Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 3 Jags vs Chargers: Postgame Appreciation Thread

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 07:30 PM by enigma.)

Wow! What a game going out to the West coast where we notoriously play dismally. BUT NOT TODAY BOYS... We put a high-powered, hard-hitting butt whooping blowout win against the Chargers with the final score being 38-10.

You know the drill:

- Trevor Lawrence: 28/39 262 yds 3 TDs and 0 INTs. Played another excellent game today and has shown that he can lead this team to victories. Had a couple of overthrows early but quickly turned it around. And I'll say this, the messageboard clown was right that we would see a REAL QB play today. Unfortunately for him, it was the one in the Jags uniform. TLaw is that man so put some respect on the kid.
- James Robinson + ETN: 36 rushes for 151 yds and 1 TD collectively as a team today. JRob logged a 100yd day with a tremendous TD on the 4th down play. The heck with the wheelbarrow, back up the brinks truck for him. ETN running HARD today too, loved it.
- Pass protection: Overall, I haven't had any attention placed towards the O-line which is a great thing outside of the occasional play or two. The Chargers were banged up but I think our play-designs have also led to this becoming a backburner issue currently.
- Receivers: Again, I have to praise the entire unit here as it was a great performance by all. CKirk with 72 yds and a TD, Zay with 85 yds and a TD, and Marvin with 33 yds and a TD. Engram was clutch too but all of these guys made some big time catches.
- Defense: Our defense played LIGHTS out in all 3 levels once again. Forcing pressures and turnovers, even though the sacks might not have been there today. 1 INTs, 1 sack and 1 fumble recovery. This unit is TOP 5 and leads the NFL in takeaways. Shaq Griffin was out and our weak point today seemed to be Herndon and Jenkins but overall, our guys made the plays we needed them to and it worked out. I know Tyson Campbell gave up the touchdown but that was a tremendous throw and catch by Herbert and Williams. He played a great game as whole and caused the pop up that allowed D. Lloyd to snag it out of the air. He just needs to work on getting his head around and tracking the ball.
- Devin Lloyd: The kid is an absolute gamechanger out there and is showing why we moved up to get him. He was all over the field today registering 1 INT and a bevy of tackles like a field general on the D. He's going to lead this defense for years to come and it's crazy how fast he is progressing with the limited offseason he had. 
- Josh Allen + Travon Walker: As mentioned above, even though the sacks weren't there today - mostly because they were getting held and their offense adjusted to quick passes, these guys were collapsing the pocket on numerous occasions. We have our prolific pass-rushing duo and I hope we back up the brinks truck for Allen this year so we can keep this up for years to come.

- Doug Pederson and the coaching staff: I will continue giving these guys the highest praise available because it's evident that Pederson knows what he is doing as a Superbowl winning coach. Absolutely CLINICAL playcalling out there today. Once again, the gameplan outside of the, I believe, 3rd drive was spectacular. His play designs clearly maximize the output of our players and their strengths and minimize the deficiencies either due to talent/injuries/etc. I also love his aggressiveness and I can see how his philosophy and mindset is permeating throughout our team on the field. These boys are playing FAST, AGGRESSIVE, and DETERMINED.

I know it's weird to experience this level of consistency with the way we dominated our opponents the past two weeks, but I think this is a sign of things to come with this ELITE coaching staff and our talented, young core players in this team. The West coast curse is broken and maybe our perennial woes will be as well. Lets not jump the gun but hey, lets enjoy this BLOWOUT WIN. On to the next one boys against Pederson's ex-team who are flying high at the moment too. It'll definitely be a good one and I think we will have them grounded.

Man, this feels good. LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!! DUUUUUUUUVAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lloyd or walker will win DROY if they keep this goin

They've out scored their opponents 62-10 over these past two games and 84-38 through 3.

I had a good feeling about todays game,thats why i changed my pick to jags in our AFC south pick em here.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Pederson keeps the team going like this no way he isn't coach of the year.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 08:08 PM by mal234. Edited 3 times in total.)

Yeah, game balls for pretty much everybody, lol. I was very impressed with the team overall today. Especially the defense. They played very well including the young rookies. I am also glad to see that James is still playing well after his serious injury. He's made a very nice recovery. Trevor was a shaky at first, but he got it together and Doug Pederson/the coaching staff did an excellent job today. When the team play like this, they can be tough to beat. They were confident and very competent. This could bode well for them going forward and is very necessary especially as they face tougher/healthier opponents.

Lack of injuries and penalties was a sharp contrast to the low voltages
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Players running open, people making plays.... dogs and cats sleeping together. The jagpocalypse is upon us.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

The last 2 games have been full team wins. Props to the kicker too, he missed his first field goal that bounced off the post and hasn't missed a kick since. Xp or FG

I agree.  This team looked dominant in the way that our playoff teams in the late 90's looked dominant.  Trevor looked comfortable in the pocket and made efficient use of the time he had to spread the ball around to just about everyone.  The screens worked well today to counter the blitzes LA dialed up.  Our D-line wreaked havoc all game long, and though Herbert was able to complete some nice passes he never really got in a groove.  Bosa going out early helped as well.  Even the commentators for the game couldn't put this outcome all on Herbert's rib injury and the absence of key players.  They doled out credit to Peterson's leadership and preparation, the stout Jags defense and the opportunistic Jags offense.  Man, that felt good.

Marvin, Zay, Christian, Evan, Travis, James, Trevor ... you all impressed the hell out of me today.
The entire O-line did a great job providing Trevor with time, so hats off to you all as well.
This defense looks scary good.  There's nothing else that needs to be said.
Riley Patterson, thank you for giving us stability in our kicking game.

This is a playoff team.  There is no doubt about that now.  Fellow Jags fans, our long years of suffering have finally been rewarded.  I can't wait 'til we hand the Eagles their first loss next week!
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(09-25-2022, 08:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The last 2 games have been full team wins.  Props to the kicker too, he missed his first field goal that bounced off the post and hasn't missed a kick since.  Xp or FG

Seemed like every FG/extra point attempt was dead center today. That was great to see from the Kicker. Looks like we may have got a guy after playing kicker roulette all camp long.

Let's give Doug a statue infront of the stadium, he's the goat.

Offense looks like a well oiled machine. Quick throws on target and the receivers hold onto the ball and keep the chains moving.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 08:48 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-25-2022, 08:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 08:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The last 2 games have been full team wins.  Props to the kicker too, he missed his first field goal that bounced off the post and hasn't missed a kick since.  Xp or FG

Seemed like every FG/extra point attempt was dead center today. That was great to see from the Kicker. Looks like we may have got a guy after playing kicker roulette all camp long.
100%. They even said that's why they decided on him. Doug said it was just different the way he kicked the ball than the rest that it was always so smooth

Nice to see that the defense travels. They weren't dominant but against quality competition on the road they held their own. Turnovers win games.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 08:45 PM by Ordar.)

I echo all the above. Just wanted to add a shout out to Jawaan Taylor who is playing absolutely lights out at RT this year. Not sure if it’s due to contract year, coaching or the competition with Little, but he’s playing at an extremely high level.

Cam Robinson also been playing well at the other tackle spot

OP already did a grt job summarizing.
Apprec the entire team! Grt job.

Lets Gooooooo!!!

It's hard to remember the Jaguars having dominant back to back games. It's really difficult to find anything critical to say right now about this team. The defense has come together much faster than I expected and their best is yet to come. Of course, they have been very fortunate on the injury front but that is just part of the NFL. If they can keep their key players healthy, there's no reason they can't win the AFC South. Most importantly, the future looks very promising due to the combination of an excellent coaching staff and influx of talented players during the past 2 years. Trevor Lawrence has shown the previous 2 games that he can be the generational quarterback many expected when he was drafted.

I feel better about this team than I did the 17 team. It's not just me right?

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 08:54 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-25-2022, 08:44 PM)Ordar Wrote: I echo all the above. Just wanted to add a shout out to Jawaan Taylor who is playing absolutely lights out at RT this year. Not sure if it’s due to contract year, coaching or the competition with Little, but he’s playing at an extremely high level.

Cam Robinson also been playing well at the other tackle spot

Yup, both OTs (OLine as a whole did) played well today. They got a break due to Bosa getting hurt early, but Mack was mostly invisible today. I forgot he was even out there at times.

(09-25-2022, 08:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I feel better about this team than I did the 17 team.  It's not just me right?

They do feel similar, but the main difference being the QB position obviously. Looking like we just might finally have one. Also doesn't hurt to have the coach who happened to win the SB that year either.