off a serious injury and he hasn't played football in a very long time. 2. He doesn't bring any speed to the equation. He only ran a 4.57/40 at the Combine and he was never known for getting separation. His game was about physicality, hands and catching contested passes. He's basically a big, possession receiver. 3. He's a locker room cancer. He's the one who called out Drew Brees and basically called him a "racist", because Brees didn't support kneeling for the national anthem. Brees is considered by many to be one of the nicest guys in the NFL and also one of the most respected. Instead of hashing his differences out with Brees in private, he went straight to the media and made accusations. I don't respect Thomas at all. He's a scumbag.

(11-16-2021, 01:59 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Yeah. Free agency is for needs. Draft is for accumulating the best players you can find.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I am worried we're going to go WR at 5 or whatever we wind up with. This FO has already proven that they couldn't care less about getting proper value in the draft and they will reach however far they have to to get what they think is the biggest need.

(11-16-2021, 11:49 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Sure if we can get Chris Godwin in FA or one like him, but not Michael Thomas. If not then we must look to the draft because even if we resign Chark he is a #2 in my opinion.

(11-17-2021, 04:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I would be furious if we even entertained the idea of signing Michael Thomas for a variety of reasons. 1. He's coming off a serious injury and he hasn't played football in a very long time. 2. He doesn't bring any speed to the equation. He only ran a 4.57/40 at the Combine and he was never known for getting separation. His game was about physicality, hands and catching contested passes. He's basically a big, possession receiver. 3. He's a locker room cancer. He's the one who called out Drew Brees and basically called him a "racist", because Brees didn't support kneeling for the national anthem. Brees is considered by many to be one of the nicest guys in the NFL and also one of the most respected. Instead of hashing his differences out with Brees in private, he went straight to the media and made accusations. I don't respect Thomas at all. He's a scumbag.

You might want to prepare yourself to be furious then. Rumor is Urban really wanted to trade with NO for Thomas. Urban has consistently spoken highly of Thomas. Thomas was also liking tweets when the Jags hired Urban and also went on Twitter to defend Urban when his Cincy scandal broke out. If/when New Orleans moves on from Thomas, the Jags are the most logical destination by far.