Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 11:47 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-28-2022, 11:19 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: I don’t understand fans here using profanity in saying how dumb or what an idiot Khan is after they throw out a rambling assumption they literally made in their own heads, then react with an insane amount of ignorance in blasting the guy. Can we wait to find out what actually is happening before we skewer another human being when none of us really know? My god.

C'mon man, wha fun is that? I get enough logic and rationality in my job; I come to this board to listen to and participate in chaos and over-reaction. Get with it!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 11:48 AM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-28-2022, 11:46 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:19 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: I don’t understand fans here using profanity in saying how dumb or what an idiot Khan is after they throw out a rambling assumption they literally made in their own heads, then react with an insane amount of ignorance in blasting the guy.  Can we wait to find out what actually is happening before we skewer another human being when none of us really know? My god.

C'mon man, wha fun is that?  I get enough logic and rationality in my job; I come to this board to listen to chaos and over-reaction.  Get with it!

That's an awesome job. MY job is nothing but drama, over-reaction and straight stupidity. I'm jealous. I wish my job was as good as this board lol.

EDIT: Real Estate... need I say more? lol

(01-28-2022, 11:43 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:39 AM)johnnywynter Wrote: Man, some of the people on this board really need to grow a sac. All the racist trope and back and forth...grow the [BLEEP] up. Nobody cares what color BL is bud, it's about the fact that he hasn't done [BLEEP] to merit the job. He had TB12 calling the shots on the field and making him look good and a lot of people propping him up like he was an offensive savant. I don't dislike Byron Leftwich, I really wanted him to succeed as the Jags QB when he was here because he had a cannon of an arm and was as tough as it gets. All that said let me ask you this and take a sec and marinate for a minute or two. Do you think Byron Leftwich outcoaches Bill Belichick in an AFCCG? Because that's the goal right? You want to get to the super bowl and I can promise you Mac Jones and BB are going to be in your way every year from here on out. Do you think BL is the guy to take you there?

Tom Brady doesn't have half the intelligence of Byron.

Just facts.

Byron Einstein

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 11:49 AM by Mikey.)

(01-28-2022, 11:23 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:16 AM)HTheO-LineMatters Wrote: You're literally the only one on this board campaigning for Bevell! You have to be a troll. No one can be that gullible. You just keep posting your nonsense. No one here is taking you seriously anyway.

Calling someone a troll is just a lazy way of conceeding a debate.
I'm just standing up for what I believe is the best course for the Jags.

I think the phrase the trolls prefer is "the voice of reason"
Wink

(01-28-2022, 11:28 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: We really need a pinned [BLEEP] fight thread.

@...that's the politics thread, I thought@

(01-28-2022, 11:42 AM)Yjflgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:16 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: I think that last game was solid evidence of what the offense could accomplish without Meyer's fingerprints all over it.
If we wanted to keep someone, I'd rather make Schotty the HC and give him a chance.  It's in his blood and I liked what he did with Trev at the end of the season

Fair point. I wouldn't even be opposed to making Schotty the head coach and having Bev as the OC because I think they worked well together once they were out of the shadow of the big, bad twitch finger.
More importantly, I believe Trevor made his biggest strides as a pro once Meyer was gone.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 11:51 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(01-28-2022, 11:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:43 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Tom Brady doesn't have half the intelligence of Byron.

Just facts.

Byron Einstein

Tom Epstein. lol

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 11:55 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-28-2022, 11:19 AM)Jags32250 Wrote: I don’t understand fans here using profanity in saying how dumb or what an idiot Khan is after they throw out a rambling assumption they literally made in their own heads, then react with an insane amount of ignorance in blasting the guy.  Can we wait to find out what actually is happening before we skewer another human being when none of us really know? My god.

Agreed, if it's a tweet its gotta be true lol

(01-28-2022, 11:50 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Byron Einstein

Tom Epstein. lol

Lol

(01-28-2022, 11:46 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:08 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So you're saying, unequivocally, you know zero about football?

I'm with you... if that's not Mrs. Bevell or he himself posting... there's no other explanation. He straight up sucks.

Trolls get their jollies knowing that they ruffle folks' feathers.
Now I'm looking at you when I say "you're better than that".

(01-28-2022, 11:33 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:29 AM)Dimson Wrote: Trevor needs to go to Khan and tell him sign Byron, or I am gone.

Why would he ever do that? He might not even know the first thing about Byron.

If Byron hasn't met with Trevor then things are worse than we imagined.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-28-2022, 11:57 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:33 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Why would he ever do that? He might not even know the first thing about Byron.

Why would you think that? He's not part of the interviewing panel. In fact, isn't he on a ski slope somewhere with his wife?

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 12:06 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

If rumors are true about what has transpired and what the hold up is, I can’t fault Khan for having reservations.

Remove your personal feelings about the specific parties involved and pretend you own a business and have a high level position open. You’ve interviewed several candidates and the top one has never done the job before but is telling you to fire someone in your building he doesn’t care for as a condition of his employment. I think in most cases you’d tell that candidate to piss off. NFL is different than most businesses, but the way you’d feel about that scenario probably doesn’t change regardless of the industry.

To add, Khan has to think that the situation here is good with having a franchise QB already on the roster, extra draft picks and plenty of cap space. Why would you concede anything in negotiation to a first time head coach in such a situation?

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 12:06 PM by jagshype.)

(01-28-2022, 11:50 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:42 AM)Yjflgatorsandjags Wrote: If we wanted to keep someone, I'd rather make Schotty the HC and give him a chance.  It's in his blood and I liked what he did with Trev at the end of the season

Fair point. I wouldn't even be opposed to making Schotty the head coach and having Bev as the OC because I think they worked well together once they were out of the shadow of the big, bad twitch finger.
More importantly, I believe Trevor made his biggest strides as a pro once Meyer was gone.

This is madness
Neither have earned a Head Coaching job.

(01-28-2022, 12:02 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If rumors are true about what has transpired and what the hold up is, I can’t fault Khan for having reservations.

Remove your personal feelings about the specific parties involved and pretend you own a business and have a high level position open.  You’ve interviewed several candidates and the top one has never done the job before but is telling you to fire someone in your building he doesn’t care for as a condition of his employment.  I think in most cases you’d tell that candidate to piss off.  NFL is different than most businesses, but the way you’d feel about that scenario probably doesn’t change regardless of the industry.

To add, Khan has to think that the situation here is good with having a franchise QB already on the roster, extra draft picks and plenty of cap space.  Why would you concede anything in negotiation in such a situation?

I wouldnt take a job if I didnt feel like I could succeed with someone in the building.
I commend Leftwich for demanding something that he feels would help him succeed.
Time is on Leftwich's side.
Jags are in a bad negotiating spot created by themselves.

(01-28-2022, 11:50 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:42 AM)Yjflgatorsandjags Wrote: If we wanted to keep someone, I'd rather make Schotty the HC and give him a chance.  It's in his blood and I liked what he did with Trev at the end of the season

I don't want Bevs offense anywhere near Trevor. He's never been a good play caller.  He's the reason Seattle lost the SB.  On the 1 and 35 sec and didn't give it to beast mode when they couldn't stop him

(01-28-2022, 11:55 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:46 AM)Mikey Wrote: Trolls get their jollies knowing that they ruffle folks' feathers.
Now I'm looking at you when I say "you're better than that".

I might be, but I also get tired of scrolling through 30 posts of the same drivel from someone who just created an account to post shallow material meant to get a rise out of the majority of a fanbase.

if you have basis for your opinions beyond "look at that last game", we can entertain a discussion of points for or against a line of thought. So far we've not had that luxury.

I think what we’re seeing here, and if nothing else, it certainly applies to me, is that we’ve been so snake bitten by Shad’s horrible decision making over the last 10 years that even when someone like Jaguarmeister makes an objective and intelligent argument on why there may be some hesitation on Shad’s part to go all in on Leftwich/Wilson so quickly, we’re scared to death of the alternatives. If Baalke was out, and we were discussing the merits of Leftwich vs Pederson vs Caldwell and Wilson vs other GM candidates, I think the discussion probably would be much more rational.

(01-28-2022, 12:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:50 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Fair point. I wouldn't even be opposed to making Schotty the head coach and having Bev as the OC because I think they worked well together once they were out of the shadow of the big, bad twitch finger.
I don't want Bevs offense anywhere near Trevor. He's never been a good play caller.  He's the reason Seattle lost the SB.  On the 1 and 35 sec and didn't give it to beast mode when they couldn't stop him

Nobody knows how that scenario would have played out for Seattle. And truth be told, it was Pete Carroll who dialed up the pass. Bevell called the play.
And did I mention that he helped orchestrate the Super Bowl win over the Broncos the year before?

(01-28-2022, 11:57 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:33 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Why would he ever do that? He might not even know the first thing about Byron.

Didn't Khan (the elder) say TLaw would have a seat at the table when a new HC is interviewed because of the Urban Meyer debacle? I could swear I read that either here in an article someone shared, or one I read somewhere else.

(01-28-2022, 09:38 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 09:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Snyder will always be the worst owner but man this is so bad.

I just can’t for the life of me see how Baalke is staying on. Everyone is applauding the Leftwich/Wilson move and yet Khan wants to possibly keep Baalke? Come on now.

In the end it’s more then misguided loyalty. It’s Khans ego. He thinks he’s the smart owner and doesn’t like that others are “telling him what to do”. Which is ironic because the only way Baalke is staying on is probably because he convinced Khan that he wasn’t responsible for this mess of a roster
Khan has ran the worst team in football outside of one year for most of the past decade. I have been saying for years Khan is a horrible owner. None of this bs surprises me. He had loyalty to Caldwell like that
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-28-2022, 12:13 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 11:55 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Now I'm looking at you when I say "you're better than that".

I might be, but I also get tired of scrolling through 30 posts of the same drivel from someone who just created an account to post shallow material meant to get a rise out of the majority of a fanbase.

if you have basis for your opinions beyond "look at that last game", we can entertain a discussion of points for or against a line of thought. So far we've not had that luxury.

Very well. It's no coincidence that when Bev was thrust into similar circumstances last year in Detroit and this year here, the players sll lauded him for keeping things together. He made it fun to be a football player again!
He needs this shot ... and so do the Jags!

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 12:27 PM by SamusAranX. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-28-2022, 12:02 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If rumors are true about what has transpired and what the hold up is, I can’t fault Khan for having reservations.

Remove your personal feelings about the specific parties involved and pretend you own a business and have a high level position open.  You’ve interviewed several candidates and the top one has never done the job before but is telling you to fire someone in your building he doesn’t care for as a condition of his employment.  I think in most cases you’d tell that candidate to piss off.  NFL is different than most businesses, but the way you’d feel about that scenario probably doesn’t change regardless of the industry.

To add, Khan has to think that the situation here is good with having a franchise QB already on the roster, extra draft picks and plenty of cap space.  Why would you concede anything in negotiation to a first time head coach in such a situation?

I think it's a slightly different scenario; imagine you're a business owner, and are interviewing top candidates in the field for a job opening. However, they all express reservations for working for a current executive, as they all have worked with him or worked with mutual contacts in the past at other companies, and discovered he enables a toxic work environment. You can not attract top talent any longer, and your interview(s) are drying up. At some point you recognize that you either settle for someone not qualified or that maybe, just maybe, you have a toxic guy on your staff.

(01-28-2022, 12:24 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 12:13 PM)Mikey Wrote: I might be, but I also get tired of scrolling through 30 posts of the same drivel from someone who just created an account to post shallow material meant to get a rise out of the majority of a fanbase.

Very well. It's no coincidence that when Bev was thrust into similar circumstances last year in Detroit and this year here, the players sll lauded him for keeping things together. He made it fun to be a football player again!
He needs this shot ... and so do the Jags!

Ok Baalke. Go back to sabotaging the negotiations. Posting here won't help you.

(01-28-2022, 12:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 09:38 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: In the end it’s more then misguided loyalty. It’s Khans ego. He thinks he’s the smart owner and doesn’t like that others are “telling him what to do”. Which is ironic because the only way Baalke is staying on is probably because he convinced Khan that he wasn’t responsible for this mess of a roster
Khan has ran the worst team in football outside of one year for most of the past decade. I have been saying for years Khan is a horrible owner. None of this bs surprises me. He had loyalty to Caldwell like that

Bro, I would take Caldwell at this point. At least he had some draft gems and stability in the franchise front office.