Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade for Calvin Ridley

So looking forward to Ridley. Really good move by Baalke and seemed to catch the rest of the league off guard. Our WR is one the strongest in the league right now and gives Lawrence the weapons he needs.

The other thing I like is as we have a deep WR room, we can work Ridley in and back to game speed. He doesn't have to start day 1 as our main and only weapon.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Funny how timing changes things.

imagine a world where, we trade for Ridley TODAY during free agency.. everyone likely loves our free agency off that alone. But since it happened so long ago now, it dosen't feel like it's apart of this offseason even tho it's the same result considering when he can actually play.

(03-14-2023, 03:50 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Funny how timing changes things.

imagine a world where, we trade for Ridley TODAY during free agency.. everyone likely loves our free agency off that alone. But since it happened so long ago now, it dosen't feel like it's apart of this offseason even tho it's the same result considering when he can actually play.
Baalke made the best move of the entire 2023 off season DURING the 2022 season.

This WR draft class and FA class is so weak.

(03-14-2023, 04:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Absolutely agree, love Ridley.

(03-14-2023, 04:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

There are some gems in the draft class. No super top end guys, but there is some nice mid to late round talent.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-14-2023, 07:29 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 04:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Baalke made the best move of the entire 2023 off season DURING the 2022 season.

There are some gems in the draft class. No super top end guys, but there is some nice mid to late round talent.
Sure.

But this is the weakest WR FA and draft class in some time.

(03-14-2023, 07:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 07:29 PM)Dimson Wrote: There are some gems in the draft class. No super top end guys, but there is some nice mid to late round talent.
Sure.

But this is the weakest WR FA and draft class in some time.
That I can agree with. Oof!

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2023, 03:02 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ridley is great and I'm looking forward to seeing him play, but considering we already had 3 highly paid 1000 yard receivers, and considering that's very scarce in the league at the moment, I wonder if we could trade one of them to get a new starter at guard or center. Player for player trades are really rare though. I wonder why that is.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-15-2023, 03:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: Ridley is great and I'm looking forward to seeing him play, but considering we already had 3 highly paid 1000 yard receivers, and considering that's very scarce in the league at the moment, I wonder if we could trade one of them to get a new starter at guard or center.  Player for player trades are really rare though.  I wonder why that is.

We have 3 highly paid 1,000 yard WRs?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(03-16-2023, 09:34 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-15-2023, 03:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: Ridley is great and I'm looking forward to seeing him play, but considering we already had 3 highly paid 1000 yard receivers, and considering that's very scarce in the league at the moment, I wonder if we could trade one of them to get a new starter at guard or center.  Player for player trades are really rare though.  I wonder why that is.

No. The Jags don’t hahaha

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2023, 12:45 PM by mikesez. Edited 3 times in total.)

(03-16-2023, 09:34 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Engram and Zay were close enough in my book. Weren't the TV guys all flashing this statistic of how many yards the Jags receivers all had towards the end of the season? Thought they were saying they got to 1000. Guess I remembered that wrong.

I still feel the same way though. With Ridley on the roster, I'd trade Kirk or Zay for a top 5 guard or center, if I could. Not that they're expendable, but there's probably a few teams that need one of them more than we do.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I consider 1200 yds the new 1000 yds in today's passing centric NFL with 17 games

If the defenses shade over on Ridley then Kirk will go off. If they shade over Kirk then CRid will go off. If they play head up then both will go off. Add in Engram, Etienne, Zay Jones and Lawrence and this is a high octane offense. Don’t forget Swagnew gives us a spark here and there. Wow.

(03-17-2023, 03:44 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If the defenses shade over on Ridley then Kirk will go off. If they shade over Kirk then CRid will go off. If they play head up then both will go off. Add in Engram, Etienne, Zay Jones and Lawrence and this is a high octane offense. Don’t forget Swagnew gives us a spark here and there. Wow.

Yeah. Just as long as the offensive line can hold up. That's my biggest concern man. I am starting to turn into Olinematters around here. It's scary but it has it's merit. 

[Image: savingprivateryan-ww2.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We need the finishing touches in this years draft to help solidify the jags this 2023 season.

(03-17-2023, 04:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-17-2023, 03:44 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: If the defenses shade over on Ridley then Kirk will go off. If they shade over Kirk then CRid will go off. If they play head up then both will go off. Add in Engram, Etienne, Zay Jones and Lawrence and this is a high octane offense. Don’t forget Swagnew gives us a spark here and there. Wow.

Yeah. Just as long as the offensive line can hold up. That's my biggest concern man. I am starting to turn into Olinematters around here. It's scary but it has it's merit. 

I imagine we will be looking for interior linemen in the draft, leave Cam and Little at the two tackle spots and beef up the middle. Actually, I suspect the first 3-4 rounds of the draft will heavily be centered around the interior of both the offense and defensive lines respectively.

(03-17-2023, 10:33 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(03-17-2023, 04:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. Just as long as the offensive line can hold up. That's my biggest concern man. I am starting to turn into Olinematters around here. It's scary but it has it's merit. 

I imagine we will be looking for interior linemen in the draft, leave Cam and Little at the two tackle spots and beef up the middle. Actually, I suspect the first 3-4 rounds of the draft will heavily be centered around the interior of both the offense and defensive lines respectively.
100%. Unless they get Gotsis and Smoot back. They're going to have to double dip in the draft. Same for the line on offense. I have no confidence in Bartch nor Scherff for the long term. Fortner needs to be adding 10 pounds to the barbell every 2 weeks this summer in the weight room.

I still think Little needs to be at LT. Robinson's extension was a mistake. Needs to be accepted and he can either play LG or compete with a rookie for RT. I don't give a [BLEEP]. His technique is lazy and sloppy. Whiffs way too damn much over there even when he's healthy.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-17-2023, 11:32 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-17-2023, 10:33 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I imagine we will be looking for interior linemen in the draft, leave Cam and Little at the two tackle spots and beef up the middle. Actually, I suspect the first 3-4 rounds of the draft will heavily be centered around the interior of both the offense and defensive lines respectively.
100%. Unless they get Gotsis and Smoot back. They're going to have to double dip in the draft. Same for the line on offense. I have no confidence in Bartch nor Scherff for the long term. Fortner needs to be adding 10 pounds to the barbell every 2 weeks this summer in the weight room.

I still think Little needs to be at LT. Robinson's extension was a mistake. Needs to be accepted and he can either play LG or compete with a rookie for RT. I don't give a [BLEEP]. His technique is lazy and sloppy. Whiffs way too damn much over there even when he's healthy.

I agree that Little should play LT. He is much better at LT than RT.

(03-18-2023, 10:37 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-17-2023, 11:32 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 100%. Unless they get Gotsis and Smoot back. They're going to have to double dip in the draft. Same for the line on offense. I have no confidence in Bartch nor Scherff for the long term. Fortner needs to be adding 10 pounds to the barbell every 2 weeks this summer in the weight room.

I agree that Little should play LT. He is much better at LT than RT.
He was. Clear as day. He stood out to me in the Jets game in particular. First official start on the year, short week after stepping in for the Cowboys game at home.

He just seems to get off the ball faster and out more quickly in run blocking over there. It's just a shame we couldn't figure out a way to get him out there full time in some capacity.

LG would have maybe been ideal but it takes time plus you risk losing a swing tackle so I get it.