Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Day Thread - Divisional Round - Jaguars @ chefs ***

Very good game. Proud of the Jags. Refs made a couple of bad calls but I'm not sure they changed the outcome much.
We'll get a couple of new faces at OG and run the table next year.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm pleased with s the way the Jags improved this year.  Considering where they were last year this has been a great year.

(01-21-2023, 08:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Game was over the minute they let Henne lead a 99 yard drive on them.

That dropped int was the game.  Instead Henne continues driving for a TD.

(01-21-2023, 08:36 PM)CSTblank Wrote: [BLEEP] hate the Chiefs. Always a NFL darling standing in our way. Patriots and now Chiefs. So frustrating. Better figure out a way to fix the holes on this team if we want any hope next season. 5 consecutive AFC championships? Get out of here

They've had the benefit of playing in a bad division. We now actually have that same advantage, hopefully we'll take it the same way they have.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We are officially a contender. It's been a long time since we could say that.

(01-21-2023, 08:36 PM)jagboss Wrote: Defense really needs help

AND the offensive line.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

You can tell which posters here haven't been following the Jags for too long..

This club lost by a TD, in KC..

The kind of fight this team displayed for the last half of the season has been an extreme rarity. Much to be proud and hopeful about.

Go Jags!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-21-2023, 08:16 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I thought it was a clear fumble.

It was...but if you give the league and the ref's a chance you're [BLEEP]

(01-21-2023, 08:37 PM)mikesez Wrote: Very good game.  Proud of the Jags.  Refs made a couple of bad calls but I'm not sure they changed the outcome much.
We'll get a couple of new faces at OG and run the table next year.

The refs did just enough to give the Chiefs the edge they didn't need. Was one sided.

But when you can't stop Chad Henne, you aren't going to win the game.

The Chiefs lines were just better than ours. The team also has too many missed chances and stupid mistakes. We are a young team so it's to be expected. Hopefully we can improve in the offseason.

Good season crushing lost
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

This game looks differently if:

Campbell or Oluokon get a pick.

Kirk catches that bomb.

Agnew doesnt fumble.

Lawrence doesnt throw a pick.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The amount of money and draft capital we have tied up in both our lines, and they both got completely dominated. We had zero pass rush again.
Interior OLine needs to be a priority though, not sure how they can fix it with the current cap space.

We need more big bodies.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I don’t know about y’all, but I’m proud as hell right now. Considering from where this team arose in one season, they played at their absolute limit against a seasoned championship club.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2023, 08:43 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

What’s up with Schefter tweeting during the commercial break of the 2 minute warning that the AFC championship would be either in KC or ATL. I know the probability was low, but the game was still in question.

Felt bad for my youngest he caught the Jaguar fever this year at the same we age I was in 95 when we came out. His little 9 year old hurt broke he's in tears and I'm trying to tell him it ok it was a good season
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-21-2023, 08:42 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don’t know about y’all, but I’m proud as hell right now. Considering from where this team arose in one season, they played at their absolute limit against a seasoned championship club.

Well said!

Next year we host this game in DUUUUUVAL! Great season considering we started 2-6.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Agnew doesn’t fumble and I’m convinced they win this game.

What a season. From 3-7 to losing to the Chiefs in the 2nd round? Sign me up for that.

My favorite season ever I think.