Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(02-28-2022, 11:49 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 11:34 AM)Mikey Wrote: probably more suited to the trivial annoyance thread, but nearly everything is priced out of reach of everyday fans to enjoy stuff.

I don't mind paying more for a show that puts on a hell of a stage production or has a large cast of performers splitting the proceeds (think something like TSO/broadway show), but unless this is a tiny venue, that's highway robbery.

People will still pay it, though, otherwise they wouldn't set the prices that high.

any updates?

I revel in anyone sticking it to WF. They can get bent.

It'll be tomorrow.  Thought my manager was back from PTO today, but I checked the team calendar and it's tomorrow.  I've already emailed him requesting some time on his calendar.  Although I'm leaving it up to him to schedule so it may not be tomorrow.  I'm sure this week anyway.

Can you refuse the move and force them to pay you severance?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2022, 02:58 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-28-2022, 02:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 11:49 AM)RicoTx Wrote: It'll be tomorrow.  Thought my manager was back from PTO today, but I checked the team calendar and it's tomorrow.  I've already emailed him requesting some time on his calendar.  Although I'm leaving it up to him to schedule so it may not be tomorrow.  I'm sure this week anyway.

Can you refuse the move and force them to pay you severance?

We'll see.  Need to talk to the manager.  Quite honestly, the manager is a good guy.  It's not his decision.  He's actually 'on my side'.  This is an edict from the company heads.

Not sure if I mentioned this before.  The alphabet boys (CAO, CEO, COO, etc.) think that having face-to-face with your co-workers is 'valuable' to your development as an employee.  I won't even disagree with that assessment.  However, if I go into that office there is literally nobody that I have to interact with.  Zero.  My co-workers are in Iowa, Arizona, Minnesota, and North Carolina.  So it makes no difference if I am in that office.  Hell, I'm not even trying to push to work remotely.  I just want to go into the office that I was originally assigned.  It's just stupid.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-28-2022, 02:50 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 02:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Can you refuse the move and force them to pay you severance?

We'll see.  Need to talk to the manager.  Quite honestly, the manager is a good guy.  It's not his decision.  He's actually 'on my side'.  This is an edict from the company heads.

Not sure if I mentioned this before.  The alphabet boys (CAO, CEO, COO, etc.) think that having face-to-face with your co-workers is 'valuable' to your development as an employee.  I won't even disagree with that assessment.  However, if I go into that office there is literally nobody that I have to interact with.  Zero.  My co-workers are in Iowa, Arizona, Minnesota, and North Carolina.  So it makes no difference if I am in that office.  Hell, I'm not even trying to push to work remotely.  I just want to go into the office that I was originally assigned.  It's just stupid.

Well that sucks, especially after you moved out there to hell for them.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-28-2022, 04:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 02:50 PM)RicoTx Wrote: We'll see.  Need to talk to the manager.  Quite honestly, the manager is a good guy.  It's not his decision.  He's actually 'on my side'.  This is an edict from the company heads.

Well that sucks, especially after you moved out there to hell for them.

Why...yes...yes it does.

(02-28-2022, 07:18 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 04:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well that sucks, especially after you moved out there to hell for them.

Why...yes...yes it does.

Damn, dude. 
That blows. Hope you're able to work your way around that commute. 

Though "retirement" has a nice ring to it. Didn't you buy some new golf clubs last year?

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2022, 12:02 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-02-2022, 11:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-28-2022, 07:18 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Why...yes...yes it does.

Damn, dude. 

Though "retirement" has a nice ring to it. Didn't you buy some new golf clubs last year?

I'm borderline trying to push to get back into the original office, or just blowing it off altogether and see how things pan out.  At worst, I'd think I could handle it financially (out here) if I just pick up a part-time gig at Lowe's or something.  I've also been applying for remote-only opportunities.  I definitely don't need the salary I'm making at WF.  I'm trying to get back to FL, but we still have some in-progress renovations going on so there's no way we can put the house on the market.  I could flat-out retire if I get back to FL.  The property taxes out here are just horrendous.  I could save myself almost $500 a month on property taxes alone if I get back there.

And don't get me wrong, I actually like it out here.  And Mrs. Rico has gotten to where she's less set on getting back to FL than I am.  So we'll just have to see what happens when I meet with my manager.  He was supposed to be back Monday but he changed his time off.  I can see on Skype that he's in the office today.  It's just a matter of when he can make some time for me after being out for six work days.

Another year

A new age ( pun intended ? )

Another turbulent year/season as a jags fan

Medical Marijuana, baby!!!!

The Layer Cake is a must try.. High as a kite.. No pain..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2022, 01:16 PM by RicoTx.)

(03-04-2022, 12:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Medical Marijuana, baby!!!!

The Layer Cake is a must try.. High as a kite.. No pain..

Try the Gorilla Glue.   Banana

(03-02-2022, 12:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 11:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Damn, dude. 

I'm borderline trying to push to get back into the original office, or just blowing it off altogether and see how things pan out.  At worst, I'd think I could handle it financially (out here) if I just pick up a part-time gig at Lowe's or something.  I've also been applying for remote-only opportunities.  I definitely don't need the salary I'm making at WF.  I'm trying to get back to FL, but we still have some in-progress renovations going on so there's no way we can put the house on the market.  I could flat-out retire if I get back to FL.  The property taxes out here are just horrendous.  I could save myself almost $500 a month on property taxes alone if I get back there.

And don't get me wrong, I actually like it out here.  And Mrs. Rico has gotten to where she's less set on getting back to FL than I am.  So we'll just have to see what happens when I meet with my manager.  He was supposed to be back Monday but he changed his time off.  I can see on Skype that he's in the office today.  It's just a matter of when he can make some time for me after being out for six work days.

I’m sure it’ll all work out for the both of you.  But that sucks big time to make that move/decision to be put right back into it.  I’m sure you’ll do the right thing.  Corporate America sucks.

It was 78 six hours ago, it's 42 now.

What the hell?

(03-06-2022, 11:31 PM)RicoTx Wrote: It was 78 six hours ago, it's 42 now.

What the hell?

I recommend investing in Kleenex.

I had a bowl of fabada while in Spain. I must learn make this wonderful dish.

(03-07-2022, 12:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I had a bowl of fabada while in Spain. I must learn make this wonderful dish.

I had oatmeal this morning.

Gonna scuba dive down to maccas and grab myself a soft serve , anyone want anything?[Image: 5211.jpg?width=1020&quality=85&auto=form...6458e403d7]

I’ve got amazing luck at Home Depot. I ordered a shelving unit for my shed for curbside pickup. I pick it up and not pay attention. They actually gave the massive heavy duty one. It’s nice. I already have one in my garage. But it doesn’t match the one already in my shed. What to do? This shelf is 70 more than the one I purchased. To make matters worse, I initially ordered the wrong one in the first place. So I ordered a $100 shelf, get a $170 dollar and actually needed the $85 one. I could’ve just returned the one I got without a receipt, got store credit and spent about 90 bucks on whatever I wanted. But I was nice. I call and explain they gave me the wrong one. Go back, of course the one I needed was way up high they needed the forklift. Now I have my initial money refunded. Go to the same guy that did the return and he took $25 off the shelf I needed because of the mix up. Sweet! Wasn’t expecting that kind of customer service at a big box store. And all that was after they unloaded it from my truck for me.

(03-07-2022, 03:38 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve got amazing luck at Home Depot.  I ordered a shelving unit for my shed for curbside pickup.  I pick it up and not pay attention.  They actually gave the massive heavy duty one.  It’s nice.  I already have one in my garage.  But it doesn’t match the one already in my shed.  What to do?  This shelf is 70 more than the one I purchased.  To make matters worse, I initially ordered the wrong one in the first place.  So I ordered a $100 shelf, get a $170 dollar and actually needed the $85 one.  I could’ve just returned the one I got  without a receipt, got store credit and spent about 90 bucks on whatever I wanted.  But I was nice.  I call and explain they gave me the wrong one.  Go back, of course the one I needed was way up high they needed the forklift.  Now I have my initial money refunded.  Go to the same guy that did the return and he took $25 off the shelf I needed because of the mix up.  Sweet! Wasn’t expecting that kind of customer service at a big box store. And all that was after they unloaded it from my truck for me.

That's awesome, until you realized you blew $90 in gas to fix the problem.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 09:24 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-07-2022, 08:19 PM)captivating Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 03:38 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve got amazing luck at Home Depot.  I ordered a shelving unit for my shed for curbside pickup.  I pick it up and not pay attention.  They actually gave the massive heavy duty one.  It’s nice.  I already have one in my garage.  But it doesn’t match the one already in my shed.  What to do?  This shelf is 70 more than the one I purchased.  To make matters worse, I initially ordered the wrong one in the first place.  So I ordered a $100 shelf, get a $170 dollar and actually needed the $85 one.  I could’ve just returned the one I got  without a receipt, got store credit and spent about 90 bucks on whatever I wanted.  But I was nice.  I call and explain they gave me the wrong one.  Go back, of course the one I needed was way up high they needed the forklift.  Now I have my initial money refunded.  Go to the same guy that did the return and he took $25 off the shelf I needed because of the mix up.  Sweet! Wasn’t expecting that kind of customer service at a big box store. And all that was after they unloaded it from my truck for me.

That's awesome, until you realized you blew $90 in gas to fix the problem.
Not gonna lie, the 4.19 gas prices I passed on the way did make me wonder how much I spent making 2 trips.  Damn gas prices are a bummer.

Rainy day + no work = nap time

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2022, 02:42 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-07-2022, 12:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I had a bowl of fabada while in Spain. I must learn make this wonderful dish.

It's hard to find fava beans anymore.  My Publix doesn't carry them.  They're tasty when you can find them though.  I would mix them up with diced tomato, parsley, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, serve cold.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.