Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 4: Jags vs Eagles

I'm not picking.. I didn't pick last game, so I'm not picking this one either.

I told my wife not to wash the clothes I had on for the last game so I can wear them again for this game..

Yeah.. that was a no-go..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-27-2022, 05:41 AM)MIJagsFan Wrote: When I heard the teams that the Eagles beat I felt a little better about this game. However, the Jags have been bad for so long that I don't care who we are going against, I will doubt if we can win. I will always pick them to win, but I don't like thinking any team is gimme.

If we can blowout the eagles, wow. That would be amazing.

This
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 04:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Iggles were 3-5 at home last year. I don't think Philly is some huge advantage for them as much as it is for some other teams

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 05:21 PM by Mowerguy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-27-2022, 02:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'm not picking.. I didn't pick last game, so I'm not picking this one either.

I told my wife not to wash the clothes I had on for the last game so I can wear them again for this game..

Yeah.. that was a no-go..

I hear you....I had on my Jones-Drew jersey when we smacked the clots.
So I figured what the heck and wore it for the bolts....hmmm worked again. 
Guess what I'm wearing for the iggles?   Big Grin

oh and I did pick the Jags....and will again.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 11:21 PM by Eagles1966. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-27-2022, 04:16 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 05:41 AM)MIJagsFan Wrote: When I heard the teams that the Eagles beat I felt a little better about this game. However, the Jags have been bad for so long that I don't care who we are going against, I will doubt if we can win. I will always pick them to win, but I don't like thinking any team is gimme.

This
Well… Don’t do to the lions and Vikings what other fans do to you - assume you suck this year because you always suck. The lions Will likely hover around 500 this year, and the Vikings are probably a playoff team
Take the three eagles victories out of the equation, and the lions/Vikings/commanders are for wins and two losses.

(09-27-2022, 11:19 PM)Eagles1966 Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 04:16 PM)Ronster Wrote: This
Well… Don’t do to the lions and Vikings what other fans do to you - assume you suck this year because you always suck.  The lions Will likely hover around 500 this year, and the Vikings are probably a playoff team
Take the three eagles victories out of the equation, and the lions/Vikings/commanders are for wins and two losses.

I'm not scared of the vikings or lions, but I will say that wins are wins.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2022, 12:02 AM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

I will throw this out here. Caldwell was under bowls when the bucs destroyed the eagles in the playoffs if I'm not mistaken. Look out!

(09-27-2022, 04:16 PM)Ronster Wrote:

This

Yes this.

I was in this same place before last week. After the game against the Chargers I have now seen this team is coming together faster than I would have thought.  Also, They have real play-makers making plays. Considering this I now feel they can actually compete with any team they play.  Can they win, well that is up to them. They just have to do it, no win in this league is easy.  Past seasons I would have watched the game with almost a sense of dread waiting for them to shoot themselves in the foot or just afraid of them getting rolled. I will this week for the first time be watching and hoping they pull it off.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(09-28-2022, 12:14 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 04:16 PM)Ronster Wrote: This

Yes this.

I was in this same place before last week. After the game against the Chargers I have now seen this team is coming together faster than I would have thought.  Also, They have real play-makers making plays. Considering this I now feel they can actually compete with any team they play.  Can they win, well that is up to them. They just have to do it, no win in this league is easy.  Past seasons I would have watched the game with almost a sense of dread waiting for them to shoot themselves in the foot or just afraid of them getting rolled. I will this week for the first time be watching and hoping they pull it off.

Ah yes, the days of Blake Bortles and Blaine Gabbert dropping back to pass and when they throw it deep your heart sinks because you know it's either over thrown or going to the other team. Fun lol

(09-28-2022, 07:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-head-co...n-i-unders

Yea, I expect Philly to "Lovingly" boo him.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2022, 11:55 AM by Eagles1966.)

(09-27-2022, 04:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Iggles were 3-5 at home last year. I don't think Philly is some huge advantage for them as much as it is for some other teams

Come on dude, that’s about as relevant as when Tom Selleck at .350 in the month of August at night…?

(09-28-2022, 09:40 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 07:08 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-head-co...n-i-unders

Yea, I expect Philly to "Lovingly" boo him.

I honestly expect him to be cheered… Perhaps even a standing ovation. There’s literally a freaking statue of him outside of our stadium

(09-28-2022, 11:53 AM)Eagles1966 Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 04:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Iggles were 3-5 at home last year.  I don't think Philly is some huge advantage for them as much as it is for some other teams

Come on dude, that’s about as relevant as when Tom Selleck at .350 in the month of August at night…?

(09-28-2022, 09:40 AM)Jag149 Wrote: Yea, I expect Philly to "Lovingly" boo him.

I honestly expect him to be cheered… Perhaps even a standing ovation.  There’s literally a freaking statue of him outside of our stadium

They know how to do that in the City of Brotherly Love?  Neat

Toughest matchup in this game is the eagles IDL vs the Jags LG and Center. That part of the line allows the pocket to be disrupted or blown up all together too frequently.
Jags are at a disadvantage there.

Second toughest will be bottling up Hurts when he runs,
and lastly keeping Goedert in check.
Jags back seven has been looking great, but they'll be tested.

I think the eagles defense will be tested by the Robinson/ETN rushing combo and the gadgets that come along with it.
The Z. Jones/Kirk/Engram quick hit stuff out of the bunch formation will also be tough to defend for them IMO after watching some eagles defensive series. They seem susceptible to the dink and dunk from those types of formations. Jags are executing that well currently.

(09-28-2022, 02:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Toughest matchup in this game is the eagles IDL vs the Jags LG and Center.  That part of the line allows the pocket to be disrupted or blown up all together too frequently.

I think the eagles defense will be tested by the Robinson/ETN rushing combo and the gadgets that come along with it.
The Z. Jones/Kirk/Engram quick hit stuff out of the bunch formation will also be tough to defend for them IMO after watching some eagles defensive series.  They seem susceptible to the dink and dunk from those types of formations. Jags are executing that well currently.

I think the speed at which Trevor is getting the ball out should nullify that advantage.  It’s rare the ball isn’t out at the 3 second mark after snap and if it isn’t it’s usually because he’s rolling out buying time.

The two big things for me are the storm disrupting practice and last weeks significant travel out west and back.

(09-28-2022, 01:59 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 11:53 AM)Eagles1966 Wrote: Come on dude, that’s about as relevant as when Tom Selleck at .350 in the month of August at night…?

I honestly expect him to be cheered… Perhaps even a standing ovation.  There’s literally a freaking statue of him outside of our stadium

They know how to do that in the City of Brotherly Love?  Neat
Don’t totally buy into that media driven rep… I’ve been to the Linc, And I’ve been to Fenway… Virtually no difference between the fans. Loud and passionate sure but everything else is grossly exaggerated

(09-28-2022, 02:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 02:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Toughest matchup in this game is the eagles IDL vs the Jags LG and Center.  That part of the line allows the pocket to be disrupted or blown up all together too frequently.

The Z. Jones/Kirk/Engram quick hit stuff out of the bunch formation will also be tough to defend for them IMO after watching some eagles defensive series.  They seem susceptible to the dink and dunk from those types of formations. Jags are executing that well currently.

I think the speed at which Trevor is getting the ball out should nullify that advantage.  It’s rare the ball isn’t out at the 3 second mark after snap and if it isn’t it’s usually because he’s rolling out buying time.

The two big things for me are the storm disrupting practice and last weeks significant travel out west and back.

Depends on how Philly schemes defensively. 

*Week one didn't feature many of these quick releases from Trevor. Wasn't in the gameplan. 
*Week two did feature them and for good reason. No defense gives up the underneath pass more readily than Gus Bradley's. 
Like fish in a barrel.
*Week three sought to continue week two's methodology since the bolts were always going to pressure the QB from the edge and have suspect cover linebackers. It worked again. 

Week four sees the Jags facing a coordinator who preaches adaptability and running different defensive fronts and schemes. 
Maybe our visiting philly fans can give you some insight as to how well Gannon's defense is prepared for on onslaught of quick-hit passes being peppered from sideline to sideline within the confines of the sticks, (I couldn't tell you)  but I'd wager Gannon has seen the tape from weeks 2 and 3 and has an inkling or two about what he needs to do to counter that stuff. 

We'll see. I don't think it will look like a cakewalk this time.
I do think that if we establish the run well early on, it may not matter, and I do think Pederson/Taylor have a bag of tricks saved up especially for this Sunday. 

Popcorn ready.

(09-28-2022, 02:35 PM)Eagles1966 Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 01:59 PM)Jag149 Wrote: They know how to do that in the City of Brotherly Love?  Neat
Don’t totally buy into that media driven rep… I’ve been to the Linc, And I’ve been to Fenway… Virtually no difference between the fans. Loud and passionate sure but everything else is grossly exaggerated

That's uh.... that's not a great defense for fan attitudes

(09-28-2022, 03:18 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 02:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I think the speed at which Trevor is getting the ball out should nullify that advantage.  It’s rare the ball isn’t out at the 3 second mark after snap and if it isn’t it’s usually because he’s rolling out buying time.

Depends on how Philly schemes defensively. 

*Week one didn't feature many of these quick releases from Trevor. Wasn't in the gameplan. 
*Week two did feature them and for good reason. No defense gives up the underneath pass more readily than Gus Bradley's. 
Like fish in a barrel.
*Week three sought to continue week two's methodology since the bolts were always going to pressure the QB from the edge and have suspect cover linebackers. It worked again. 

Week four sees the Jags facing a coordinator who preaches adaptability and running different defensive fronts and schemes. 
Maybe our visiting philly fans can give you some insight as to how well Gannon's defense is prepared for on onslaught of quick-hit passes being peppered from sideline to sideline within the confines of the sticks, (I couldn't tell you)  but I'd wager Gannon has seen the tape from weeks 2 and 3 and has an inkling or two about what he needs to do to counter that stuff. 

We'll see. I don't think it will look like a cakewalk this time.
I do think that if we establish the run well early on, it may not matter, and I do think Pederson/Taylor have a bag of tricks saved up especially for this Sunday. 

Popcorn ready.

Don’t disagree in general with the above aside from week 1 not being quick release stuff from Trevor.  I left that game with the same feeling as you but on re-watch discovered that he was getting it out still very quickly.  They may have dialed it up further in the subsequent games, but the ball was out in under 3 seconds from the pocket all but once against Washington by my count and that once was a sack.

I think this focus on getting it out quick is helpful for Trevor and the offense, but I have to wonder if it’s more by necessity because of potential concerns about the o-line.  Everyone on the o-line smells like roses when the ball is gone at the 2 to 2.5 second mark.  

Trevor is down on the list of QBs passing yards through the air.  A lot of our passing yards are short passes with YAC.  I’ll take it however it comes and he’s been very good so I’m not complaining.  I just have to wonder if the Jags coaches aren’t as enamored with the pass blocking as the stats would have you believe.