Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pederson Presser 3/28/22

Just thought I'd post this as he's getting a few good questions and giving some good answers. 

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/15084...KbyQC2PP_Q

One good chestnut -

when asked about the o-line and Linder retiring , he responded with:

We're not done. The draft is coming up. You can never have enough depth at these positions.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Also speaking about Trevor and specifically building the offense around what he can do well.

"He's athletic, he fits the RPO scheme. He throws the ball very well. He throws the ball outside the pocket very well , on the move. Lots of options in play action passing, etc, etc "

I like the apparent emphasis on play action and getting Trevor rolling out of the pocket by design.

He also had a good answer about using a base 3-4. But he said since teams run so much 11 personnel, we be in a 4-2 quite a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Mentioning Etienne will be able to do work early in the offseason on the field in drills and Robinson will be involved later during training camp. Calls them a great 1-2 punch.

Poor guy will be answering questions about Wentz forever.

"By no means do I want to play GM, but... Trent listens to the coaching staff... at the end of the day we want to have the players we need."

Sounds like a pretty collaborative effort going on with personnel acquisitions and ostensibly draft picks.

(03-28-2022, 10:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Mentioning Etienne will be able to do work early in the offseason on the field in drills and Robinson will be involved later during training camp.  Calls them a great 1-2 punch.

Did reporters ask, "based on what? his college success before his linsfranc? why do you think he will be, as you said, great, when it's based on literally nothing?"

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 10:59 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-28-2022, 10:55 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(03-28-2022, 10:50 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Mentioning Etienne will be able to do work early in the offseason on the field in drills and Robinson will be involved later during training camp.  Calls them a great 1-2 punch.

Did reporters ask, "based on what? his college success before his linsfranc? why do you think he will be, as you said, great, when it's based on literally nothing?"

You're assuming his answer is "based on literally nothing."  I'm sure he's spoken to Etienne's doctors, monitored his rehab, and has a ton of information.  Just because you don't know doesn't mean he doesn't know.

(03-28-2022, 10:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-28-2022, 10:55 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Did reporters ask, "based on what? his college success before his linsfranc? why do you think he will be, as you said, great, when it's based on literally nothing?"

You're assuming his answer is "based on literally nothing."  I'm sure he's spoken to Etienne's doctors, monitored his rehab, and has a ton of information.  Just because you don't know doesn't mean he doesn't know.

Hey if those doctors can tell him, Yep, you'll be just as fast and as agile (which I didn't think he was all too great at those things to begin with) as before your injury. Just like that! Congrats.

It's all [BLEEP] until he gets hit by an NFL player... which he STILL hasn't experienced.

(03-28-2022, 10:55 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

No - no one asked any of that. It's in the final 5 min of the video if you want to hear it for yourself. 

The post was intended to inform that the team clearly expects offseason participation from players returning from serious injury.

Most of us are well aware of the ways in which a lisfranc injury sometimes impacts a player's ability after rehab is complete. 
And I think all of us are keenly aware that there is no NFL tape of Etienne pre-injury or post-injury. Doug actually mentioned that.

(03-28-2022, 11:05 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(03-28-2022, 10:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You're assuming his answer is "based on literally nothing."  I'm sure he's spoken to Etienne's doctors, monitored his rehab, and has a ton of information.  Just because you don't know doesn't mean he doesn't know.

Hey if those doctors can tell him, Yep, you'll be just as fast and as agile (which I didn't think he was all too great at those things to begin with) as before your injury. Just like that! Congrats.

It's all [BLEEP] until he gets hit by an NFL player... which he STILL hasn't experienced.
Do you even know what you're truly mad about these days?

You seem to just angrily post at everything.

(03-28-2022, 11:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-28-2022, 11:05 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Hey if those doctors can tell him, Yep, you'll be just as fast and as agile (which I didn't think he was all too great at those things to begin with) as before your injury. Just like that! Congrats.

Do you even know what you're truly mad about these days?

You seem to just angrily post at everything.

I've noticed that myself.

What a breath of fresh air after hearing Meyer bungle his way through every press conference looking like he'd rather be anywhere else.

Here's a little blurb from former jags beat writer Mike Kaye on Pederson's answers regarding his coaching staff today:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-a...ing-staff/

(03-28-2022, 10:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Just thought I'd post this as he's getting a few good questions and giving some good answers. 

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/15084...KbyQC2PP_Q

One good chestnut -

when asked about the o-line and Linder retiring , he responded with:

We're not done. The draft is coming up. You can never have enough depth at these positions.

/preemptively pops the popcorn

God I love Pederson. That was a great interview, he speaks so well and is clearly very knowledgeable

4 more weeks until the draft. It's taking forever already.

(03-29-2022, 04:04 AM)Ordar Wrote: God I love Pederson. That was a great interview, he speaks so well and is clearly very knowledgeable

....it's a shame he didn't wear a tie, though.

Big Grin

(03-29-2022, 08:48 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-29-2022, 04:04 AM)Ordar Wrote: God I love Pederson. That was a great interview, he speaks so well and is clearly very knowledgeable

....it's a shame he didn't wear a tie, though.

Big Grin

He didn't look like he shaved either...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He's an articulation upgrade from the past three coaches, whose press conferences were lackluster. Urban lowered the bar, so anyone who comes after him looks like a god. Pederson is simply a bonafide NFL head coach.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt