Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 10:23 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-26-2022, 09:23 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 09:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I was really hoping we keep Cullen.

Yes he was a good find. The jags defense was actually fun to watch in 2021 and they played hard with no help from a 3 and out offense.

Agreed, with what he had to work with on defense he did an amazing job.  The way Campbell improved through the year, what he did with this dline that doesn't have a lot of talent, Allen wanting Cullen to stay etc.  What the D did to Buf and Josh Allen and the way our defense played and dominated the Colts and their oline.  He was the best DC we have had with his mixed blitz packages in some time.  Really wanted to see what this D would look like next year in the same system with the addition of a guy like Hutch.  If we do hire Foote I do think he will be great for Myles Jack and the LB.  If we do hire Foote I think he will want to put his coaching stamp on Jack

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-26-2022, 07:35 AM)Preach Wrote: Eh. I like Byron, but not excited about him being our head coach. Seems like another experiment that this team loves to explore and usually fail at. I hope he does well, I was just wanting an experienced head coach to get us back on track.

Yep, I agree.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-26-2022, 07:35 AM)Preach Wrote: Eh. I like Byron, but not excited about him being our head coach. Seems like another experiment that this team loves to explore and usually fail at. I hope he does well, I was just wanting an experienced head coach to get us back on track.
The odds of a retread HC and a new HC working are essentially the same.

Yes Please to Byron being our next HC.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(01-26-2022, 07:45 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I feel like this is the only hire that makes absolutely no sense outside of "oh he was our QB in the past"

What has he really done as a coach? nothing. Hope it works out but it's giving me the same feel as Meyer did last year. Too unknown.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 11:31 AM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

Unforttantly until Khan is gone the jags culture will remain a loseing one. Khan is holding team back from being winners.

heres something to watch that says  Khan is the problom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnGUWYkiXrQ&t=1s

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(01-26-2022, 07:45 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I feel like this is the only hire that makes absolutely no sense outside of "oh he was our QB in the past"

What has he really done as a coach? nothing. Hope it works out but it's giving me the same feel as Meyer did last year. Too unknown.

top 3 passing attack for 3 consecutive years. Top 10 offense overall past 3 years pretty good resume

Is this actually legit? Nothing out there but tweets from non-Jags folks.
You're Welcome.

(01-26-2022, 11:32 AM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote:

top 3 passing attack for 3 consecutive years. Top 10 offense overall past 3 years pretty good resume

HAHAHAH... ya, two words. Tom Brady...

Good Grief... get a grip
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

R.I.P. Leftwich's career if Baalke stays unless Khan has assured him that if anyone's fired next year, it's Baalke and not Him.

As long as he can bring some experience with him, I think the coaching side of things will be fine. Player acquisition in free agency... I'm more worried about unless Baalke is fired the moment Leftwich is hired.

(01-26-2022, 11:33 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 11:32 AM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote: top 3 passing attack for 3 consecutive years. Top 10 offense overall past 3 years pretty good resume

HAHAHAH... ya, two words. Tom Brady...

Good Grief... get a grip

Yea what about Winston throwing for 5k?

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 11:43 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-26-2022, 11:33 AM)maddenisfordorks Wrote: Is this actually legit? Nothing out there but tweets from non-Jags folks.

https://twitter.com/NBCSEdgeFB/status/14...61666?s=20

Working out some things on the contract

(01-26-2022, 11:38 AM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 11:33 AM)Ronster Wrote: HAHAHAH... ya, two words. Tom Brady...

Good Grief... get a grip

Yea what about Winston throwing for 5k?

He was so good, they got rid of him the first chance they could. LOL..
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(01-26-2022, 11:42 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 11:38 AM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote: Yea what about Winston throwing for 5k?

He was so good, they got rid of him the first chance they could. LOL..
Maybe they can go after Foles right?

Loser.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 11:44 AM by Newton.)

Contract negotiations are to be expected. All of this happens incredibly quickly if you think about it.

This is going to take work to turn this franchise around, no doubt. However I really do think Byron has the skills that we need at this time. Also, he has the persona we need to help attract talent here.

(01-26-2022, 11:43 AM)Newton Wrote: Contract negotiations are to be expected. All of this happens incredibly quickly if you think about it.

This is going to take work to turn this franchise around, no doubt. However I really do think Byron has the skills that we need at this time. Also, he has the persona we need to help attract talent here.
Let's hope dude.

I've been pretty pessimistic when it comes to just about all the Jags decisions the last 5 years. I love this one and hopefully, it will work out.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2022, 11:48 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(01-26-2022, 11:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 11:42 AM)Ronster Wrote: He was so good, they got rid of him the first chance they could. LOL..
Maybe they can go after Foles right?

Loser.

What a douche. 

I feel like he's saying, without saying, a darn black man as head coach of my Cowford Jags?! no way!

(01-26-2022, 11:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 11:43 AM)Newton Wrote: Contract negotiations are to be expected. All of this happens incredibly quickly if you think about it.

Let's hope dude.

I've been pretty pessimistic when it comes to just about all the Jags decisions the last 5 years. I love this one and hopefully, it will work out.

I love that they're hiring Byron. He just knows every facet of the game of football

(01-26-2022, 11:47 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 11:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Maybe they can go after Foles right?

Loser.

What a douche. 

I feel like he's saying, without saying, a darn black man as head coach of my Cowford Jags?! no way!

(01-26-2022, 11:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Let's hope dude.

I love that they're hiring Byron. He just knows every facet of the game of football
We all know what he's saying..... He's the worst.

(01-26-2022, 09:23 AM)Jag88 Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 09:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I was really hoping we keep Cullen.

Yes he was a good find. The jags defense was actually fun to watch in 2021 and they played hard with no help from a 3 and out offense.
Really?  This defense got beat like a drum most of the year with 0 pass rush in most games.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]