Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

(01-28-2022, 09:53 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 09:49 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: You sir are already drunk in the AM.

Makes sense with what my sources are feeding me.

Drunk with the sense of glee that the clouds will soon be parted and the Jags will finally find their day in the sun!

(01-28-2022, 09:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: That’s just not true and you know it.

You can not trot Bevell out there next season and expect fans to be excited.

Winning changes minds in a hurry!
That’s not happening with Bevell and Baalke. No chance.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-28-2022, 09:57 AM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 09:32 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: This is what I have now heard.

The Rooney rule is what held up the final signing. 

In that wait interim, khan basically thought they were rushing, and it didn’t sit right with him that Byron basically forced an ultimatum. He thinks by firing baalke he lets Byron “win”. He told Tony this is his team, and is now considering restarting the process of looking for a coach. 

My source says it’s now 50/50 if this Wilson/ Leftwich deal goes through. Tony is trying but khan basically told his son to screw off because it’s his team. Not Tony’s. 

Khan is literally the most toxic owner. I dare say he’s worst then Snyder at this point.

Edit: I for the life of me can not understand why Khan is so loyal to Baalke.
any link or proof of this... nothing like starting a rumor....

I have stated multiple times to take my sourced info with a grain of salt. I am not saying ever 100 percent what I hear is always true, but more often then not these rumors have proven to have elements of correctness.

Trust me, I am hoping this one is wrong. Wilson and Leftwich will mean hope. Falling through sinks us.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 10:06 AM by JaggedSioux. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-28-2022, 09:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 09:53 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Drunk with the sense of glee that the clouds will soon be parted and the Jags will finally find their day in the sun!

Winning changes minds in a hurry!
That’s not happening with Bevell and Baalke. No chance.
Noncommital on Baalke, but I say the Bevell hire would give us a better chance than anything else out there at this point.

(01-28-2022, 09:38 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 09:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Snyder will always be the worst owner but man this is so bad.

I just can’t for the life of me see how Baalke is staying on. Everyone is applauding the Leftwich/Wilson move and yet Khan wants to possibly keep Baalke? Come on now.

In the end it’s more then misguided loyalty. It’s Khans ego. He thinks he’s the smart owner and doesn’t like that others are “telling him what to do”. Which is ironic because the only way Baalke is staying on is probably because he convinced Khan that he wasn’t responsible for this mess of a roster

If this whole situation you're describing is true, what kind of environment will this lead to?  If you're Leftwich or Wilson, do you really feel comfortable working for an organization run by a man this misguided?

I know the NFL is not a normal job in any regard, but if it were me in their shoes I'd be walking.  I wowed you in the interview, I told you my terms, you tried to find someone else and came crawling back, and now you're changing your mind again?  Quit [BLEEP] around and playing games!

If I'm Byron, I tell the Jags nevermind, take the Saints interview, and if that doesn't work, I stay in Tampa and probably take over for Arians.

Shad Khan is a [BLEEP] idiot.  He is the worst owner in the NFL.  He doesn't even have the moral high ground to stand on any more.  The Jaguars have gone from an afterthought to a laughingstock under Khan.  Every report about this team is a negative one.

He deserves every bit of what is coming his way when this team loses STHs.

(01-28-2022, 10:09 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 09:38 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: In the end it’s more then misguided loyalty. It’s Khans ego. He thinks he’s the smart owner and doesn’t like that others are “telling him what to do”. Which is ironic because the only way Baalke is staying on is probably because he convinced Khan that he wasn’t responsible for this mess of a roster

If this whole situation you're describing is true, what kind of environment will this lead to?  If you're Leftwich or Wilson, do you really feel comfortable working for an organization run by a man this misguided?

I know the NFL is not a normal job in any regard, but if it were me in their shoes I'd be walking.  I wowed you in the interview, I told you my terms, you tried to find someone else and came crawling back, and now you're changing your mind again?  Quit [BLEEP] around and playing games!

If I'm Byron, I tell the Jags nevermind, take the Saints interview, and if that doesn't work, I stay in Tampa and probably take over for Arians.

Shad Khan is a [BLEEP] idiot.  He is the worst owner in the NFL.  He doesn't even have the moral high ground to stand on any more.  The Jaguars have gone from an afterthought to a laughingstock under Khan.  Every report about this team is a negative one.

You are on to something here

Apparently, Tony is giving it one last shot. My source thinks if it doesn't happen today, Byron walks.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 10:20 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-28-2022, 10:09 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 09:38 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: In the end it’s more then misguided loyalty. It’s Khans ego. He thinks he’s the smart owner and doesn’t like that others are “telling him what to do”. Which is ironic because the only way Baalke is staying on is probably because he convinced Khan that he wasn’t responsible for this mess of a roster

As bad as it is. As bad as it's been since 2011 in Jacksonville. It's still one of thirty two jobs in the pinnacle of this sport. Somebody will want this job. May not be the guy we all want or covet. But, somebody will take it. 

Detroit, Cleveland & Cincinnati were basement dwellers for decades as well. In some years they would fool around here and there and make a play-off run, however, most of the time, they were just as dysfunctional and toxic as this place. Washington is in the same exact position. 

Money is a larger issue here. I think Simms sighted it yesterday in a video a poster dropped in a different thread. However, he pointed to the fact that a lot of unproven college guys were jumping into the NFL and getting stupidly highly contract deals to the tune of $9M per year. Meyer was one of them I believe. As was Judge and/or Rhule.

So, leverage wise? Leftwich can sit there at the table and say:

1. I have been in the NFL at the QB and coordinator level for multiple teams that have been around and pulled in the Lombardi trophy.
2. I have actual NFL experience. 
3. I have more credibility around the NFL than a lot of these other guys that came in before me. You can check my references and ask around. 

He's trying to maximize his contract as well. I don't blame him. For all of the reasons you cited above. I would want an extra $1M - $3M on my deal as well considering this place is such a circus that I am probably going to be tied down with this mess while missing out on other opportunities to work for a more prominent franchise that will more than likely become available in 2023, 2024 or 2025. 

Think about that. I get stuck in Jacksonville with Khan, when, like you said, could have stuck it out and took over in Tampa Bay, maybe McCarthy is out in Dallas and that's now an opening I could have had. Maybe LaFleur bombs in Green Bay with Love post Rodgers and that landmark of a franchise now becomes an opening. Maybe a job with the Chargers or Cardinals opens up, etc. 

It's anyone's guess. However, the negotiating table is the one and only place you're going to be able to hash out anything you want and need up front and moving forward. Takes time.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-28-2022, 09:48 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 09:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: And then who’s the head coach? Bevell?!

Eberflus and Hackett have already signed elsewhere.

The best choice of the bunch is right under their noses. Bevell gives the Jags the best chance of pulling this all together. Trevor would welcome him with open arms.

All I heard was: “Hey, your Roman order came in. Want to Daryl Bevell?”

(01-28-2022, 10:02 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 09:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: That’s not happening with Bevell and Baalke. No chance.
Noncommital on Baalke, but I say the Bevell hire would give us a better chance than anything else out there at this point.

I bet you were a big Jeff Fisher fan.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 10:53 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-28-2022, 09:57 AM)tomfin2022 Wrote: I think SamusAranX hit the nail on the head. Khan knows that hiring Leftwich/Wilson is the right move, but doing so, at least in his eyes, means that he allowed someone else to tell him what to do with HIS team. He’s got this attitude that the fans, the media, the rest of the NFL, and even his own son (apparently) aren’t going to tell him what to do with HIS team.

If this is really true, then there is no hope for this team until Khan dies and his son takes over...if he even wills it to him. Or sells. Dysfunctional owner with a capital D.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-28-2022, 10:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 10:02 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Noncommital on Baalke, but I say the Bevell hire would give us a better chance than anything else out there at this point.

That's not fair.

Jeff Fisher won 7-8 games a year. And he made a Super Bowl. Bevel isn't Fisher level. Gus Bradley level more like it.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 11:03 AM by JaggedSioux.)

(01-28-2022, 10:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 10:02 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Noncommital on Baalke, but I say the Bevell hire would give us a better chance than anything else out there at this point.

Kind of an odd assumption on your part.

(01-28-2022, 10:56 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 10:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I bet you were a big Jeff Fisher fan.

That's not fair.

Jeff Fisher won 7-8 games a year. And he made a Super Bowl. Bevel isn't Fisher level. Gus Bradley level more like it.

Not as a head coach, but he does have 2 Super Bowl rings.

(01-28-2022, 10:59 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 10:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I bet you were a big Jeff Fisher fan.

Kind of an odd assumption on your part.

(01-28-2022, 10:56 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: That's not fair.

Not really. I'm assuming you are a Titans fan who is just here to troll, since all of your takes are so laughably bad.

(01-27-2022, 11:20 AM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 09:39 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Cleatwood is a buffoon.  Glad I blocked him because he post nothing but garbage.  Too bad when he gets quoted I occasionally see his garbage spewed across my screen.

I notice these bullies on the board like him who insult people, never admit when they are wrong or own up to anything.   Little man syndrome.

Dilla has not been right 100% of the time and gets many things wrong.

Dude!  This is literally what you do dang near every time you post anything.  Hypocrite much?  Good grief.

HE DID IT HIMSELF IN THAT VERY POST

I finally blocked my first person, wow. And it took them less than 30 posts to prove to be the worst poster I've ever seen here.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 11:09 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(01-28-2022, 10:02 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 09:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: That’s not happening with Bevell and Baalke. No chance.

So you're saying, unequivocally, you know zero about football?

(01-28-2022, 11:07 AM)Upper Wrote: I finally blocked my first person, wow. And it took them less than 30 posts to prove to be the worst poster I've ever seen here.

I'm with you... if that's not Mrs. Bevell or he himself posting... there's no other explanation. He straight up sucks.

(01-28-2022, 11:04 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 10:59 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Kind of an odd assumption on your part.

Not really. I'm assuming you are a Titans fan who is just here to troll, since all of your takes are so laughably bad.

How are they bad takes? Because they don't jibe with your cockeyed narrative? Aren't you the one who earlier said you'd be taking your ball and going home if you didn't get your way?

(01-28-2022, 11:12 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:04 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not really. I'm assuming you are a Titans fan who is just here to troll, since all of your takes are so laughably bad.

How are they bad takes? Because they don't jibe with your cockeyed narrative? Aren't you the one who earlier said you'd be taking your ball and going home if you didn't get your way?

Bevell S-U-C-K-S.

His team averaged 14 points a game last season... last BY FAR. 

He's pathetic and should be fired today.

(01-28-2022, 05:06 AM)iapetus Wrote: Just a point on experience vs lack of experience. It seems like a no-brainer until you consider the fact that if you hire a head coach with experience, then you're hiring someone whose most recent record is failure - and failure that is attributed largely to them personally - and if you hire a head coach without experience, then you're hiring someone whose most recent record is success.

(01-28-2022, 11:08 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

So you're saying, unequivocally, you know zero about football?

(01-28-2022, 11:07 AM)Upper Wrote: I finally blocked my first person, wow. And it took them less than 30 posts to prove to be the worst poster I've ever seen here.

I'm with you... if that's not Mrs. Bevell or he himself posting... there's no other explanation. He straight up sucks.

I disgaree that Bevel sucks but I do think that we need a high tier coach right now for anything positive to come in the near-future.

(01-28-2022, 10:19 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 10:09 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: If this whole situation you're describing is true, what kind of environment will this lead to?  If you're Leftwich or Wilson, do you really feel comfortable working for an organization run by a man this misguided?

As bad as it is. As bad as it's been since 2011 in Jacksonville. It's still one of thirty two jobs in the pinnacle of this sport. Somebody will want this job. May not be the guy we all want or covet. But, somebody will take it. 

Detroit, Cleveland & Cincinnati were basement dwellers for decades as well. In some years they would fool around here and there and make a play-off run, however, most of the time, they were just as dysfunctional and toxic as this place. Washington is in the same exact position. 

Money is a larger issue here. I think Simms sighted it yesterday in a video a poster dropped in a different thread. However, he pointed to the fact that a lot of unproven college guys were jumping into the NFL and getting stupidly highly contract deals to the tune of $9M per year. Meyer was one of them I believe. As was Judge and/or Rhule.

So, leverage wise? Leftwich can sit there at the table and say:

1. I have been in the NFL at the QB and coordinator level for multiple teams that have been around and pulled in the Lombardi trophy.
2. I have actual NFL experience. 
3. I have more credibility around the NFL than a lot of these other guys that came in before me. You can check my references and ask around. 

He's trying to maximize his contract as well. I don't blame him. For all of the reasons you cited above. I would want an extra $1M - $3M on my deal as well considering this place is such a circus that I am probably going to be tied down with this mess while missing out on other opportunities to work for a more prominent franchise that will more than likely become available in 2023, 2024 or 2025. 

Think about that. I get stuck in Jacksonville with Khan, when, like you said, could have stuck it out and took over in Tampa Bay, maybe McCarthy is out in Dallas and that's now an opening I could have had. Maybe LaFleur bombs in Green Bay with Love post Rodgers and that landmark of a franchise now becomes an opening. Maybe a job with the Chargers or Cardinals opens up, etc. 

It's anyone's guess. However, the negotiating table is the one and only place you're going to be able to hash out anything you want and need up front and moving forward. Takes time.

This goes both ways, though.  There are only 32 jobs, so if you take the wrong one in a situation where you can't succeed, you're probably done.  SOMEBODY will take the job, sure. His name's Darrell Bevell.

How many of the coaches Baalke hired and fired have had another shot?  Are people banging down Mike Mularkey's door?  I notice Gus Bradley and Doug Marrone aren't hot names this coaching cycle. I wonder why?

I walk if I'm Byron.

(01-28-2022, 11:12 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:12 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: How are they bad takes? Because they don't jibe with your cockeyed narrative? Aren't you the one who earlier said you'd be taking your ball and going home if you didn't get your way?

Bevell S-U-C-K-S.

His team averaged 14 points a game last season... last BY FAR. 

He's pathetic and should be fired today.

I think that last game was solid evidence of what the offense could accomplish without Meyer's fingerprints all over it.