Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Devin Lloyd

Great breakeven of Lloyd's play. I loved this pick. He has Derrick brooks like instincts.

https://youtu.be/5sRsJMWczOs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-25-2022, 08:40 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 08:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This was my reaction last week, and he just blew me away today.

Unbelievable. 

This kid was 100% worth the trade up and quite a lot more IMO.

Couldnt agree more he's been awesome. Cannot believe he lasted until the pick we got him.

Agreed, him and Walker make an unbelievable draft just by themselves. The crazy thing is Muma would be rocking it as a rookie starter on a lot of teams and can't even get on the field with these two. It's amazing.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

What's even crazier is that they are 3 bloody games into there career

Sky's the limit

When walker and him develop some more techniques....[BLEEP] going to hit thr wall

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 10:08 PM by Eric1. Edited 2 times in total.)

The only possible reason for why Lloyd slipped in the draft IMO, is because some teams had to be turned off by him running 4.66 at the Combine. Not exactly that impressive of a time on paper in a league where speed kills.

It's amazing though because for what he lacks in long speed, he makes up for with everything else. His instincts are top notch. He's big, long and lengthy. Has a good first step (1.58 10 split) and showed explosiveness in his jumps (35" Vert, 10' 6" Broad). Usually those translate into a fast 40 time, but didn't seem to be the case for Lloyd(on paper at least).

Living on the West Coast I got to see a lot of Lloyd play at Utah and that's why he was the player I was most excited to watch this season. He was that dude for Utah. I know a lot of people on the East Coast didn't get to see him much, but he was awesome to watch in College. It's looking like not much has changed as far as his awesomeness goes once he stepped up into the next level that is, the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 10:42 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-27-2022, 10:06 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The only possible reason for why Lloyd slipped in the draft IMO, is because some teams had to be turned off by him running 4.66 at the Combine. Not exactly that impressive of a time on paper in a league where speed kills.

It's amazing though because for what he lacks in long speed, he makes up for with everything else. His instincts are top notch. He's big, long and lengthy. Has a good first step (1.58 10 split) and showed explosiveness in his jumps (35" Vert, 10' 6" Broad). Usually those translate into a fast 40 time, but didn't seem to be the case for Lloyd(on paper at least).

Living on the West Coast I got to see a lot of Lloyd play at Utah and that's why he was the player I was most excited to watch this season. He was that dude for Utah. I know a lot of people on the East Coast didn't get to see him much, but he was awesome to watch in College. It's looking like not much has changed as far as his awesomeness goes once he stepped up into the next level that is, the NFL.

He plays much faster than his 40 time, hes fast as [BLEEP] and has plenty of speed for a LB.  I mean Ray Lewis went at 26.  I just think MLB/off the ball LB's is a position teams dont value like they used to which worked out for the Jags.  Quay Walker is a good LB and helped GB get the win in Tampa with the FF but im thankful they took him over Lloyd.

We are a lot of big gator fans around my family and friends, and I was telling them we are lucky that lloyd was playing for the jags instead of against the gators in that great gator win over utah.

I hope Muma doesn't get upset and demand a trade... but i guess if that happens, things worked out for us.

(09-28-2022, 01:43 AM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: I hope Muma doesn't get upset and demand a trade... but i guess if that happens, things worked out for us.

Ha. No third round rookie linebacker is demanding a trade.

One of the great things about Lloyd is the guy is a competitive maniac

(09-28-2022, 01:43 AM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: I hope Muma doesn't get upset and demand a trade... but i guess if that happens, things worked out for us.

Oluokun is on a short term deal. He could be gone after 2023 if he doesn't prove to be integral to the success of the defense. 

And why would a player want to leave THIS defense? 

He'll start seeing the field in certain defensive packages soon enough. I'd say this is a good problem to have, but it really isn't even a problem at all. We simply have good depth at ILB.

Why would he demand a trade?  Lol

(09-27-2022, 07:44 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 08:40 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: Couldnt agree more he's been awesome. Cannot believe he lasted until the pick we got him.

Agreed, him and Walker make an unbelievable draft just by themselves. The crazy thing is Muma would be rocking it as a rookie starter on a lot of teams and can't even get on the field with these two. It's amazing.

Good point about Muma. I think he’s a stud sitting on the shelf.

I read where Muma and Lloyd both played Safety in high school. That would explain why Lloyd is exceptional in coverage.

(09-28-2022, 03:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 07:44 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Agreed, him and Walker make an unbelievable draft just by themselves. The crazy thing is Muma would be rocking it as a rookie starter on a lot of teams and can't even get on the field with these two. It's amazing.

Good point about Muma. I think he’s a stud sitting on the shelf.

I read where Muma and Lloyd both played Safety in high school. That would explain why Lloyd is exceptional in coverage.

I could see a future with Walker, Lloyd and Muma as a great LB corps.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-28-2022, 06:52 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 03:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Good point about Muma. I think he’s a stud sitting on the shelf.

I could see a future with Walker, Lloyd and Muma as a great LB corps.

This is just another reason why you should always take BPA.

(09-28-2022, 07:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 06:52 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: I could see a future with Walker, Lloyd and Muma as a great LB corps.

This is just another reason why you should always take BPA.

Trading up isn't taking the best player available.

It's spending capital to take a player that you feel certain will not be available to you. 

That's how they got Lloyd. And they did it to address their greatest need. 

If you want to argue that Muma was a BPA pick after they spent big to address need, then that makes a little sense I guess.

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2022, 09:23 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-28-2022, 08:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 07:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is just another reason why you should always take BPA.

Trading up isn't taking the best player available.

It's spending capital to take a player that you feel certain will not be available to you. 

That's how they got Lloyd. And they did it to address their greatest need. 

If you want to argue that Muma was a BPA pick after they spent big to address need, then that makes a little sense I guess.

I was talking about Muma but if you trade up for a player and he isn't BPA on your board that's how you lose a job very quickly.  Lloyd though was absolutely the BPA and probably by a good margin being how Baalke said he was a top 15 player in the draft, unless you just think he lied about that statement. Lloyd was far and away the BPA and a position of need so they made the move.  It's why i was screaming they had to trade up for him

The Jags have a new coach, the coaching staff is good, the owner is patient and will spend money.  There are no state income taxes and good weather year round.  We are a team on the rise, moving in the direction of a team other player would WANT to play for.  Now that is really unfamiliar territory.  I not saying we are there yet, we keep this up we will get there.  Muma will over the 17 games get his time on the field.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/157546314...PMwAAuoJyQ

Defensive Rookie of the Month!

It will be interesting to see if the Jets chose the right Ohio St WR

(09-29-2022, 08:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFL/status/157546314...PMwAAuoJyQ

Defensive Rookie of the Month!

Lloyd, is going to see lots of accolades.

Dude is the real deal.