Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2022, 06:35 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-08-2022, 05:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 05:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd take Lawrence Taylor and Reggie White over any WR

Those guys were monsters. Hard to argue against this. This is making me want to start an NFL All Time team in the other forum now. LOL.

Get some people together and do a ALl Time draft.  See what the teams would look like

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would like to see Snoop Connor get some 1st and 2nd down rushing attempts as well as some goal line attempts.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2022, 10:13 PM by Kane.)

Hey remember when pretty much all of us were super mad about the wasted pick lol yeah that was silly

(11-08-2022, 09:21 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I would like to see Snoop Connor get some 1st and 2nd down rushing attempts as well as some goal line attempts.

Why

(11-08-2022, 10:13 PM)Kane Wrote: Hey remember when pretty much all of us were super mad about the wasted pick lol yeah that was silly

I remember defending the pick and everyone telling me i'm dumb and how we should take Barmore or Teven Jenkins. lol

(11-08-2022, 11:55 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 10:13 PM)Kane Wrote: Hey remember when pretty much all of us were super mad about the wasted pick lol yeah that was silly

I remember defending the pick and everyone telling me i'm dumb and how we should take Barmore or Teven Jenkins. lol

You're still dumb, the pick was a waste of value for this team.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 12:35 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-09-2022, 12:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 11:55 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I remember defending the pick and everyone telling me i'm dumb and how we should take Barmore or Teven Jenkins. lol

Yes because we all know that a bottom tier DT / Below Average Tackle is better than the league leader in Yards per carry, who seemingly can't help but have a 100 yard game any time he's given more than 10 carries. 

ETN was leaps and bounds more talented than the rest of the guys who went in the first round after that pick. And a majority of the players all of you wanted were still there at the top of round 2, and we took Tyson Campbell who is a better player than all of them lmao.

And he's still just a running back. Even taking Tyson there would've given us contractual advantages but instead we got a short life player who's already lost one year of his career to injury.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 02:18 AM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-09-2022, 12:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And he's still just a running back. Even taking Tyson there would've given us contractual advantages but instead we got a short life player who's already lost one year of his career to injury.

Id rather have an elite player for 4 years than one of the guys everyone else wanted who look to be backup fodder but maybe thats just me

While we tend to never agree on everything i guess at the very least you gotta admit. Meyer openly wanted kadarius toney and i think we can both agree that would have been a disaster

(11-09-2022, 02:14 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 12:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And he's still just a running back. Even taking Tyson there would've given us contractual advantages but instead we got a short life player who's already lost one year of his career to injury.

Id rather have an elite player for 4 years than one of the guys everyone else wanted who look to be backup fodder but maybe thats just me

While we tend to never agree on everything i guess at the very least you gotta admit. Meyer openly wanted kadarius toney and i think we can both agree that would have been a disaster

I agree with all that. 

Some people ignore the talent level of the individual player and focus solely on the position they play.  As if, when it's the Jags' turn to pick, they should go up to the commissioner and say, "with the 25th pick in the draft, we select WR."  They would ignore the talent level of Travis Etienne and just select whoever is the highest rated player at whatever position they value more than RB.  They would have passed on Quentin Nelson because he is a guard, they would have passed on Christian McCaffrey because he's a RB, and they would have passed on Devin Lloyd because he's an ILB.  They put position over talent.  They'd take the best available WR over the best available RB regardless of the actual talent level of the individual players.  

They've chosen this hill to die on- position is more important than talent.

Wow, you're ready to label a guy with a handful of starts that regularly gets run down from behind as elite while also [BLEEP] on a 23 year old QB anytime he shows growth struggles?

Yes Toney would've been awful. I don't think ETN is elite enough to to make a difference just because of his position, not because I dislike him or don't want him to do well. I just don't value RBs ahead of more important positions in the first round.unless they are going to a good team.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 08:10 AM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

RUN ETN Run.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022, 09:38 AM by Mikey.)

(11-08-2022, 09:21 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I would like to see Snoop Connor get some 1st and 2nd down rushing attempts as well as some goal line attempts.

why fix what isn't broken?

Why

won't say it's silly. It was a silly gamble. If he turned out to be the next CEH, missing on that pick sets us back yet again, especially if JRob ended up like he's been this season. It was a luxury pick, it did pan out. But you can't deny that considering the state of the franchise at the time it was chock full of risk.

We're extremely fortunate that the pick panned out as well (thusfar) as it has. Far too often we've been in that spot and the risk bit us in the backside.

(11-08-2022, 11:55 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:

"remember when it was about me?"

(11-09-2022, 09:34 AM)Mikey Wrote:

why fix what isn't broken?

Why

won't say it's silly. It was a silly gamble. If he turned out to be the next CEH, missing on that pick sets us back yet again, especially if JRob ended up like he's been this season. It was a luxury pick, it did pan out. But you can't deny that considering the state of the franchise at the time it was chock full of risk.

We're extremely fortunate that the pick panned out as well (thusfar) as it has. Far too often we've been in that spot and the risk bit us in the backside.
Missing on the pick regardless of position would set us back the same.  There is no difference, a miss is a miss

(11-09-2022, 12:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-08-2022, 11:55 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I remember defending the pick and everyone telling me i'm dumb and how we should take Barmore or Teven Jenkins. lol

If ETN can stay healthy and continue his current rate of production. The pick was well worth it. Even if it is only for 4 seasons considering the lifespan of a RB in the current makeup of the NFL.

(11-09-2022, 11:06 AM)Jagsman Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 12:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You're still dumb, the pick was a waste of value for this team.

If ETN can stay healthy and continue his current rate of production. The pick was well worth it. Even if it is only for 4 seasons considering the lifespan of a RB in the current makeup of the NFL.
Agreed

(11-09-2022, 10:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 09:34 AM)Mikey Wrote: why fix what isn't broken?

Missing on the pick regardless of position would set us back the same.  There is no difference, a miss is a miss

That's oversimplifying it. The difference with the other players was that we had a 1000-yard RB on the roster and had holes practically everywhere else on the roster. THAT is the reason that so many were opposed to the choice. If the roster were in good health, you can afford to roll the dice. It worked out, this time

I'd contend that missing regardless of position would have different impact. If you have a decent RB and holes everywhere and miss, you end up with decent RB and holes everywhere. If you miss on other positions, you still have decent RB and a serviceable player where once you had a vacuum.

We could argue in circles as much as you wish, but the truth is there is so much potential butterfly effect after that pick that you can't say whether the risk was worth it or not. For example, take Teven, you don't take Little, you don't shell out FA money on Scherff, we can afford a true #1 receiver, and maybe find someone comparable at RB later; take Barmore, no Tufele, maybe no Fatukasi, Walker and Allen start seeing more sacks.

It's all speculative. Again, we rolled the dice, and it came up in our favor for once. Glad it did. Too often it hasn't.

(11-09-2022, 11:06 AM)Jagsman Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 12:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You're still dumb, the pick was a waste of value for this team.

I wonder how many elite WRs stay on the team that drafted them after 4 or 5 seasons?

(11-09-2022, 11:25 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 10:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Missing on the pick regardless of position would set us back the same.  There is no difference, a miss is a miss

That's oversimplifying it. The difference with the other players was that we had a 1000-yard RB on the roster and had holes practically everywhere else on the roster. THAT is the reason that so many were opposed to the choice. If the roster were in good health, you can afford to roll the dice. It worked out, this time

I'd contend that missing regardless of position would have different impact. If you have a decent RB and holes everywhere and miss, you end up with decent RB and holes everywhere. If you miss on other positions, you still have decent RB and a serviceable player where once you had a vacuum.

We could argue in circles as much as you wish, but the truth is there is so much potential butterfly effect after that pick that you can't say whether the risk was worth it or not. For example, take Teven, you don't take Little, you don't shell out FA money on Scherff, we can afford a true #1 receiver, and maybe find someone comparable at RB later; take Barmore, no Tufele, maybe no Fatukasi, Walker and Allen start seeing more sacks.

It's all speculative. Again, we rolled the dice, and it came up in our favor for once. Glad it did. Too often it hasn't.

A miss is a miss.  You can find elite WRs in the 2nd or 3rd just like you can a RB.  Take the best player and trust your board.  I'm glad we took ETN over Taven and didn't draft for need and went BPA and stuck to our board.