Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Snoop Connor

Not sure if there is a thread on him , if there is please feel free to merge it mods Smile

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/05...ing-style/

He better celebrate like this after every touchdown

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEOgxN6VfWk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

And here people are complaining we didn't upgrade the offense. ;-)

Seriously, I hope the guy can come in and make a mark but he looks like the definition of "project".
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2022, 01:10 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

He could end up the starter depending on injury recovery.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-10-2022, 07:14 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: And here people are complaining we didn't upgrade the offense. ;-)

Seriously, I hope the guy can come in and make a mark but he looks like the definition of "project".

RB has the smallest learning curve of any position, so I doubt he'd be a "project."  Either he can play or he can't.

(05-11-2022, 12:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 07:14 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: And here people are complaining we didn't upgrade the offense. ;-)

RB has the smallest learning curve of any position, so I doubt he'd be a "project."  Either he can play or he can't.

It's not that simple. Biggest learning curve is learning protection schemes. That's a bigger deal than in college. NFL running backs are drafted as projects all the time. Sometimes it works out that a player adapts quickly (James Robinson). If I had to guess, I'd say Snoop is one of the other category.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

He was drafted to be a role player, not the bell cow back. We just need him to be good enough to be a third option and take carries so the top two guys can return to full health.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I'm just glad he's not injured.
...He's not injured yet, right?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2022, 09:12 AM by Mikey.)

My biggest gripe with the choice is that everything I've read is that he's kind of a one-trick pony, seems to fit the mold of a JRob type - straight-line runner, not blazing speed, but big and packs a punch. There were a lot more dynamic backs available at that pick, and I think we could have gotten a more well-rounded runner. If he's geared to a zone scheme and the others were not, it may prove to be a wiser choice. 

If he's the thunder to ETN's lightning while JRob recuperates, can't complain at all.

(05-11-2022, 07:15 AM)mikesez Wrote: I'm just glad he's not injured.

make like your avatar and bite your tongue, man.
Wink

Considering how bad we were on short yardage situations, especially 4th & 1 or Goal to Go from the 1 yard line. Getting a power back who has a calling card of converting those situations makes a lot of sense. I'm not expecting the next Fred Taylor but if he can keep the offense on the field or make the difference between 3 & 7 (or nothing & 7) when we gamble I think it works to our benefit.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I wasn't familiar with Snoop Connor pre-draft, but I did support taking a power back.  That's not ETN and we could use a good compliment, particularly if JRob isn't ready.  When we are near the goal line, we need a running back that can push it into the end zone.  While it may not make the highlight reel, converting a 3rd and 1 keeps the drive alive and can have a big impact on the game.  I know it feels like a distant memory to most of us Jaguars fans, but if you have a lead late in the game, a straight line power back against a tired defense can be a good way to close out the game versus going 3 and out, punting and giving the other team an opportunity to get back into it.

Besides, I can't wait for the crowd to yell Snooooooooooooooooooooop!

(05-11-2022, 09:11 AM)Mikey Wrote:

My biggest gripe with the choice is that everything I've read is that he's kind of a one-trick pony, seems to fit the mold of a JRob type - straight-line runner, not blazing speed, but big and packs a punch. There were a lot more dynamic backs available at that pick, and I think we could have gotten a more well-rounded runner. If he's geared to a zone scheme and the others were not, it may prove to be a wiser choice. 

If he's the thunder to ETN's lightning while JRob recuperates, can't complain at all.

(05-11-2022, 07:15 AM)mikesez Wrote: I'm just glad he's not injured.

make like your avatar and bite your tongue, man.
Wink

I wouldn’t characterize Robinson as big or a straight line runner.

JRob-APB + ETN—explosive back who can create mismatches is the passing game + Snoop-power back=3 headed monster at the RB position.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(05-11-2022, 02:57 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: JRob-APB + ETN—explosive back who can create mismatches is the passing game + Snoop-power back=3 headed monster at the RB position.

Who is APB? Apricots and peanut butter sandwich?
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Snooooooooooooop, one cut and bracing for impact.

NH3...
"AZANE"

All purpose back
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(05-11-2022, 03:50 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(05-11-2022, 02:57 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: JRob-APB + ETN—explosive back who can create mismatches is the passing game + Snoop-power back=3 headed monster at the RB position.

Who is APB? Apricots and peanut butter sandwich?

Achilles, post-blowout

Is Snoop similar to Blount in Pedersons time at Philly?

(05-12-2022, 09:31 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: Is Snoop similar to Blount in Pedersons time at Philly?

I think it's the obvious comparison. 

He's depth/insurance, plus the potential to play that role if he performs in camp/preseason.

(05-11-2022, 11:16 AM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I wasn't familiar with Snoop Connor pre-draft, but I did support taking a power back.  That's not ETN and we could use a good compliment, particularly if JRob isn't ready.  When we are near the goal line, we need a running back that can push it into the end zone.  While it may not make the highlight reel, converting a 3rd and 1 keeps the drive alive and can have a big impact on the game.  I know it feels like a distant memory to most of us Jaguars fans, but if you have a lead late in the game, a straight line power back against a tired defense can be a good way to close out the game versus going 3 and out, punting and giving the other team an opportunity to get back into it.

Besides, I can't wait for the crowd to yell Snooooooooooooooooooooop!

Yeah the crowd will have fun with that one.

(05-12-2022, 10:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-12-2022, 09:31 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: Is Snoop similar to Blount in Pedersons time at Philly?

I think it's the obvious comparison. 

He's depth/insurance, plus the potential to play that role if he performs in camp/preseason.

He will be decent in TD only leagues.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]