Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer Expose via the Athletic

https://theathletic.com/3190484/2022/03/...h-jaguars/

Not sure if everyone has read this yet. Chark has gone on record with the Athletic and revealed a load of pretty insane meyer stories, how he wasn't sacked within the first few months is crazy. 

Not really a surprise that Chark wanted out, sounds like a pretty horrendous experience all round.

I would expect a large improvement from a few players just due to the sheer change in mentality from a piece of work like Meyer to a coach that is all about his relationship with the players.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 08:59 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

I don't subscribe to the Athletic but I saw snippets of the article this morning. I really want to read it though. Urban didn't know who Aaron Donald was hahahaha

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...u96ARs-8Nw

Literally the worst coach in NFL history.

Yep. This team just needed some more gus Bradley and marrone. I have very little sympathy for players who make millions and csnt take some "hard" coaching. This is one of the reasons the jags are back to back winners of the first pick of the draft award. We suck for what seems like 9 out of the last 10 years. Sometimes players need some hard facts and accountability. I'm all for a players coach if the team Wins. I'm not greedy. I just want to see a playoff run every year or so.

(03-21-2022, 09:39 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Yep. This team just needed some more gus Bradley and marrone. I have very little sympathy for players who make millions and csnt take some "hard" coaching. This is one of the reasons the jags are back to back winners of the first pick of the draft award. We suck for what seems like 9 out of the last 10 years. Sometimes players need some hard facts and accountability.  I'm all for a players coach if the team Wins. I'm not greedy. I just want to see a playoff run every year or so.

That moronic piece of garbage didn't know who Aaron Donald was.

I bet this is exactly what that moron said

"I didn't try to recruit him so he was never that good"

Why do people post links behind a pay wall?

(03-21-2022, 09:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Why do people post links behind a pay wall?

To show the existence of the article and discuss it with people who have read it or parts of it?

Are you suggesting I should've copied and pasted the article? I would imagine the forum owners would not appreciate that!

(03-21-2022, 08:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I don't subscribe to the Athletic but I saw snippets of the article this morning. I really want to read it though. Urban didn't know who Aaron Donald was hahahaha

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...u96ARs-8Nw

Literally the worst coach in NFL history.

This is probably the funniest quote, most of it is just quite depressing stories of Meyer abusing staff members, making players cry, threatening to sack players/coaches every day etc.

(03-21-2022, 09:57 AM)wassy04 Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 09:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Why do people post links behind a pay wall?

To show the existence of the article and discuss it with people who have read it or parts of it?

Are you suggesting I should've copied and pasted the article? I would imagine the forum owners would not appreciate that!

I’m suggesting nothing. Wouldn’t it be more important and substantive to discuss the contents of the article rather than its mere existence?

(03-21-2022, 10:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 09:57 AM)wassy04 Wrote: To show the existence of the article and discuss it with people who have read it or parts of it?

I’m suggesting nothing. Wouldn’t it be more important and substantive to discuss the contents of the article rather than its mere existence?

I was assuming that either people could read it or that it's contents had likely been widely distributed across twitter.

It's basically a series of anecdotes, told by DJ Chark and other unnamed sources, of Urban making people cry, repeatedly threatening to sack them repeatedly every day, doing live contact drills early on (that caused Chark to break a finger) etc

Shad Khan, April 30th 2021: "This time I got it RIGHT."

Man, this quote did NOT age well.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...tner=Yahoo

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I second this motion voicing disgust with such an abominable practice.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-21-2022, 09:39 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Yep. This team just needed some more gus Bradley and marrone. I have very little sympathy for players who make millions and csnt take some "hard" coaching. This is one of the reasons the jags are back to back winners of the first pick of the draft award. We suck for what seems like 9 out of the last 10 years. Sometimes players need some hard facts and accountability.  I'm all for a players coach if the team Wins. I'm not greedy. I just want to see a playoff run every year or so.
Don’t do this dude. You don’t have to cape for the worst NFL coach in history anymore.

Theres a balance thats required in todays NFL
Somewhere in between Gus and TC
Up to Shad to figure that out.

I think Pederson presents that balance. He is demanding of the players but as a former player knows when and where to soften.
We shall see.

(03-21-2022, 10:55 AM)jagshype Wrote:

Theres a balance thats required in todays NFL
Somewhere in between Gus and TC
Up to Shad to figure that out.

I think Pederson presents that balance. He is demanding of the players but as a former player knows when and where to soften.
We shall see.
Agreed.

You can’t go around telling players that if you cut them, they won’t make 15 dollars an hour.
Meyer is the biggest fake tough guy on the planet.

I do that sometimes, but I try to quote some of the article or summarize it a bit.  

Some publications that have paywalls allow a certain number of free articles every month.

Worse than not knowing who #99 was for the Rams, I think Meyer's incompetence was revealed when he spent 4 months preparing for Game 1 vs the Texans by studying game film of Deshaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins, and JJ Watt.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 11:37 AM by Caldrac.)

Meyer is an even bigger piece of [BLEEP] than I realized based on some of the few excerpts I have read in here alone. How the [BLEEP] do you not know who some of the best players are in the NFL? What a dunce.

You can easily watch the yearly NFLNetwork's top 100 players on YouTube. [BLEEP], you could probably ask your children, grandchildren, another player or coach to take a quick look at their current Madden game and look at the roster on there to get a feel.

"Oh, [BLEEP], so, like, any player rated above 80 are pretty good and then like, any player over 90 is pretty much considered elite, right?"
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-21-2022, 11:36 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Meyer is an even bigger piece of [BLEEP] than I realized based on some of the few excerpts I have read in here alone. How the [BLEEP] do you not know who some of the best players are in the NFL? What a dunce.

You can easily watch the yearly NFLNetwork's top 100 players on YouTube. [BLEEP], you could probably ask your children, grandchildren, another player or coach to take a quick look at their current Madden game and look at the roster on there to get a feel.

"Oh, [BLEEP], so, like, any player rated above 80 are pretty good and then like, any player over 90 is pretty much considered elite, right?"
I forget who said it but someone said "If this is the way he speaks to grown men, I can't imagine what he's saying to 18 year old kids"

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 11:39 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Shad was Khanned. Now he knows how Jags fans feel.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption