Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence: Franchise QB (TL Discussion, Merged Threads)

Love it!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2023, 12:39 AM)enigma Wrote: With EVERYTHING, and I mean everything, going against us in this game - Lawrence and the boys never folded under pressure.

Thats the sign of a true FRANCHISE QB. This is his second year doing this (well, really his first after the Urbz debacle) and our future is very bright.

4 turnovers and a bevy of terrible calls/non-calls by the officials - and we still won this playoff game.

LETS GO DUVAL

See that's the diference I see between Trevor and all of the other QB we have tried to install as "the man". We'd get down in a hole, and the QB would assure the team to keep their chin up, we got this, and the entire team would just see it as lip service. With Trevor, they know. And they bust their tails to get it.

You see that with all the franchise QBs - Brady, Rodgers, Mohomey, down the line. Never was a thing for Bort, Gabby, heck, even Lefty or Jerrard.

It's so darn refreshing.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2023, 09:08 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-17-2023, 08:58 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-15-2023, 12:39 AM)enigma Wrote: With EVERYTHING, and I mean everything, going against us in this game - Lawrence and the boys never folded under pressure.

Thats the sign of a true FRANCHISE QB. This is his second year doing this (well, really his first after the Urbz debacle) and our future is very bright.

4 turnovers and a bevy of terrible calls/non-calls by the officials - and we still won this playoff game.

LETS GO DUVAL

See that's the diference I see between Trevor and all of the other QB we have tried to install as "the man". We'd get down in a hole, and the QB would assure the team to keep their chin up, we got this, and the entire team would just see it as lip service. With Trevor, they know. And they bust their tails to get it.

You see that with all the franchise QBs - Brady, Rodgers, Mohomey, down the line. Never was a thing for Bort, Gabby, heck, even Lefty or Jerrard.

It's so darn refreshing.

Yep. 110% agreed. He's got that "dog" in him as the kids say these days. There's no doubt anymore. No lead is safe with this kid as our QB. The fact that he's capable of calling those audibles and hitting huge plays like he did with Zay Jones last week is fantastic. Keep in mind. This kid hasn't even officially reached his 35th career NFL start. That will be this Saturday. 

Look at all the [BLEEP] he's had to endure during his first 17. Now look at how much he's shined, flourished, made mistakes, corrected said mistakes and overcame obstacles just in one season with a new system and cast of players. He's [BLEEP] special man. He's living up to the hype. Future is bright here. Just have to keep building around him.

Pederson is a great football coach. One of the best offensive minds in the game. He gets credit as well. However, he's not here unless he had the opportunity to work with Lawrence. It was like giving a world class driver the fastest car in the garage, just needed a little TLC and some fine tuning and man he's done it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He's the youngest QB left in the playoffs and the oldest is Dak at 29. Young guns taking over.

Crazy times man

(01-17-2023, 12:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He's the youngest QB left in the playoffs and the oldest is Dak at 29. Young guns taking over.

Crazy times man

As Tom Brady shakes a palsied and liver-spotted fist.

(01-17-2023, 12:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: He's the youngest QB left in the playoffs and the oldest is Dak at 29. Young guns taking over.

Crazy times man

Long term the AFC is going to be intense:

Mahomes (27)
Allen (26)
Burrow (26)
Trevor (23)
Herbert (24)
Lamar (26)

Then there's:

Watson (27)
Pickett (24)
Tua (24)
Mac (24)

NFC you're looking at:

Hurts (24)
Dak (29)
Purdy (23)
Jones (25)
Goff (28)
Cousins? (34)

The AFC QBs are ridiculous. But NFC has the better defenses right now.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-17-2023, 01:00 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Crazy times man

Mahomes (27)
Allen (26)
Burrow (26)
Trevor (23)
Herbert (24)
Lamar (26)

Then there's:

Watson (27)
Pickett (24)
Tua (24)
Mac (24)

NFC you're looking at:

Hurts (24)
Dak (29)
Purdy (23)
Jones (25)
Goff (28)
Cousins? (34)

They’ll all bend the knee soon.

i can say when the tank started in 2019, i didn't think we would be in position for Lawrence after Minshew rookie season. then we totally screwed up in the draft with Henderson and Chaisson. and well Minshew did Minshew things and we lost 15 straight and we might just do this. and now here we are. his rookie season he showed glimpses and urban happened. now we have a real coach and Trevor is ascending into the elite category.

(01-17-2023, 02:22 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 01:00 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Long term the AFC is going to be intense:

Mahomes (27)
Allen (26)
Burrow (26)
Trevor (23)
Herbert (24)
Lamar (26)

Then there's:

Watson (27)
Pickett (24)
Tua (24)
Mac (24)

NFC you're looking at:

Hurts (24)
Dak (29)
Purdy (23)
Jones (25)
Goff (28)
Cousins? (34)

They’ll all bend the knee soon.

KING OF DA SOUF

(01-17-2023, 01:00 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Crazy times man

Mahomes (27)
Allen (26)
Burrow (26)
Trevor (23)
Herbert (24)
Lamar (26)

Then there's:

Watson (27)
Pickett (24)
Tua (24)
Mac (24)

NFC you're looking at:

Hurts (24)
Dak (29)
Purdy (23)
Jones (25)
Goff (28)
Cousins? (34)

Crazy that Lamar is only 26 and people talking like he's on his way out/getting worn down. Maybe he is, but still, only 26! Same with Deshaun Watson only 27, I feel like he was on the Texans for a decade lol. So many young, great QBs.

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2023, 05:02 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...7454436358
https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...8450798615

(01-17-2023, 06:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 04:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...7454436358
The Prince!

That was promised!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-17-2023, 04:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...7454436358

This is the value of experience.  Even though he's only 23, Trevor has played a lot of high-level, high-stakes football.

(01-18-2023, 07:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

This is the value of experience.  Even though he's only 23, Trevor has played a lot of high-level, high-stakes football.

Yepper. That explains the interaction Doug had with him on the sideline after the play. Pointing to his head saying "Smart, smart". Gotta love it. 

So, essentially the kid had the worst half of football you could ever fathom. Then, he comes back in the 2nd half and calls an audible on a huge strike to Zay Jones and then sees he has that 2 PT conversion of his own in the bag. 

The kid is shaking off the demons and stink that carried over with him from last year thanks to Urban Miller. It's [BLEEP] exceptional. We're going to beat the Chiefs this Saturday.... 

[BLEEP] it. I said.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-17-2023, 06:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
The Prince!

(01-17-2023, 08:16 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 06:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: The Prince!

That was promised!

BEND THE KNEE!!!!!

(01-14-2023, 10:30 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I rest my case.
Sup [BLEEP].

Change that profile pic

There was a lot of talk from some posters saying Trevor didn't have it up stairs, that he wasn't mentally strong. Well, if you aren't mentally strong, you aren't going to come back and have a near perfect 2nd half, after just having the literal worst 1st half in history.

So if any of you still had any doubt (and honestly you shouldn't of had any at this point anymore to begin with), this past Saturday's game should have completely erased all of those doubts. The dude is the full package.

(01-17-2023, 08:16 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 06:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: The Prince!

That was promised!

[Image: honor-bowdown.gif]

(01-18-2023, 04:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 10:30 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: I rest my case.
Sup [BLEEP].

Change that profile pic

Might I suggest:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqykj0DALhhrz44EKeA4s...Q&usqp=CAU]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato