Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

(11-06-2022, 06:56 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 06:25 PM)cincyjacket Wrote: Fyi - Jrob was the lead ball carrier for the Jets today and they beat the Bills.

Woah woah

Ease up ik he was
.was a simple joke.....
Carter had more yards. He’s still playing change of pace up there as well

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-06-2022, 06:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote: ETN Cookin
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...7948508162

(11-06-2022, 06:37 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Urban left us one gift from his brief tenure.

And to think he actually wanted Kadarius Toney instead lololol

He wasn't alone in that one...
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(11-06-2022, 06:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 05:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Another 30 touches today after 27 last week. You could see the obvious wear and tear on him at the end of the game. He's a beast, but there's no way he can keep up that work load and stay healthy.

I say use him up. Don’t throw caution to the wind, of course, but RBs have a short shelf life. Trade him to another team in 3 years with dents, scratches and a Check Engine light on.

We're going to have to after letting Robinson go. I know it's a passing league and all that but I do think a good RB can make a good team a great team. D's are built to stop the pass now and are all about speed but a good RB makes it a lot easier for the pass game. Just take today, Jets ran for like 170 yards on Buffalo and won. Watching the Bucs-Rams game (woof its a stinker) and both RB's getting like 2 yards leaving them in constant 3rd and long.

I'm not saying the RB's are making a comeback but I think they are showing their value. 

That's the worry tho like you say, what's their shelf life and if you make a name of yourself, there will be a team ready to take a chance, even with the dents and scuffs.

(11-06-2022, 06:17 PM)WYjagsfan Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 06:13 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: Robinson who?

That's harsh. JRob has been arguably our best player for the last 3 years. The problem was he needs 20 carries a game to be at his best and he was never getting them in Doug's offense and especially with ETN playing like he is.

Was.... He didn't get the carries because ETN is better... And faster.... Don't get me wrong Love Robinson but ETN is better

I'd feel more comfortable with him at 18 to 20 carries instead of 22 to 25. It's a long season,but I understand the temptation. Guys a housecall waiting to happen.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2022, 09:03 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-06-2022, 06:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 06:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Don't get mad because you didn't like the pick and he's been a beast lol
ETN the player. Very good!

The value at taking an RB on a roster devoid of talent in the first round, bad value.

It’s not hard to comprehend but then again….

Cluless as usual and you will never get it. It was at the end of the first and he's an elite back.  A great player at any position outside of a punter and a kicker at the end of the first is a great pick.  Who should we have taken being it wasn't good value?  You wanted a gadget player in Rondale Moore yet you say Etienne wasn't good value lol, comical

ETNS not a RB. he's a premium player. Premium players at any field position transcend draft position.

(11-06-2022, 08:54 PM)jj82284 Wrote: ETNS not a RB.  he's a premium player.  Premium players at any field position transcend draft position.

He's not a RB? Oh

We needed good players regardless of position. He may be a great one. I’d like to get his carries down and get a few more catches.

(11-06-2022, 09:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 08:54 PM)jj82284 Wrote: ETNS not a RB.  he's a premium player.  Premium players at any field position transcend draft position.

He's not a RB? Oh

Weird...last time I checked....oh nevermind

I’ll take a blue chip runningback in round 1 compared to our usual busts at premium positions .

Draft Chris Rodriguez out of Kentucky. He's a relentless runner.

Could Etienne become just the 5th RB in franchise history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season? The 4 that have done it..

Taylor
Jones-Drew
Fournette
Robinson

Right now he has 680 yards rushing which puts him 16th all time in franchise history, just ahead of LaBrandon Toefield. 1,331 yards would move him into 10th all time in team history, which Mack currently holds. Etienne has 4 rushing TDs and 0 receiving so far with 8 games remaining. He’s also averaging right around 6 yards a pop.

I’m predicting somewhere around 1100 and 7 on the ground.

(11-06-2022, 11:24 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Could Etienne become just the 5th RB in franchise history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season? The 4 that have done it..

Taylor
Jones-Drew
Fournette
Robinson

Right now he has 680 yards rushing which puts him 16th all time in franchise history, just ahead of LaBrandon Toefield. 1,331 yards would move him into 10th all time in team history, which Mack currently holds. Etienne has 4 rushing TDs and 0 receiving so far with 8 games remaining. He’s also averaging right around 6 yards a pop.

I would expect a first round draft pick to outperform an undrafted free agent.

(11-07-2022, 04:36 AM)cincyjacket Wrote:
(11-06-2022, 11:24 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Could Etienne become just the 5th RB in franchise history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season? The 4 that have done it..

Taylor
Jones-Drew
Fournette
Robinson

I would expect a first round draft pick to outperform an undrafted free agent.

But would you expect a first round draft pick to average 6 carries a game for the first half of the season, only start to get a larger workload in week 7 and then still eclipse 1k? because ETN likely would be sniffing 1500-1600 yards maybe more had he been used the way we're using him now, from week 1. He's insane.

I don’t get why anyone is being stubborn if you didn’t like the pick that’s okay but move on the kids a stud and playing great ball, just be happy and enjoy it.

The dont-draft-RBs-early narrative is a pretty weird one. Etienne has already done more for us than Taven Bryan can ever dream of. Just draft good football players, period.

(11-06-2022, 09:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

He's not a RB? Oh

By that I mean, he's not just POSTIONAL VALUE he's a pro bowl take it to the house talent.  That transcends the conventional don't draft rb in the first round Montra.

I told you guys Etienne was a great pick. I also told you guys Christian McCaffrey would be a great pick.

I want credit!