Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democrats continue to want to violate the Constitution, threaten the 2nd amendment

Could have been a heart attack brought on by the sudden stress.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-26-2022, 04:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Could have been a heart attack brought on by the sudden stress.

That’s what I just heard on the radio. He had a heart attack.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

This needless loss of life is painful.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2022, 04:30 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-26-2022, 03:03 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 02:49 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Died of grief? Is that a polite way to say suicide?

They try not to say suicide unless they're sure you meant to do it. This may have been an overdose, maybe alcohol.

Obviously this is a horrible tragedy and there is no way I could even begin to understand his grief and misery, but, he had two sons and 2 daughters. Why not carry on for their sakes? Maybe this was unintentional?

Edit: didn't see the subsequent postings reporting a heart attack. Such a shame.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-26-2022, 04:18 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This needless loss of life is painful.

This is not directed at you.

It obviously not painful enough for those who could make a difference if they really wanted to.  These are the kind of words that people use to just kick the can down the road.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

What's the solution?

(05-26-2022, 02:49 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 02:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: And it gets worse…

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2022...-confirms/

Died of grief? Is that a polite way to say suicide?

Channel 30 just said that the husband passed from a heart attack.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Not sure if economically feasible, but perhaps police substations should be at every school.

(05-26-2022, 06:46 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Not sure if economically feasible, but perhaps police substations should be at every school.
Police were already there.

This is getting weirder as each day passes. 2 cops were there but didn't try to stop him from entering the school. So a gun free zone exist and you let him walk into the school? Also how did he enter the school without being let in as schools are supposed to be locked down now? Then he fires on them. 40 mins then pass while the cops keep the parents from entering the school. The cops sat there and let him kill the kids.

Someone had to give the order to not do anything, that person needs to be on trial for murder.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(05-26-2022, 05:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What's the solution?

No guns until you're 21.
Sandy Hook killer stole a gun from his mom, but Parkland and Uvalde were both guns legally purchased by men over 18 but under 21.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-26-2022, 07:29 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 06:46 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Not sure if economically feasible, but perhaps police substations should be at every school.
Police were already there.

This is getting weirder as each day passes. 2 cops were there but didn't try to stop him from entering the school. So a gun free zone exist and you let him walk into the school? Also how did he enter the school without being let in as schools are supposed to be locked down now? Then he fires on them. 40 mins then pass while the cops keep the parents from entering the school. The cops sat there and let him kill the kids.

Someone had to give the order to not do anything, that person needs to be on trial for murder.

They pursued him there I believe.  Would he have headed to a school knowing a police substation was there?  At the very least it makes it less of a soft target.

There are countless things that could be done. But they depend on the appetite for change. The facts are that enough people don't want change, which is absolutely fine.  But these same people shouldn't pretend to be shocked when these shootings happen.  Worse is when they offer hollow thoughts and prayers.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(05-26-2022, 08:23 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 07:29 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Police were already there.

They pursued him there I believe.  Would he have headed to a school knowing a police substation was there?  At the very least it makes it less of a soft target.
The cbp officer saw the truck and was chasing him. The other 2 officers first there were supposedly at the school as they exchanged gun fire.

Backup was there within 5 mins but they didn't go into the school until around 40 mins afterwards.

The door was also unlocked or already open. This is not supposed to happen at schools now.

Grandfather is saying the kid couldn't drive and didn't have a license. Doesn't know where he was able to get the money, buy the gun, or learn to shoot without a car. Says someone had to take him there.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 01:03 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-27-2022, 12:24 AM)captivating Wrote:

There are countless things that could be done. But they depend on the appetite for change. The facts are that enough people don't want change, which is absolutely fine.  But these same people shouldn't pretend to be shocked when these shootings happen.  Worse is when they offer hollow thoughts and prayers.

If you've got a solution for evil behaviour, then by all means share it so that we can all benefit.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 04:35 AM by captivating. Edited 4 times in total.)

(05-27-2022, 01:03 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 12:24 AM)captivating Wrote: There are countless things that could be done. But they depend on the appetite for change. The facts are that enough people don't want change, which is absolutely fine.  But these same people shouldn't pretend to be shocked when these shootings happen.  Worse is when they offer hollow thoughts and prayers.

If you've got a solution for evil behaviour, then by all means share it so that we can all benefit.

The same way we dealt with the evil that blow up airplanes. We inconvenienced the many because of the actions of the few. We had to penalize the millions that fly even though they were law abiding citizens.

History is littered with examples of where changes have been implemented because a decision was made to stop needless deaths:
1. Car seatbelts
2. Tractor trailer Mansfield bars
3. Tamper proof drug bottles
4. Security and scanning at airports
5. Restrictions on buying fertilizer
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

We can all stop.  We have the answer thanks to some of the best and brightest.

It's called Door Control.  America doesn't have too many guns.   Schools have too many doors.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

I can't see any solution.  The only way to prevent mass killing with guns is to take away the guns, and that is completely impossible.

(05-27-2022, 12:24 AM)captivating Wrote:

What do you want them to change? There are 400 million guns in this country. Your odds of being killed by one after you take away suicides and accidental deaths is astronomically low. Even when you include them, your odds of dying to them are less than getting hit by lightning. If you just take schools and school shootings, the odds are so incredibly rare. I don't have the data on this last guy, but every other school shooter was on some kind of behavioral drug. The problems in this country are largely cultural. We have no identity. We have no shared sense of purpose. We rely too much on chemically castrating our children. Maybe the solution IS more thoughts and prayers. Not just when people die, but in general. We need to fix the hate and apathy, because that is causing this problem.

(05-27-2022, 08:05 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 12:24 AM)captivating Wrote: There are countless things that could be done. But they depend on the appetite for change. The facts are that enough people don't want change, which is absolutely fine.  But these same people shouldn't pretend to be shocked when these shootings happen.  Worse is when they offer hollow thoughts and prayers.

What do you want them to change? There are 400 million guns in this country. Your odds of being killed by one after you take away suicides and accidental deaths is astronomically low. Even when you include them, your odds of dying to them are less than getting hit by lightning. If you just take schools and school shootings, the odds are so incredibly rare. I don't have the data on this last guy, but every other school shooter was on some kind of behavioral drug. The problems in this country are largely cultural. We have no identity. We have no shared sense of purpose. We rely too much on chemically castrating our children. Maybe the solution IS more thoughts and prayers. Not just when people die, but in general. We need to fix the hate and apathy, because that is causing this problem.

Wait, wait, wait...are you saying it's a HEART problem? No way.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-27-2022, 09:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 08:05 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What do you want them to change? There are 400 million guns in this country. Your odds of being killed by one after you take away suicides and accidental deaths is astronomically low. Even when you include them, your odds of dying to them are less than getting hit by lightning. If you just take schools and school shootings, the odds are so incredibly rare. I don't have the data on this last guy, but every other school shooter was on some kind of behavioral drug. The problems in this country are largely cultural. We have no identity. We have no shared sense of purpose. We rely too much on chemically castrating our children. Maybe the solution IS more thoughts and prayers. Not just when people die, but in general. We need to fix the hate and apathy, because that is causing this problem.

Wait, wait, wait...are you saying it's a HEART problem? No way.

It's certainly a heart problem but it's also a gun problem.  
You're not going to convince me that, say, France, doesn't also have people with this kind of heart problem. Things can have more than one cause. Even more than one necessary cause.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.