Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rourke deserves to get a shot at the 2s after that performance.

Well, like that alot
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-30-2023, 12:39 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Rourke was unclaimed, and he's signing up for the practice squad. 

All that handwringing for nothing.

Lol shocker... Laughing

It is a great opportunity for him to develop and learn our system.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Glad he cleared waivers

(08-30-2023, 04:01 PM)Newton Wrote: Glad he cleared waivers

yep, you and me both
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Practice squad players can be added to any team's active roster at any time, right? It usually doesn't happen but it can happen.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-31-2023, 11:53 AM)mikesez Wrote: Practice squad players can be added to any team's active roster at any time, right?  It usually doesn't happen but it can happen.

Teams can protect/shield up to 4 PS players from poaching. They can alter that list of four weekly throughout the season.

(08-31-2023, 11:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 11:53 AM)mikesez Wrote: Practice squad players can be added to any team's active roster at any time, right?  It usually doesn't happen but it can happen.

Teams can protect/shield up to 4 PS players from poaching. They can alter that list of four weekly throughout the season.

Yes, they can on Tuesday thru Sunday. Monday everyone is fair game?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2023, 12:44 PM by homebiscuit.)

(08-31-2023, 11:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Good for the teams, bad for the players. I would be a little bitter if a team wanted to sign me to their roster but was prevented by the team that holds my PS tender.

Wonder if the Chiefs and Bengals have 8 page threads about their 3rd string QB

(08-31-2023, 01:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Wonder if the Chiefs and Bengals have 8 page threads about their 3rd string QB

Did their 3rd string quarterbacks make a play that topped every highlight reel in the nation for 2 weeks?

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2023, 02:00 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-31-2023, 01:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 01:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Wonder if the Chiefs and Bengals have 8 page threads about their 3rd string QB

Did their 3rd string quarterbacks make a play that topped every highlight reel in the nation for 2 weeks?

Dang, if you love the fact that a QB can actually have a highlight, you'll love this dude.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/tim-tebow-car...-throwback

(08-31-2023, 01:59 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 01:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Did their 3rd string quarterbacks make a play that topped every highlight reel in the nation for 2 weeks?

Dang, if you love the fact that a QB can actually have a highlight, you'll love this dude.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/tim-tebow-car...-throwback

Did a Canadian steal your girl?  

He had a successful college career albeit at a mid major and not a power 5 but still.  He had a very successful time in the CFL, short but  very successful.  He has a quick release, can read a defense, very athletic and is fearless.  His knocks are arm strength.  Very much worth taking a chance to develop him and put him on the practice squad.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2023, 04:53 PM by I am Yoda.)

(08-30-2023, 04:01 PM)Newton Wrote: Glad he cleared waivers

Same here. We need a #2 who has the skill and intangibles to win games if Trevor goes down (God forbid). We know Beathard ain’t that dude. He may be a good batman or majordomo. But his play inspires nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(08-31-2023, 12:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 11:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Teams can protect/shield up to 4 PS players from poaching. They can alter that list of four weekly throughout the season.

Yes, they can on Tuesday thru Sunday. Monday everyone is fair game?

Yes, it strangely doesn't get mentioned much in articles discussing practice squad rules, but the protection only starts on Tuesday which renders this protection nearly worthless.  I think the idea is that if you are game planning with a player, another team can't take him away mid-week and screw up your plans for Sunday.  However, it does not guarantee a player will remain on your practice squad for the year.  Every Monday, if a team offers Rourke a spot on their 53 man roster, Rourke can accept it if he wants and there's nothing the Jaguars can do to stop it.

(08-31-2023, 08:07 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 12:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Yes, they can on Tuesday thru Sunday. Monday everyone is fair game?

Yes, it strangely doesn't get mentioned much in articles discussing practice squad rules, but the protection only starts on Tuesday which renders this protection nearly worthless.  I think the idea is that if you are game planning with a player, another team can't take him away mid-week and screw up your plans for Sunday.  However, it does not guarantee a player will remain on your practice squad for the year.  Every Monday, if a team offers Rourke a spot on their 53 man roster, Rourke can accept it if he wants and there's nothing the Jaguars can do to stop it.

The ability to protect players beginning on Tuesday was put in during covid with the additional 6 guys. That way injuries from the previous week can be evaluated and you can game plan without losing someone at the last minute. I guess they figure you have enough time to get someone off the street if the guy is taken on Monday.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

not gonna lie, really dislike letting Rourke go, had he stuck around and went off next year in preseason we mighta got a trade for him.

(08-31-2023, 09:49 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: not gonna lie, really dislike letting Rourke go, had he stuck around and went off next year in preseason we mighta got a trade for him.

lol hes on our PS..

(08-31-2023, 09:49 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: not gonna lie, really dislike letting Rourke go, had he stuck around and went off next year in preseason we mighta got a trade for him.

He's still on the team (practice squad).  The question is whether he remains.  As I stated earlier, another team could sign him to their 53 man roster and if Rourke wants to go, we can't stop him.

The good thing is that quarterbacks aren't "plug and play".  It's a position where its very important to know the play book.  As such, many teams will turn to their own practice squad quarterback when injuries occur instead of plucking one off of another team.

(08-31-2023, 08:07 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 12:25 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Yes, they can on Tuesday thru Sunday. Monday everyone is fair game?

That makes sense. 

Coaches get the injury report from the training staff Monday morning and begin game planning Monday evening, so they should have a good idea by Tuesday what roster spots they may need to have extra depth in case someone isn't healthy enough to play the following game.