Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myles Jack to be released?

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 10:36 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

1010 XL is reporting a tweet from Ian Raporport Adam Schefter that the Jaguars are releasing LB Myles Jack.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looks like it. I guess they didn't think they could find a trade partner?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Say WHHHAAAAAAA? Interesting. He has no guaranteed money this year and would save 10 mil on the cap if they designate him a post June 1 cut. Take those savings, call the Cowboys and offer Laviska for Collins straight up..... then rescind Cam's tag. 2022 line of Little/Bartch/Linder/Scherff/Collins.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Hope not. Jags need to keep athletes on deffense and they add some

Dude is clearly not a 3-4 LB so... bye!
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(03-15-2022, 10:17 AM)NCJag Wrote: Say WHHHAAAAAAA? Interesting. He has no guaranteed money this year and would save 10 mil on the cap if they designate him a post June 1 cut.  Take those savings, call the Cowboys and offer Laviska for Collins straight up..... then rescind Cam's tag. 2022 line of Little/Bartch/Linder/Scherff/Collins.

I like this idea, but I think we could get the Cowboys to throw in an extra draft pick. They are desperate to save $10 million/yr.

(03-15-2022, 10:17 AM)NCJag Wrote: Say WHHHAAAAAAA? Interesting. He has no guaranteed money this year and would save 10 mil on the cap if they designate him a post June 1 cut.  Take those savings, call the Cowboys and offer Laviska for Collins straight up..... then rescind Cam's tag. 2022 line of Little/Bartch/Linder/Scherff/Collins.

I don't think there's quite $10M in cap savings with the dead cap money from the signing bonus.

1010XL speculates that the team approached him about restructuring his deal and he declined. With the free agent market at LB being wide open right now, they thik the team decided they couldn't secure any real value in trade so they did him a favor and released him now.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I called it...

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 10:31 AM by Bullseye.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...yles-jack/

I wonder if it opens up the draft for Devin Lloyd or Nakobe Dean.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

His play seldom matched his hype.

If we're sticking with a 3-4, Oluokun/Quarterman ILB combo makes more sense. Jack is a 4-3 OLB.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 10:48 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-15-2022, 10:15 AM)FBT Wrote: Looks like it.  I guess they didn't think they could find a trade partner?

Did they even try? I find it hard to believe we couldn't even get a late round pick for him. He's still a very good player. He's just in the wrong scheme here. He could really help a 4-3 team.

Whom else other than me Didn't see this coming.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I wonder if this means another high profile free agent signing.

(03-15-2022, 10:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I wonder if this means another high profile free agent signing.

Hopefully, Bobby Wagner.

Oh....he still wasn't down.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

He misses too many key tackles and doesn't make any splash plays. Hasn't made a big time play since 2017.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2022, 11:14 AM by Mikey.)

(03-15-2022, 10:13 AM)Bullseye Wrote: 1010 XL is reporting a tweet from Ian Raporport Adam Schefter that the Jaguars are releasing LB Myles Jack.

gonna set up a tollbooth at the entrance to the Modis.

(03-15-2022, 10:48 AM)NH3 Wrote: Whom else other than me Didn't see this coming.

NH3...

I didn't think he'd be on the week 1 roster. That said, I figured we would either deal him at this time or during the darft, likely for modest compensation.

I guess this is better for him, allows him to pick and choose where he lands, and signing bonus and this year's salary will proably end up more than we were gonna pay him for this season.

(03-15-2022, 10:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 10:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I wonder if this means another high profile free agent signing.

Hopefully, Bobby Wagner.

this.

I think it's healthy to have a veteran leader among the youth that makes up the bulk of our roster. Jack was not one to demonstrate any kind of leadership presence during his time here, so it may be a win-win by moving on in favor of a different elder statesman.