Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyson Campbell - Rd2, Pick 33

We spent the 33rd pick in the draft on a zone corner. The Legend Of Urban Decline continues to grow.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Campbell was an absolute colossal mistake at 33 overall.

You can put him up there with Alualu and Taven. I can get the same production out of a street free agent. Maybe move him to Safety.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 06:47 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-14-2021, 06:37 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Campbell was an absolute colossal mistake at 33 overall.

You can put him up there with Alualu and Taven. I can get the same production out of a street free agent. Maybe move him to  Safety.

I didn't like the pick but not because I thought he sucked but because I thought there was an elite WR sitting there along with Barmore.  Have you been watching the last few weeks? He's a rookie with a lot of talent and has been playing pretty good

It was Carson Wents and an utterly washed TY Hilton. Let's see him do it vs...well after next week he really won't have a fair test lol. The entire rest of our schedule is vs absolutely horrible WR2s...and then the Rams which isn't fair the other way. We'll see in 2022.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2021, 06:49 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-14-2021, 06:44 PM)Upper Wrote: It was Carson Wents and an utterly washed TY Hilton. Let's see him do it vs...well after next week he really won't have a fair test lol. The entire rest of our schedule is vs absolutely horrible WR2s...and then the Rams which isn't fair the other way. We'll see in 2022.

Lololol.  You also said after last week that it was a fluke and our defense sucks. You do this anytime our players play well. It's never good on their part it's just the other teams self afflicted lmao

He’s got 36 more tackles than me and we have the same ints.

(11-14-2021, 06:50 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He’s got 36 more tackles than me and we have the same ints.

He did make some nice tackles today as well as coverage.  That one tackle short of the sticks on 3rd down was a great play.

Add CJ Henderson to the list too. And probably Chaisson

(11-14-2021, 06:37 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Campbell was an absolute colossal mistake at 33 overall.

You can put him up there with Alualu and Taven. I can get the same production out of a street free agent. Maybe move him to  Safety.

@Like he'd get the start over Wingard.@

/runs

(11-15-2021, 09:13 AM)Mikey Wrote:

@Like he'd get the start over Wingard.@

/runs

Wingard was useless yesterday early in the game. I still dont understand why Cisco cant get in more. Wingard does play well at times. I will give him that

(11-14-2021, 06:44 PM)Upper Wrote: It was Carson Wents and an utterly washed TY Hilton. Let's see him do it vs...well after next week he really won't have a fair test lol. The entire rest of our schedule is vs absolutely horrible WR2s...and then the Rams which isn't fair the other way. We'll see in 2022.

This comment is still comical to me lol.  It doesn't matter if Campbell plays good or not the rest of the year because everyone he will go up against sucks lmao.  So this last week's great game he had against Pitts and Atl. doesn't really matter

(12-01-2021, 10:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

This comment is still comical to me lol.  It doesn't matter if Campbell plays good or not the rest of the year because everyone he will go up against sucks lmao.  So this last week's great game he had against Pitts and Atl. doesn't really matter

I think the argument is that since Campbell sucks then everyone he shuts down also sucks. No development allowed...

(12-01-2021, 02:29 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 10:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This comment is still comical to me lol.  It doesn't matter if Campbell plays good or not the rest of the year because everyone he will go up against sucks lmao.  So this last week's great game he had against Pitts and Atl. doesn't really matter

I think the argument is that since Campbell sucks then everyone he shuts down also sucks. No development allowed...

Exactly lol

(12-01-2021, 02:29 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I think the argument is that since Campbell sucks then everyone he shuts down also sucks. No development allowed...

The point is that it's hard to say with a lack of true tests. It's kinda silly to say oh look he held Olamide Zaccheus in check he's making strides.

Now, as I have said many times, it does appear like he has taken real steps since he has started playing soft zone. Sitting back and being able to break on a ball suits him MUCH better than pressing a man, turning his back to the play, and then having to turn back around to find the ball and make a play on it. If you want to point out that he had made strides there, then I agree.

It would be nice to say the jags have 2 good cornerbacks.

(12-01-2021, 09:27 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 02:29 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I think the argument is that since Campbell sucks then everyone he shuts down also sucks. No development allowed...

The point is that it's hard to say with a lack of true tests. It's kinda silly to say oh look he held Olamide Zaccheus in check he's making strides.

Now, as I have said many times, it does appear like he has taken real steps since he has started playing soft zone. Sitting back and being able to break on a ball suits him MUCH better than pressing a man, turning his back to the play, and then having to turn back around to find the ball and make a play on it. If you want to point out that he had made strides there, then I agree.

Did you watch the game?  He covered Pitts alot of the game.  We have also mixed in man coverage with zone and he has improved there as well.  Even in zone corners have to match up with revivers and run with him.  I know you like to discredit our players any time they play good ball or improve.  Like when JRob was voted by the players to be top 100, when Minshew was winning rookie of the weeks, etc.

Jrob isn't a top 100 player (he is quite good but there are a whole lot of good players!), and Minshew didn't deserve hardly any of those rookie of the weeks.

(12-02-2021, 11:39 AM)Upper Wrote: Jrob isn't a top 100 player (he is quite good but there are a whole lot of good players!), and Minshew didn't deserve hardly any of those rookie of the weeks.

Like I said lol

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 03:27 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-02-2021, 02:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 11:39 AM)Upper Wrote: Jrob isn't a top 100 player (he is quite good but there are a whole lot of good players!), and Minshew didn't deserve hardly any of those rookie of the weeks.

Like I said lol
Is he even a top 10 RB at this point?

CMac, Cook, Kamara, Henry, Mixon, Ekler, Taylor, Najee, Aaron Jones, Chubb....

Then mix in a bunch of guys you could argue are better like Swift, Javonte, Hunt, Gibson, Barkley, Zeke, Dillon, Montgomery.

I don't think it's a stretch to say JRob isn't a top 100 player.

(12-02-2021, 03:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 02:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Like I said lol
Is he even a top 10 RB at this point?

CMac, Cook, Kamara, Henry, Mixon, Ekler, Taylor, Najee, Aaron Jones, Chubb....

Then mix in a bunch of guys you could argue are better like Swift, Javonte, Hunt, Gibson, Barkley, Zeke, Dillon, Montgomery.

I don't think it's a stretch to say JRob isn't a top 100 player.
Easily, whenever JRob is healthy he's top 5 in rushing.  He was top 5 in rushing last year before he got hurt and he was top 5 this year when he went down.  JRob is running behind an oline that's average at best and is still averaging over 5ypc.  You put Najje over JRob yet he averages 1.5 yrds less per carry.   I'd take him over Ekler, Jones and maybe Mixon as well.  I'd like to see JRob behind a good oline and a coach that knows how to use him.  Not to mention the players votes him in, it's not a stretch at all to say he is a top 100 player