Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

Unfortunately, Baalke appears to be entrenched. While I earlier predicted Byron would be the pick before the reports came out, now I’m having my doubts. For a first time head coached to demand that the existing GM is fired is a difficult ask. I’m a bit surprised that he would not take the job without a GM replacement. For all we know, this might’ve been true of a lot of the candidates. Nonetheless, it’s hard to imagine a path forward now that all sides are dug in.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-28-2022, 03:09 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Why did we never intervene McDaniels or Bienuemy?

In the recent Raiders news, people have been saying McDaniels has been extremely choosy with his interviews and turned almost every one down. I would suspect we were one of those turned down.

(01-28-2022, 02:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Go to about 10 mins into this video. Talks about Baalke making this search difficult. Jags may need to restart the process..

https://youtu.be/T9fWbMy7IIY

Dude... what the hell is Khan doing? Why is he being so damn stubborn about Baalke? Baalke has pictures of Khan doing something.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(01-28-2022, 03:15 PM)Newton Wrote: Unfortunately, Baalke appears to be entrenched. While I earlier predicted Byron would be the pick before the reports came out, now I’m having my doubts. For a first time head coached to demand that the existing GM is fired is a difficult ask. I’m a bit surprised that he would not take the job without a GM replacement. For all we know, this might’ve been true of a lot of the candidates. Nonetheless, it’s hard to imagine a path forward now that all sides are dug in.

Agreed, if Brady retires this might be his best opportunity to get a coaching job.

I’m just about at the point of “Go ahead and keep Baalke, hire whoever is desperate enough to take the job, and I’ll see you again in four years after both of them are fired with a 21-47 record.”

I’ve boycotted the Jags for the last four years.  I can boycott them for four more.

And yes, I’m being very generous with that projected record.

Can we delete this thread? it makes me mad every time I see it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-28-2022, 03:12 PM)D6 Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 02:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Go to about 10 mins into this video. Talks about Baalke making this search difficult. Jags may need to restart the process..

https://youtu.be/T9fWbMy7IIY

Starting the process over if it means Trent Baalke is no longer in the Jaguars organization would almost certainly be a better Jaguars outcome than the ongoing reported path. 

IMHO,  a good way for the Jaguars to proceed is reach out to Jim Caldwell to be a special advisor to Shad and Tony Khan.   Caldwell is the antithesis of Baalke from a team oriented standpoint.  Then Caldwell would lead the search for a new GM and HC.  I definitely believe this would substantially increase the chances of Trevor Lawrence reaching his QB potential with the Jaguars.

I didn't read it that way.  I read it like Khan is sticking with Baalke and they are starting from scratch.  Again with all the bs rumors who knows if this is true.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-28-2022, 03:29 PM)Dimson Wrote: Can we delete this thread? it makes me mad every time I see it.

I'm getting a bit bored with this hush-hush and waiting game. Something has to happen. It's Friday already. And it's been almost 2 weeks now.

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 03:34 PM by jaguarmvp.)

(01-28-2022, 03:14 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 03:03 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Sounds like Khan had such a hard on for Baalke that we may settle for whoever will work for him. 

Again there has been so much fake news it's hard to know what to believe.

I believe you said you were from the Cincinatti area.

Wrong dude

(01-28-2022, 03:17 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 03:09 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Why did we never intervene McDaniels or Bienuemy?

In the recent Raiders news, people have been saying McDaniels has been extremely choosy with his interviews and turned almost every one down. I would suspect we were one of those turned down.

If true, can you blame him?  Outside looking in, the Jaguars are just a mess of dysfunction.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Posting here too

As of now my source says only three people are debating and going to decide: Khan, Tony, and baalke. And they aren’t talking outside their one on one discussions which is why it’s quiet on the front right now

Still better odds they feel of Wilson and Leftwich.

Also, bears did us a HUGE favor. Eberflus was gonna be the guy for us because he would have taken the job even with baalke. Whew

(01-27-2022, 03:45 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 02:46 PM)D6 Wrote: Even as someone who has a more favorable opinion of Darrell Bevell as an OC and Interim HC than the vast majority of people reading this,  I think it's best for the Jaguars and Bevell to go their separate ways. 

I believe giving Bevell the opportunity to interview for the Jags HC opening was the right thing to so.  Joe Cullen, who would have been a better fit than Bevell to be the next Jags HC based on what transpired this past season), should have been given a HC interview ( if he didn't get one ).

Nah, Cullen wasn't interviewed.  As long as he's been coaching, this was his first year as a coordinator, so it might be an experience at the higher levels of coaching thing.

That probably is the primary reason,  maybe even the only reason,  Joe Cullen wasn't interviewed for the Jaguars HC position.  

Yet, even if it's unlikely Cullen is ready to be an NFL HC,  having the experience of an interview would probably have helped him 1 to 3 years from now.  

For the Jaguars organization,  an interview would have been beneficial for it least two reasons:

1.  Demonstrating to coaches from elsewhere that if you have success with the Jaguars,  it will be recognized with action, not just words.  A form of positive public relations. 

2.  Joe Cullen would have provided the Jaguars his insights from his perspective as the team's DC in the 2021 season. 

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 03:47 PM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-28-2022, 03:31 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 03:12 PM)D6 Wrote: Starting the process over if it means Trent Baalke is no longer in the Jaguars organization would almost certainly be a better Jaguars outcome than the ongoing reported path. 

IMHO,  a good way for the Jaguars to proceed is reach out to Jim Caldwell to be a special advisor to Shad and Tony Khan.   Caldwell is the antithesis of Baalke from a team oriented standpoint.  Then Caldwell would lead the search for a new GM and HC.  I definitely believe this would substantially increase the chances of Trevor Lawrence reaching his QB potential with the Jaguars.

I didn't read it that way.  I read it like Khan is sticking with Baalke and they are starting from scratch.  Again with all the bs rumors who knows if this is true.

If the reality is indeed how you read it, which I'm not discounting,  that would very likely result in a bad Jaguars outcome.

It's hard to envision any favorable Jags scenario with Trent Baalke being retained as GM or even remaining in the organization in another role.

I don’t see how a discussion between Shad, Tony, and Baalke is going to resolve anything. The guy that wants what”s best for the team, the guy that wants what’s best for himself, and the guy who loves the guy that want’s what’s best for himself.

(01-28-2022, 03:35 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Posting here too

As of now my source says only three people are debating and going to decide: Khan, Tony, and baalke. And they aren’t talking outside their one on one discussions which is why it’s quiet on the front right now

Also, bears did us a HUGE favor. Eberflus was gonna be the guy for us because he would have taken the job even with baalke. Whew

Seems awkward and hard to imagine particularly productive...  "So Trent, what do you think?  Fire Baalke to go after Byron and Adrian, or something else maybe?"

(01-28-2022, 04:02 PM)scottyg Wrote:

Seems awkward and hard to imagine particularly productive...  "So Trent, what do you think?  Fire Baalke to go after Byron and Adrian, or something else maybe?"

Well it’s not a trio discussion. It’s more of Khan talking to Tony and then he [Khan] is talking to baalke. Because apparently now Khan doesn’t know whether to listen to Tony or Baalke

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 04:06 PM by Jags.)

(01-28-2022, 03:54 PM)tomfin2022 Wrote: I don’t see how a discussion between Shad, Tony, and Baalke is going to resolve anything.  The guy that wants what”s best for the team, the guy that wants what’s best for himself, and the guy who loves the guy that want’s what’s best for himself.

I agree that doesn’t sound good.  But if the report is true that Trent will step down if need be is true, then hopefully (fingers crossed/shove a four leaf clover up my butt) they are discussing his stepping down, compensation (departing gift) and a way in which it can be presented where all parties save face.  That’s wishful thinking.  But I’ll grasp onto whatever hope is left until we find out what’s happening.

So they found your peephole?

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 04:09 PM by scottyg. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-28-2022, 04:03 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 04:02 PM)scottyg Wrote: Seems awkward and hard to imagine particularly productive...  "So Trent, what do you think?  Fire Baalke to go after Byron and Adrian, or something else maybe?"

Well it’s not a trio discussion. It’s more of Khan talking to Tony and then he [Khan] is talking to baalke. Because apparently now Khan doesn’t know whether to listen to Tony or Baalke

Hopefully he chooses his own son over the snake-oil salesman. Family reunions could be uncomfortable going forward otherwise Smile

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 04:09 PM by tomfin2022. Edited 1 time in total.)

Here’s the only compromise I see working.  Baalke resigns with a generous severance package, Leftwich is hired as the HC, and then Tony, Shad, and Leftwich interview GM candidates, one of which is Adrian Wilson.  Baalke gets to ride into the sunset as the selfless hero that did the right thing for the organization even though he was clearly wronged, the coach that all three of them had previously agreed on is hired, and Shad saves face in terms of bring told who his GM is going to be.  Leftwich’s compromise is that his GM may not be Wilson, but it definitely won’t be Baalke.

(01-28-2022, 04:07 PM)tomfin2022 Wrote: Here’s the only compromise I see working.  Baalke resigns with a generous severance package, Leftwich is hired as the HC, and thenTony, Shad, and Leftwich interview GM candidates, one of which is Adrian Wilson.  Baalke gets to ride into the sunset as the selfless hero that did the right thing for the organization even though he was clearly wronged, the coach that all three of them had previously agreed on is hired, and Shad saves face in terms of bring told who his GM is going to be.  Leftwich’s compromise I’d that it may not be Wilson, but it definitely won’t be Baalke.

This is what I’m so desperately hoping

(01-28-2022, 04:07 PM)tomfin2022 Wrote: Here’s the only compromise I see working.  Baalke resigns with a generous severance package, Leftwich is hired as the HC, and then Tony, Shad, and Leftwich interview GM candidates, one of which is Adrian Wilson.  Baalke gets to ride into the sunset as the selfless hero that did the right thing for the organization even though he was clearly wronged, the coach that all three of them had previously agreed on is hired, and Shad saves face in terms of bring told who his GM is going to be.  Leftwich’s compromise is that his GM may not be Wilson, but it definitely won’t be Baalke.
I think we all would take that at this point.