Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democrats continue to want to violate the Constitution, threaten the 2nd amendment

https://www.dailywire.com/news/californi...-at-school

Proof that we should ban the use of weed?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-30-2022, 01:28 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: https://www.dailywire.com/news/californi...-at-school

Proof that we should ban the use of weed?

This is exactly why you can't buy these types of gummies or any edibles in NC. Or you couldn't. Maybe that's changed. The reasoning is they will be attractive to kids who will eat them and end up like these kids. Also, parents don't always know how to hide their stash.

I really disagree with blaming medication. Troubled kids tend to get medicated. Untroubled kids tend to not get medicated. It's a correlation that troubled kids who kill other kids are medicated. It's not a cause. There are medications that make certain problems worse for certain people, but if the psychiatrist is regularly checking in, those people are taken off those medications quickly.
I'd be more interested to know if these shooters had adequate access to psychiatrists or if they had ever been encouraged to see one. I know the Batman premiere shooter was seeing a psych, but I think most of the others were not. From what I can tell the others were treated at one time but no longer being treated when the incident occured.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Denzel Washington said it in an interview at some event a few years ago. It all starts at home. Whether it's good or bad it all starts at home. IIRC he said his success started with a two-parent home with parents who were actually involved in his life and wanted him to succeed in whatever he wanted to accomplish. They weren't filling his head with a victim mentality.

Anyone who thinks the state of a home environment has little to do with how kids act and react to anything have never lived or personally never seen the effects of what a bad environment can do to their mindset. Every person who has committed a mass shooting has been found to come from a difficult home situation.

(05-30-2022, 03:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: I really disagree with blaming medication.  Troubled kids tend to get medicated.  Untroubled kids tend to not get medicated.  It's a correlation that troubled kids who kill other kids are medicated.  It's not a cause. There are medications that make certain problems worse for certain people, but if the psychiatrist is regularly checking in, those people are taken off those medications quickly.
I'd be more interested to know if these shooters had adequate access to psychiatrists or if they had ever been encouraged to see one.  I know the Batman premiere shooter was seeing a psych, but I think most of the others were not.  From what I can tell the others were treated at one time but no longer being treated when the incident occured.

Bro, I went on benzos for a year because I had vertigo and the doctor thought it'd help me deal with it. I am still dealing with the fallout from that drug, but, more importantly, it made me totally ambivalent. I couldn't imagine being on that drug at 19 or 20. I was SO angry back then. It's a terrible idea to be medicating teenagers with something so powerful when their hormones are already out of control. It's not a coincidence that almost every single school shooter has been on some type of behavioral medication.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2022, 03:52 PM by wrong_box. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-29-2022, 04:52 PM)captivating Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 12:18 PM)wrong_box Wrote: Who gets to decide what and how man guns I need? Are my needs different, therefor I get more firearms than someone else? What if my neighbor was determined to need 3 types of guns, but my other neighbor is determined to need 6? Could a hunter say ok I need a rifle that will shoot a half a mile because I live in a mountainous area where my closest shot will be 1/4 mile. But then when Im not hunting big game, I need a 30-30 for varmit/small game animals. Oh yeah I also  need a smaller caliber rifle for white tail deer than I use for mule deer because they are much smaller. Oh yeah I need a 12 gauge shotgun that can shoot a 3" mag for geese because they fly so high. and I need a 12 gauge for duck and pheasant. I need a 20 gauge because sometimes when Im hunting in a small area such as a corn field I dont want to shoot past the cornfield. Oh and for quail I need a 410 shotgun for because they are so small Ill ruin the meat with anything bigger. I need a 9mm as basic personal protection inside my home or small enclosed place, but I need a larger caliber for longer range outdoors.  Kind of a long winded post, but the point Im trying to make is different people have different needs, so who gets to decide MY needs from some elses? 

The second amendment mentions nothing about the need to bear arms other than to overthrow a tyrannical government. In order to overthrow a tyrannical government we need a fair fight. Limiting us to single shot rifles, revolvers, and such wont be enough to do so.

Why can’t any gun advocates just say, “hey, I like guns and i don’t want them taken away”.

Instead we get, guns save lives, they are for protection, they’ll protect from a tyrannical government, a witches brew blaming everything except the thing that caused death.

the "thing" that caused death wasnt the gun. The gun will not do anything that the person in possession of it makes it do. But, using your analogy, heroine, meth, cocaine among others cause death. Why dont we ban them? Oh wait, they are already banned. Guess that didnt work. Running over people with a vehicle is a cause of death, ban that too. How about banning knives since stabbings cause death. We should ban drownings because they cause death. This may sound extreme, but the premise is sound. Banning things doesnt preclude them from happening. I have multiple firearms that sit in my closet and around my home and have had for 30 plus years and as of yet have not killed a single human being. Blaming the gun is total Bull [BLEEP]. Did the gun kill anyone? No the person with the intent to kill someone With the gun caused death. BIG difference.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2022, 05:43 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-30-2022, 03:40 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 03:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: I really disagree with blaming medication.  Troubled kids tend to get medicated.  Untroubled kids tend to not get medicated.  It's a correlation that troubled kids who kill other kids are medicated.  It's not a cause. There are medications that make certain problems worse for certain people, but if the psychiatrist is regularly checking in, those people are taken off those medications quickly.
I'd be more interested to know if these shooters had adequate access to psychiatrists or if they had ever been encouraged to see one.  I know the Batman premiere shooter was seeing a psych, but I think most of the others were not.  From what I can tell the others were treated at one time but no longer being treated when the incident occured.

Bro, I went on benzos for a year because I had vertigo and the doctor thought it'd help me deal with it. I am still dealing with the fallout from that drug, but, more importantly, it made me totally ambivalent. I couldn't imagine being on that drug at 19 or 20. I was SO angry back then. It's a terrible idea to be medicating teenagers with something so powerful when their hormones are already out of control. It's not a coincidence that almost every single school shooter has been on some type of behavioral medication.

Oh I agree.  I'm pretty sure they use benzos much less today than they did before.  Wellbutrin is another one that used to be a front line medication and is now used much more rarely. Ask me how I know this.  
But it's not just the medications.  Psychiatrists have to check in, and many don't.  If you are maturing or entering a new life stage, your medications may need to be adjusted.  Benzos in particular are habituating and constantly need adjustment even if nothing else in your life is changing. 
You had a bad experience, but that doesn't mean the entire field of child and teenage psychiatry should be thrown out.

Wellbutrin is the only reason I'm not completely drowning in hormone related depression right now. It's not a cure all but I at least feel somewhat functional since I started it about 5 weeks ago. As soon as my hormones are back in check I plan to (hopefully) come off of it.

As for kids taking meds; doctors are strongly encouraged by big pharma and some parents to medicate "problem" kids. Doctors do it for the kickbacks and parents do it because they don't know what else to do. For most it is literally cheaper to give kids meds than it is to try alternative therapy. Sometimes it's just chemical imbalances that a low dose med will straighten out and absolutely should be closely monitored.

When my step dad ended up in the hospital with a UTI it caused a mental break of sorts that brought out the dementia we all thought might come. Because he is a Vietnam veteran the first thing the VA hospital did was put him on Seroquel for PTS. They automatically assumed post-traumatic stress instead of paying attention to his signs and symptoms.

Seroquel is no joke. That [BLEEP] shouldn't be allowed to be prescribed for anything other than major bipolar disorder. Thankfully a family friend who is a pharmacist helped get him off that junk along with starting a medication prescribed by his doctor. I shudder to think of how many kids might be on that stuff and don't need it.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2022, 07:56 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-30-2022, 07:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Wellbutrin is the only reason I'm not completely drowning in hormone related depression right now. It's not a cure all but I at least feel somewhat functional since I started it about 5 weeks ago. As soon as my hormones are back in check I plan to (hopefully) come off of it.

As for kids taking meds; doctors are strongly encouraged by big pharma and some parents to medicate "problem" kids. Doctors do it for the kickbacks and parents do it because they don't know what else to do. For most it is literally cheaper to give kids meds than it is to try alternative therapy. Sometimes it's just chemical imbalances that a low dose med will straighten out and absolutely should be closely monitored.

When my step dad ended up in the hospital with a UTI it caused a mental break of sorts that brought out the dementia we all thought might come. Because he is a Vietnam veteran the first thing the VA hospital did was put him on Seroquel for PTS. They automatically assumed post-traumatic stress instead of paying attention to his signs and symptoms.

Seroquel is no joke. That [BLEEP] shouldn't be allowed to be prescribed for anything other than major bipolar disorder. Thankfully a family friend who is a pharmacist helped get him off that junk along with starting a medication prescribed by his doctor. I shudder to think of how many kids might be on that stuff and don't need it.

I was on Seroquel for a while a long time ago.. 1000 mgs

Trazadone too  Ninja
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Biden has already made the jump from banning assault rifles to banning the most popular caliber handgun in the U.S. That didn't take long. I also hate to tell him that a 9mm round is really not a high caliber round, but I'm sure that's irrelevant to his argument. 

Biden calls 9mm ‘high-caliber weapons,’ suggests banning them | Fox News

(05-30-2022, 09:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Biden has already made the jump from banning assault rifles to banning the most popular caliber handgun in the U.S. That didn't take long. I also hate to tell him that a 9mm round is really not a high caliber round, but I'm sure that's irrelevant to his argument. 

Biden probably never knew what different calibers are.  But he's certainly forgotten if he ever knew.

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2022, 10:34 PM by Lucky2Last.)

It just amazes me how you can watch the waves crash against the sand again and again and never look up to notice the eroding shoreline.

(05-30-2022, 09:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Biden has already made the jump from banning assault rifles to banning the most popular caliber handgun in the U.S. That didn't take long. I also hate to tell him that a 9mm round is really not a high caliber round, but I'm sure that's irrelevant to his argument. 

The WEF players are making their moves now. Canada announced they are banning all handguns. Can't sell, buy, transfer, or import them. Not sure how they can just announce it but I guess if they have too all his other WEF members will vote for whatever they have to do.

Now the US is also going to make a pitch. Be on the lookout as they still need more deaths as the last 2 haven't worked.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I know the answer to this question but..... since we are not allowed ro discuss religion hre.........

[Image: Schoolgun.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2022, 04:11 AM by captivating. Edited 1 time in total.)

In the context he gave, he was correct.

(05-31-2022, 02:18 AM)The Drifter Wrote: I know the answer to this question but..... since we are not allowed ro discuss religion hre.........

I know you think society has gone to [BLEEP] for a variety of reasons, including a disconnect with God.  But not everything is worse today.  In the 1950s, cross dressing men would be bashed to within an inch of their lives. Today, they are free to express themselves without harrassment and discrimination.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(05-30-2022, 03:51 PM)wrong_box Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 04:52 PM)captivating Wrote: Why can’t any gun advocates just say, “hey, I like guns and i don’t want them taken away”.

Instead we get, guns save lives, they are for protection, they’ll protect from a tyrannical government, a witches brew blaming everything except the thing that caused death.

the "thing" that caused death wasnt the gun. The gun will not do anything that the person in possession of it makes it do. But, using your analogy, heroine, meth, cocaine among others cause death. Why dont we ban them? Oh wait, they are already banned. Guess that didnt work. Running over people with a vehicle is a cause of death, ban that too. How about banning knives since stabbings cause death. We should ban drownings because they cause death. This may sound extreme, but the premise is sound. Banning things doesnt preclude them from happening. I have multiple firearms that sit in my closet and around my home and have had for 30 plus years and as of yet have not killed a single human being. Blaming the gun is total Bull [BLEEP]. Did the gun kill anyone? No the person with the intent to kill someone With the gun caused death. BIG difference.

What garbage!  Take the gun away, and the Uvaldi shooter wouldn't have killed anyone.  I have never seen anyone die from someone pointing their finger and shouting 'bang!!"

Stop kidding yourself with the guns don't cause death lie.  Hunting is a pretty useless thing to do if guns don't cause death.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

How do mass murders happen in Europe?

(05-31-2022, 04:06 AM)captivating Wrote:

In the context he gave, he was correct.

(05-31-2022, 02:18 AM)The Drifter Wrote: I know the answer to this question but..... since we are not allowed ro discuss religion hre.........

I know you think society has gone to [BLEEP] for a variety of reasons, including a disconnect with God.  But not everything is worse today.  In the 1950s, cross dressing men would be bashed to within an inch of their lives. Today, they are free to express themselves without harrassment and discrimination.

But the context is flawed.

I think I'm going to answer my own question I posed here. The answer to the question should be self evident and right in front of our faces. You see, back in the 1950's and even in to the 1960's, we still allowed the concept of God in our schools which gave us a sense of morality. We stressed good citizenship and a love of our country, and like JFK once said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country". The concept that the individual would be held acountable for their actions was in full force back. then. But somewhere along trhe way, we either lost, or had these basic principles taken away from us by various liberal individuals or groups. And thus began the downfall of our once great, and proud nation.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(05-30-2022, 09:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Biden probably never knew what different calibers are.  But he's certainly forgotten if he ever knew.

(05-31-2022, 04:23 AM)captivating Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 03:51 PM)wrong_box Wrote: the "thing" that caused death wasnt the gun. The gun will not do anything that the person in possession of it makes it do. But, using your analogy, heroine, meth, cocaine among others cause death. Why dont we ban them? Oh wait, they are already banned. Guess that didnt work. Running over people with a vehicle is a cause of death, ban that too. How about banning knives since stabbings cause death. We should ban drownings because they cause death. This may sound extreme, but the premise is sound. Banning things doesnt preclude them from happening. I have multiple firearms that sit in my closet and around my home and have had for 30 plus years and as of yet have not killed a single human being. Blaming the gun is total Bull [BLEEP]. Did the gun kill anyone? No the person with the intent to kill someone With the gun caused death. BIG difference.

What garbage!  Take the gun away, and the Uvaldi shooter wouldn't have killed anyone.  I have never seen anyone die from someone pointing their finger and shouting 'bang!!"

Stop kidding yourself with the guns don't cause death lie.  Hunting is a pretty useless thing to do if guns don't cause death.

Total Bull [BLEEP]! A firearm doesnt do anything on its own. It does not load itself, it does not aim itself, it does not transport itself, it does not fire itself. It takes a person to make a fire arm kill. The firearm is not to blame, the person making the firearm kill is what is to blame. Personal responsibility and a deliberate and intentional act by a person  is what causes death. Stop blaming inanimate objects for causing death.