Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Robinson to the Jets

(10-24-2022, 08:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The one think people dont understand is JRob was the rare restricted FA

https://www.nfl.com/news/rb-index-week-7...n-the-comi
Multiple people have mentioned it already in this thread lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hell, if we kept him the rest of the season and we let him sign else where we likely would of got a comp pick. A 6th at the very least.

This is [BLEEP]

(10-24-2022, 08:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:35 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Looking at our rushing stats for this year, we are 7th in rush yards with 190 carries for 962yds, 8 TD's and a 5.1yd per carry average. OC's kill for that production so not sure why we don't lean on it more.

We could easily be top 3 or higher and have a couple extra wins if we did but I dont think it will every happen as long a Doug is calling plays.  I doesnt matter if Doug losses out the rest of the season he will go down throwing regardless of how good our run game is.

We definitely could and I buy the 'keep running the ball until they show they can stop you'. I hope he can find more of a balance at least but having those drives off all throws then all runs isn't making too much sense.

I like Etienne and he has so much speed but interested to see how he handles the extra workload. He's had some mistakes and is still learning but his responsibilities just jumped. A lot.

Really Dumb

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2022, 08:50 PM by mal234. Edited 2 times in total.)

I don't care for this move. I will miss James on this team. He has always worked hard and exceeded expectations as an UFDA from the beginning. He was definitely a bright spot on the team especially during his rookie season. At one point he was the most consistent performer on offense. He also looked good early on this season after he came back from his Achilles injury. I do believe that he will rush for 600 yards and the Jags will end up with a 5th, (if he doesn't get an injury that prevents him from playing.) The Jets are currently having a nice streak/turn around right now and I could see them really utilizing him now that Breece has been injured.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2022, 08:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-24-2022, 08:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The one think people dont understand is JRob was the rare restricted FA

https://www.nfl.com/news/rb-index-week-7...n-the-comi
Multiple people have mentioned it already in this thread lol

No they havent because most people didnt know like you.  Quote the people that said it. We all knew you would love this trade.

Another example of why Baalke should have been jettisoned with Urbs.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-24-2022, 08:49 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Another example of why Baalke should have been jettisoned with Urbs.

YES!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-24-2022, 08:46 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We could easily be top 3 or higher and have a couple extra wins if we did but I dont think it will every happen as long a Doug is calling plays.  I doesnt matter if Doug losses out the rest of the season he will go down throwing regardless of how good our run game is.

We definitely could and I buy the 'keep running the ball until they show they can stop you'. I hope he can find more of a balance at least but having those drives off all throws then all runs isn't making too much sense.

I like Etienne and he has so much speed but interested to see how he handles the extra workload. He's had some mistakes and is still learning but his responsibilities just jumped. A lot.

I liked Etienne too and one of the few that loved the pick.  My only hope is Snoop is who we thought he was. I hope he is active Sun. and we give him some short yardage plays to see how he does.

Possible silver lining here. Maybe the Australian guys player he was following was J Rob and we won't be here anymore.

(10-24-2022, 08:39 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 07:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I posted in another thread but since there is now a dedicated thread:

Makes sense, really. He has an Achilles injury and now a knee injury. He’s already showing wear and tear with his contract coming up next year. RBs can be found everywhere plus ETN and Hasty are performing. I like JRob but you have to look at this through the lens of a team which just spent record amounts of free agent money. It’s business.

You're generally one of the more level headed here, but this take comes off as a battered wife that just keeps making excuses for her abuser.  Even if they had no intention of resigning him, he's worth more to this team for the next 14 games than a 6th round pick.

He got what the market bears. You can’t ask $20,000 for a used car worth only $10,000 simply because you have a personal attachment to it. He’s an UDFA RB on a perennially losing team who has suffered an injury that was once considered career ending  and is also nursing an injured knee.

(10-24-2022, 08:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:46 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: We definitely could and I buy the 'keep running the ball until they show they can stop you'. I hope he can find more of a balance at least but having those drives off all throws then all runs isn't making too much sense.

I liked Etienne too and one of the few that loved the pick.  My only hope is Snoop is who we thought he was. I hope he is active Sun. and we give him some short yardage plays to see how he does.

Agreed. If Snoop can be that short yard bruiser for us he could be really useful as we've had so many and 1's which we have made really hard work this year.

(10-24-2022, 08:47 PM)mal234 Wrote: I don't care for this move. I will miss James on this team. He has always worked hard and exceeded expectations as an UFDA from the beginning. He was definitely a bright spot on the team especially during his rookie season. At one point he was the most consistent performer on offense. He also looked good early on this season after he came back from his Achilles injury. I do believe that he will rush for 600 yards and the Jags will end up with a 5th, (if he doesn't get an injury that prevents him from playing.) The Jets are currently having a nice streak/turn around right now and I could see them really utilizing him now that Breece has been injured.

Not to mention you have to change your avatar.

if Doug isnt going to play him its hard to put it on Baalke though. Why not try to get what you can if your coach isnt gonna play him.

(10-24-2022, 08:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I liked Etienne too and one of the few that loved the pick.  My only hope is Snoop is who we thought he was. I hope he is active Sun. and we give him some short yardage plays to see how he does.

Agreed. If Snoop can be that short yard bruiser for us he could be really useful as we've had so many and 1's which we have made really hard work this year.

This is exactly the role I saw for him after his preseason runs. He hits the line full bore.

(10-24-2022, 08:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:47 PM)mal234 Wrote: I don't care for this move. I will miss James on this team. He has always worked hard and exceeded expectations as an UFDA from the beginning. He was definitely a bright spot on the team especially during his rookie season. At one point he was the most consistent performer on offense. He also looked good early on this season after he came back from his Achilles injury. I do believe that he will rush for 600 yards and the Jags will end up with a 5th, (if he doesn't get an injury that prevents him from playing.) The Jets are currently having a nice streak/turn around right now and I could see them really utilizing him now that Breece has been injured.

Not to mention you have to change your avatar.

lol, he could change it to a pic of him in Jets gear

(10-24-2022, 08:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: if Doug isnt going to play him its hard to put it on Baalke though.  Why not try to get what you can if your coach isnt gonna play him.

Yeah I mena it's clear that ETN is the better player. If he was only going to get 6-8 touches a game for the rest fo the year then why not take. 5th round pick for him? Ypu cna never have enough draft ammunition. We have a lot of holes to fill.

(10-24-2022, 08:55 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:53 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Agreed. If Snoop can be that short yard bruiser for us he could be really useful as we've had so many and 1's which we have made really hard work this year.

This is exactly the role I saw for him after his preseason runs. He hits the line full bore.

It was really hard to evaluate him being how bad our backup oline was. Emmit Smith couldnt of done [BLEEP] behind that oline

(10-24-2022, 08:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-24-2022, 08:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Multiple people have mentioned it already in this thread lol

No they havent because most people didnt know like you.  Quote the people that said it.  We all knew you would love this trade.
It’s been posted in other threads….

If the Jags weren’t planning resigning a guy who is coming off an Achilles injury, trading him for anything is a good move.

If JRob had never gotten hurt, this would be an atrocious trade but the fact is that he has the worst possible injury for a running back.

You’re gonna label me a JRob hater no matter what so why bother.