Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ikem Ekwonu

Ikem Ekwonu is a left tackle/guard from N.C. State who is rising up draft boards. CBS' most recent mock has the Jaguars selecting him with their first pick (3rd overall) after Thibodeaux and Neal are taken at 1 and 2. This guy's tape is fun to watch due to the ferocity at which he plays the position. He is also extremely athletic and has been compared to Alijah Vera-Tucker who is having a great rookie season for the Jets. Some analysts indicate Ekwonu may be better at guard, but the same was said about Vera-Tucker.

The more I think about it, the offensive line needs to be a top priority for the Jaguars along with wide receiver. Trevor Lawrence needs to remain healthy and finding a reliable left tackle who can protect his blind-side is critical. Despite the improvement shown by Cam Robinson this season, is he worth a long-term deal considering his overall track record (especially injuries). Even if they franchise him again, the Jaguars will still need to find a long-term solution at this position. Hopefully Little will factor into this decision once he improves his technique issues and the 2 year rust has totally worn off. Even if this happens, the Jaguars will need another tackle to replace Taylor. 

After watching the Jaguars this season, it is obvious that it will take at least two years for them to be seriously competitive. There are just too many needs. I'm not saying that I'd necessarily take Ekwonu (or Neal -if he grades out that high), but it must be considered. An ideal scenerio would be to trade back a few spots and pick up an additional high pick to help meet another need like receiver. Sometimes the least "sexy" draft picks turn out the best. Ekwonu would certainly not get our fans buzzing on draft day like a receiver who runs a forty in under 4.4 or a pass rusher who had 12 sacks in his last collegiate season. 

The Jaguars were extremely fortunate to be in position to draft a potential "generational quarterback." They now need to do what most successful franchises have done in the past and that is to build from the "inside-out." Address the offensive line and pass rush in the next draft and take the best available wide receiver in free agency (Godwin looked great last night). This may not be the popular view, but I believe it would be the best approach going forward.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-23-2021, 02:22 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Ikem Ekwonu is a left tackle/guard from N.C. State who is rising up draft boards. CBS' most recent mock has the Jaguars selecting him with their first pick (3rd overall) after Thibodeaux and Neal are taken at 1 and 2. This guy's tape is fun to watch due to the ferocity at which he plays the position. He is also extremely athletic and has been compared to Alijah Vera-Tucker who is having a great rookie season for the Jets. Some analysts indicate Ekwonu may be better at guard, but the same was said about Vera-Tucker.

The more I think about it, the offensive line needs to be a top priority for the Jaguars along with wide receiver. Trevor Lawrence needs to remain healthy and finding a reliable left tackle who can protect his blind-side is critical. Despite the improvement shown by Cam Robinson this season, is he worth a long-term deal considering his overall track record (especially injuries). Even if they franchise him again, the Jaguars will still need to find a long-term solution at this position. Hopefully Little will factor into this decision once he improves his technique issues and the 2 year rust has totally worn off. Even if this happens, the Jaguars will need another tackle to replace Taylor. 

After watching the Jaguars this season, it is obvious that it will take at least two years for them to be seriously competitive. There are just too many needs. I'm not saying that I'd necessarily take Ekwonu (or Neal -if he grades out that high), but it must be considered. An ideal scenerio would be to trade back a few spots and pick up an additional high pick to help meet another need like receiver. Sometimes the least "sexy" draft picks turn out the best. Ekwonu would certainly not get our fans buzzing on draft day like a receiver who runs a forty in under 4.4 or a pass rusher who had 12 sacks in his last collegiate season. 

The Jaguars were extremely fortunate to be in position to draft a potential "generational quarterback." They now need to do what most successful franchises have done in the past and that is to build from the "inside-out." Address the offensive line and pass rush in the next draft and take the best available wide receiver in free agency (Godwin looked great last night). This may not be the popular view, but I believe it would be the best approach going forward.

Personally, I am skeptical of Ekwonu as an OT. North Carolina State list him at 6'4" 320 lbs and as we all know, these school measurements are usually inflated. I'm betting he is closer to 6'3" which is normally well below what an ideal OT should be. With that said, Ekwonu is without a doubt, the #1 interior offensive linemen on my board, just ahead of Center Tyler Linderbaum, so drafting Ekwonu would still be a realistic option in my mind given that Norwell is almost certainly gone after this season. As far as his comparisons to Vera-Tucker, I can see that, but imo, Ekwonu is even better. Remember though, Vera Tucker was drafted by the Jets and they immediately moved him to LG, where he has done well. I see the same thing in Ekwonu's future. 

As far as LT, I'm probably unrealistic in my thinking, but I'm still holding out hope that we could either sign Terron Armstead or even Riley Reiff in free agency or possibly trade for a good, young OT. My backup plan would be to franchise Cam Robinson one more year and have him and Little fight it out in camp next year to start at LT, with the runner-up moving to RT, because Jawaan Taylor has to go. Then we would deal with finding a long term solution at LT in 2023 when hopefully there would be stronger options. 

As far as how long it will take us to be competitive, it all depends on Shad Khan. If he continues to be stubborn and insist he was right in hiring Urban Meyer, keeping him in power another year, that will be another year we will be held back. The future of our franchise is in his hands and frankly with his track record, I'm not very optimistic. I totally agree about trading back in the draft. That would be the ideal scenario. We're certainly not gonna fix everything in one offseason. There is just too many issues to address. Trading back and building up draft picks would give us more of a chance to add really good players in critical areas like WR, OLB, ILB and O-Line. I just don't trust this front office to do that though. 

While building the O-Line via the draft is something I've advocated for years, this OT class is very weak. I just don't see a standout OT worth taking in round 1 or 2. With that said, the OG and Center positions are pretty deep and if we could trade down a few spots and select an OG like Ekwonu or a Center/OG like Linderbaum, I'd be really happy. We don't just need an OT, we will need a new LG with Norwell hitting free agency and given that Linder is hurt so much and will be be on the books for $10 million in his final year in 2022, a Center prospect would be a welcomed addition as well.

I share your skepticism regarding Shad Khan's decision-making. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will fire Urban Meyer after just one season considering all the wonderful things he said after making this hire. I'd expect Bevell to be fired along with several position coaches. Hopefully Baalke will also be let go as his moves so far have been very poor.

Our franchise was given the opportunity of a lifetime when the Jets basically handed us the gift of drafting Trevor Lawrence. The loyal fans of the Jaguars have suffered greatly for over a decade. I have continued being a season ticket holder for 26 years, despite questioning my judgement on this matter. However, if Khan/Meyer mess up this amazing opportunity and fail to win due to horrible personnel decisions I will have had it. Rather than spend 8 Sundays every season watching a failed franchise, I'll be home watching the Red Zone or the best games each week. My guess is that there will be many other season ticket holders who also find better ways to spend their Sundays during football season.

(11-23-2021, 03:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 02:22 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Ikem Ekwonu is a left tackle/guard from N.C. State who is rising up draft boards. CBS' most recent mock has the Jaguars selecting him with their first pick (3rd overall) after Thibodeaux and Neal are taken at 1 and 2. This guy's tape is fun to watch due to the ferocity at which he plays the position. He is also extremely athletic and has been compared to Alijah Vera-Tucker who is having a great rookie season for the Jets. Some analysts indicate Ekwonu may be better at guard, but the same was said about Vera-Tucker.

Personally, I am skeptical of Ekwonu as an OT. North Carolina State list him at 6'4" 320 lbs and as we all know, these school measurements are usually inflated. I'm betting he is closer to 6'3" which is normally well below what an ideal OT should be. With that said, Ekwonu is without a doubt, the #1 interior offensive linemen on my board, just ahead of Center Tyler Linderbaum, so drafting Ekwonu would still be a realistic option in my mind given that Norwell is almost certainly gone after this season. As far as his comparisons to Vera-Tucker, I can see that, but imo, Ekwonu is even better. Remember though, Vera Tucker was drafted by the Jets and they immediately moved him to LG, where he has done well. I see the same thing in Ekwonu's future. 

As far as LT, I'm probably unrealistic in my thinking, but I'm still holding out hope that we could either sign Terron Armstead or even Riley Reiff in free agency or possibly trade for a good, young OT. My backup plan would be to franchise Cam Robinson one more year and have him and Little fight it out in camp next year to start at LT, with the runner-up moving to RT, because Jawaan Taylor has to go. Then we would deal with finding a long term solution at LT in 2023 when hopefully there would be stronger options. 

As far as how long it will take us to be competitive, it all depends on Shad Khan. If he continues to be stubborn and insist he was right in hiring Urban Meyer, keeping him in power another year, that will be another year we will be held back. The future of our franchise is in his hands and frankly with his track record, I'm not very optimistic. I totally agree about trading back in the draft. That would be the ideal scenario. We're certainly not gonna fix everything in one offseason. There is just too many issues to address. Trading back and building up draft picks would give us more of a chance to add really good players in critical areas like WR, OLB, ILB and O-Line. I just don't trust this front office to do that though. 

While building the O-Line via the draft is something I've advocated for years, this OT class is very weak. I just don't see a standout OT worth taking in round 1 or 2. With that said, the OG and Center positions are pretty deep and if we could trade down a few spots and select an OG like Ekwonu or a Center/OG like Linderbaum, I'd be really happy. We don't just need an OT, we will need a new LG with Norwell hitting free agency and given that Linder is hurt so much and will be be on the books for $10 million in his final year in 2022, a Center prospect would be a welcomed addition as well.

This idea of trading down a few spots makes the most sense to me. Unless Thibideaux falls to us of course but we all know that ain't gonna happen. This also has the predilection that we will be picking at the number three spot in the draft. That is very possible but we may get a couple more wins so that pushes us down the draft board but I still feel we will pick in the top ten. If we pick after number 7 then I am not sure there would be many trade possibilities. So if that is the case, who is most likley to be available in that 8-10 spot? Ojabo? Ekwonu for that LG position? Olave or Williams for WR1? I agree that Stingley is too big a risk so even if he is there I would pass. If Neal is there at 8 do we take him? This Sunday the Falcons game may go a ways to hinting at where we might finish for draft position. A win prolly pushes us well out of top five. Four or five wins might push us out of the top ten.

(11-24-2021, 02:24 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 03:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Personally, I am skeptical of Ekwonu as an OT. North Carolina State list him at 6'4" 320 lbs and as we all know, these school measurements are usually inflated. I'm betting he is closer to 6'3" which is normally well below what an ideal OT should be. With that said, Ekwonu is without a doubt, the #1 interior offensive linemen on my board, just ahead of Center Tyler Linderbaum, so drafting Ekwonu would still be a realistic option in my mind given that Norwell is almost certainly gone after this season. As far as his comparisons to Vera-Tucker, I can see that, but imo, Ekwonu is even better. Remember though, Vera Tucker was drafted by the Jets and they immediately moved him to LG, where he has done well. I see the same thing in Ekwonu's future. 

This idea of trading down a few spots makes the most sense to me. Unless Thibideaux falls to us of course but we all know that ain't gonna happen. This also has the predilection that we will be picking at the number three spot in the draft. That is very possible but we may get a couple more wins so that pushes us down the draft board but I still feel we will pick in the top ten. If we pick after number 7 then I am not sure there would be many trade possibilities. So if that is the case, who is most likley to be available in that 8-10 spot? Ojabo? Ekwonu for that LG position? Olave or Williams for WR1? I agree that Stingley is too big a risk so even if he is there I would pass. If Neal is there at 8 do we take him? This Sunday the Falcons game may go a ways to hinting at where we might finish for draft position. A win prolly pushes us well out of top five. Four or five wins might push us out of the top ten.

If we pick in the 8-10 spot (which is highly unlikely at this point), I believe Hutchinson and Ojabo will be gone. Ekwonu would probably be available, but would fans be happy with taking a LG that high? I'd be fine with it, but I bet I'd be in the minority. Personally, I think you have to take the best available player, which could be a WR. I'd be thrilled with that. If Neal is on the board, it would still be a hard pass from me, no matter where he falls in round 1. I just don't think he's a franchise OT. He doesn't stand out to me at all, even in this weak class. We have to hit on every player in the first 3 rounds. We've been missing on way too many players and that's why our team is so bad.

If Hutch is on the board I'm not trading down. If we're in the 8-10 range I think I am taking Jameson Williams.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021, 10:26 AM by DTWD4∞.)

(11-24-2021, 04:05 PM)Upper Wrote: If Hutch is on the board I'm not trading down. If we're in the 8-10 range I think I am taking Jameson Williams.

Definitely if Hutch is there unless Ojabo is too. Then it is tough pick for me

(11-24-2021, 04:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 02:24 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: This idea of trading down a few spots makes the most sense to me. Unless Thibideaux falls to us of course but we all know that ain't gonna happen. This also has the predilection that we will be picking at the number three spot in the draft. That is very possible but we may get a couple more wins so that pushes us down the draft board but I still feel we will pick in the top ten. If we pick after number 7 then I am not sure there would be many trade possibilities. So if that is the case, who is most likley to be available in that 8-10 spot? Ojabo? Ekwonu for that LG position? Olave or Williams for WR1? I agree that Stingley is too big a risk so even if he is there I would pass. If Neal is there at 8 do we take him? This Sunday the Falcons game may go a ways to hinting at where we might finish for draft position. A win prolly pushes us well out of top five. Four or five wins might push us out of the top ten.

If we pick in the 8-10 spot (which is highly unlikely at this point), I believe Hutchinson and Ojabo will be gone. Ekwonu would probably be available, but would fans be happy with taking a LG that high? I'd be fine with it, but I bet I'd be in the minority. Personally, I think you have to take the best available player, which could be a WR. I'd be thrilled with that. If Neal is on the board, it would still be a hard pass from me, no matter where he falls in round 1. I just don't think he's a franchise OT. He doesn't stand out to me at all, even in this weak class. We have to hit on every player in the first 3 rounds. We've been missing on way too many players and that's why our team is so bad.

If Ekwonu gets perceived as a comp to Quentin Nelson then I am fine with it and I think many here would be also. But if Olave or Williams at WR are there it would be very hard to pass on that.

(11-25-2021, 10:23 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 04:05 PM)Upper Wrote: If Hutch is on the board I'm not trading down. If we're in the 8-10 range I think I am taking Jameson Williams.

Definitely if Hutch is there unless Ojabo is too. Then it is tough pick for me

(11-24-2021, 04:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we pick in the 8-10 spot (which is highly unlikely at this point), I believe Hutchinson and Ojabo will be gone. Ekwonu would probably be available, but would fans be happy with taking a LG that high? I'd be fine with it, but I bet I'd be in the minority. Personally, I think you have to take the best available player, which could be a WR. I'd be thrilled with that. If Neal is on the board, it would still be a hard pass from me, no matter where he falls in round 1. I just don't think he's a franchise OT. He doesn't stand out to me at all, even in this weak class. We have to hit on every player in the first 3 rounds. We've been missing on way too many players and that's why our team is so bad.

If Ekwonu gets perceived as a comp to Quentin Nelson then I am fine with it and I think many here would be also. But if Olave or Williams at WR are there it would be very hard to pass on that.

I like Ekwonu a lot, but I don't think he's the next Quenton Nelson. I see him more as a Wyatt Teller type, which is still very good. If Jameson Williams is on the board, I'm running to the podium to take him. I really, really like that kid. I would also be very happy with Chris Olave, but I'd have to see who else was available before making him my choice. There will be some excellent players on the board when we pick and given that we have needs at almost every position, it will be a tough choice.

No doubt, the Jaguars will have a tough choice regardless of where they pick in the top 10.At the current time, this would be my Big Board (I'm sure it will change by draft time):

1. Thibodeaux (by a wide margin)

2. Hutchinson (very safe with high ceiling at position of need)

3.Ekwanu (can play tackle or guard and he has traits to eventually be dominant)

4. Garrett Wilson (slight edge over Williams and Olave, still would prefer to take receiver in round 2)

5. Derek Stingley (only if his physical is o.k.)

If Thibodeaux isn't on the board, my preference would be a trade back. That opportunity will only happen if the Jaguars pick in the top 5. As bad as they look, wins against Atlanta, Houston and the Jets are possible.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this Board. I am thankful for having this Board as an outlet for my thoughts about the Jaguars. Never has the saying "Misery loves company" been more appropriate!

I neglected to add David Ojabo, who would likely be in the 3rd spot if he continues to shine prior to draft time.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021, 12:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Olave and Wilson are a big reasons why Williams was able to have a big season. He couldn't beat hem out so he went to Alabama who just lost their to WRs so he could start. The only WR that has been worth a top 10 pick from Alabama in the last decade is Julio Jones. I like Williams but to draft him in the 1st where we pick will be a huge reach for need imo. Williams isn't better than , Ridley, Cooper , Smith, Juedy, or Waddle imo. With our 2nd pick then it would be great value.

People are really sleeping on David Bell imo. Hopefully he falls to our 2nd pick

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021, 01:05 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I do hope we get one of

Bell, Olave, Wilson, Williams, or London. After those 5 there's a drop off imo. If we don't get a number 1 in FA I want 2 of those guys. Double dip early at WR like we did in 2014. We could of had Adams and Robinson although I did really want Lee he just couldn't stay healthy

We might be able to steal London in the 2nd or 3rd being his injury

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021, 02:15 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-25-2021, 12:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Olave and Wilson are a big reasons why Williams was able to have a big season.  He couldn't beat hem out so he went to Alabama who just lost their to WRs so he could start. The only WR that has been worth a top 10 pick from Alabama in the last decade is Julio Jones.  I like Williams but to draft him in the 1st where we pick will be a huge reach for need imo.  Williams isn't better than , Ridley, Cooper , Smith, Juedy, or Waddle imo.  With our 2nd pick then it would be great value.

People are really sleeping on David Bell imo.  Hopefully he falls to our 2nd pick

Your reasoning makes no sense. J.T. Barrett and Dwayne Haskins were ahead of Joe Burrow at Ohio State. He transferred to LSU were he thrived. Because he couldn't beat out Barrett or Haskins, do you think that makes them better QB's than Burrow? Barrett and Haskins have been hot garbage in the NFL and Burrow looks like a future star. Looking at how they are performing, Williams looks slightly better than Olave and Garrett and that is saying something. All three will almost certainly be first round selections. 

Imo, Jameson Williams is not better than Julio Jones or Amari Cooper, but he's better than Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Waddle and the jury is still out on if he is better than DeVonta Smith. It could go either way. 

Bell is a very good WR. If he had a better QB at Purdue, he'd be a first round WR, but I expect him to fall to the 2nd round. Who ever gets him will get a steal.

(11-25-2021, 01:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I do hope we get one of

Bell, Olave, Wilson, Williams, or London.  After those 5 there's a drop off imo.  If we don't get a number 1 in FA I want 2 of those guys.  Double dip early at WR like we did in 2014.  We could of had Adams and Robinson although I did really want Lee he just couldn't stay healthy

Olave, Wilson, Williams and London are virtual locks for the first round, even with London's injury. Of the guys you mentioned, Bell is the only guy who has a shot at being there with our 2nd round pick and if he runs well, he might go higher as well.

(11-25-2021, 11:48 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: No doubt, the Jaguars will have a tough choice regardless of where they pick in the top 10.At the current time, this would be my Big Board (I'm sure it will change by draft time):

4. Garrett Wilson (slight edge over Williams and Olave, still would prefer to take receiver in round 2)

If Thibodeaux isn't on the board, my preference would be a trade back. That opportunity will only happen if the Jaguars pick in the top 5. As bad as they look, wins against Atlanta, Houston and the Jets are possible.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this Board. I am thankful for having this Board as an outlet for my thoughts about the Jaguars. Never has the saying "Misery loves company" been more appropriate!

I don't really have a prioritized list yet. It's still way too early for me.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021, 09:56 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(11-25-2021, 02:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 12:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Olave and Wilson are a big reasons why Williams was able to have a big season.  He couldn't beat hem out so he went to Alabama who just lost their to WRs so he could start. The only WR that has been worth a top 10 pick from Alabama in the last decade is Julio Jones.  I like Williams but to draft him in the 1st where we pick will be a huge reach for need imo.  Williams isn't better than , Ridley, Cooper , Smith, Juedy, or Waddle imo.  With our 2nd pick then it would be great value.

People are really sleeping on David Bell imo.  Hopefully he falls to our 2nd pick

Your reasoning makes no sense. J.T. Barrett and Dwayne Haskins were ahead of Joe Burrow at Ohio State. He transferred to LSU were he thrived. Because he couldn't beat out Barrett or Haskins, do you think that makes them better QB's than Burrow? Barrett and Haskins have been hot garbage in the NFL and Burrow looks like a future star. Looking at how they are performing, Williams looks slightly better than Olave and Garrett and that is saying something. All three will almost certainly be first round selections. 

Imo, Jameson Williams is not better than Julio Jones or Amari Cooper, but he's better than Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Waddle and the jury is still out on if he is better than DeVonta Smith. It could go either way. 

Bell is a very good WR. If he had a better QB at Purdue, he'd be a first round WR, but I expect him to fall to the 2nd round. Who ever gets him will get a steal. 

(11-25-2021, 01:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I do hope we get one of

Bell, Olave, Wilson, Williams, or London.  After those 5 there's a drop off imo.  If we don't get a number 1 in FA I want 2 of those guys.  Double dip early at WR like we did in 2014.  We could of had Adams and Robinson although I did really want Lee he just couldn't stay healthy

Olave, Wilson, Williams and London are virtual locks for the first round, even with London's injury. Of the guys you mentioned, Bell is the only guy who has a shot at being there with our 2nd round pick and if he runs well, he might go higher as well.

(11-25-2021, 11:48 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: No doubt, the Jaguars will have a tough choice regardless of where they pick in the top 10.At the current time, this would be my Big Board (I'm sure it will change by draft time):

What do you mean my reason makes no sense.  Thats exactly why Williams left Ohio St because he was behind those 2.  Urbz just made the mistake to keep Haskins over Burrow and lose Burrow regardless of the 50 TDs that Haskins had, Haskins was never that good and all Ohio St QBs look good.  Although Burrow wasnt all that great in even his Jr yearr, he improved a ton in his Senior year to have one of the best seasons ever for a college QB.  Why is the jury is still out on if he is better than DeVonta Smith but not the other guys?  Lolol. Every year you always say this guy is a lock to go here or there and it doesnt happen. Yeah Bell isnt in the mocks as high as the other guys but i dont really care about the mocks. Almost every year there is WRs that go in the 2nd that are better than the ones selected in the 1st.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021, 10:10 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I dont know where London will go, it really depends on the injury but if he is 100% he would probably be my top guy with his size, he has the speed and toughness as well.

(11-25-2021, 09:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 02:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Your reasoning makes no sense. J.T. Barrett and Dwayne Haskins were ahead of Joe Burrow at Ohio State. He transferred to LSU were he thrived. Because he couldn't beat out Barrett or Haskins, do you think that makes them better QB's than Burrow? Barrett and Haskins have been hot garbage in the NFL and Burrow looks like a future star. Looking at how they are performing, Williams looks slightly better than Olave and Garrett and that is saying something. All three will almost certainly be first round selections. 

What do you mean my reason makes no sense.  Thats exactly why Williams left Ohio St because he was behind those 2.  Urbz just made the mistake to keep Haskins over Burrow and lose Burrow regardless of the 50 TDs that Haskins had, Haskins was never that good and all Ohio St QBs look good.  Although Burrow wasnt all that great in even his Jr yearr, he improved a ton in his Senior year to have one of the best seasons ever for a college QB.  Why is the jury is still out on if he is better than DeVonta Smith but not the other guys?  Lolol. Every year you always say this guy is a lock to go here or there and it doesnt happen.  Yeah Bell isnt in the mocks as high as the other guys but i dont really care about the mocks.  Almost every year there is WRs that go in the 2nd that are better than the ones selected in the 1st.

Because you're making it sound like because he couldn't beat out Olave or Wilson, he's less of a prospect than those two are. The reality was that Burrow was better than Barrett and Haskins was and Jameson Williams is better than Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson. 

Why is the jury still out on whether Williamson is better than Smith? IMO, Smith was the greatest Alabama WR since Amari Cooper. Williams hasn't even completed his season yet and right now, I have him pretty neck and neck with Smith. Once the season is over and we also get some 40 times on Williams I can accurately assess whether he's better or less than Smith, but just by the eyeball test, I believe he is better than the rest of the Alabama receivers.

I believe there are few WR's in this draft that can be a true #1 in the NFL. IMO, Williams, Olave and possibly Garrett Wilson, David Bell and Jalen Tolbert are those type of receivers. Given our current situation at the position, I believe we HAVE to take one of these guys and pray we make the right choice.

(11-26-2021, 07:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 09:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What do you mean my reason makes no sense.  Thats exactly why Williams left Ohio St because he was behind those 2.  Urbz just made the mistake to keep Haskins over Burrow and lose Burrow regardless of the 50 TDs that Haskins had, Haskins was never that good and all Ohio St QBs look good.  Although Burrow wasnt all that great in even his Jr yearr, he improved a ton in his Senior year to have one of the best seasons ever for a college QB.  Why is the jury is still out on if he is better than DeVonta Smith but not the other guys?  Lolol. Every year you always say this guy is a lock to go here or there and it doesnt happen.  Yeah Bell isnt in the mocks as high as the other guys but i dont really care about the mocks.  Almost every year there is WRs that go in the 2nd that are better than the ones selected in the 1st.

Because you're making it sound like because he couldn't beat out Olave or Wilson, he's less of a prospect than those two are. The reality was that Burrow was better than Barrett and Haskins was and Jameson Williams is better than Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson. 

Why is the jury still out on whether Williamson is better than Smith? IMO, Smith was the greatest Alabama WR since Amari Cooper. Williams hasn't even completed his season yet and right now, I have him pretty neck and neck with Smith. Once the season is over and we also get some 40 times on Williams I can accurately assess whether he's better or less than Smith, but just by the eyeball test, I believe he is better than the rest of the Alabama receivers.

I believe there are few WR's in this draft that can be a true #1 in the NFL. IMO, Williams, Olave and possibly Garrett Wilson, David Bell and Jalen Tolbert are those type of receivers. Given our current situation at the position, I believe we HAVE to take one of these guys and pray we make the right choice.

oh ok lol

(11-26-2021, 05:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 07:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Because you're making it sound like because he couldn't beat out Olave or Wilson, he's less of a prospect than those two are. The reality was that Burrow was better than Barrett and Haskins was and Jameson Williams is better than Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson. 

oh ok lol

You don't consider speed when assessing WR's?

Just turned on the NC game and the 2nd play I see Ekwonu gets beat bad

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2021, 09:38 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-26-2021, 08:04 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-26-2021, 05:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: oh ok lol

You don't consider speed when assessing WR's?

Oh I consider it.  I think Williams will run a low 4.4 or mid to high 4.3.  Smith didn't even run a 40 so what does that mean for him?  Certain players 40 times doesn't even matter to me when they are fast enough, and Smith was one of those players. One thing I really like about Williams is his kick return ability but we do already have Agnew and they kick it out of bounds most of the time anyway