Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 4 talk: Atlanta vs Jax

(09-25-2023, 01:00 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(09-24-2023, 11:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://blackandteal.com/posts/jaguars-n...oss-texans

Doug has already said he did not take over play calling in the third quarter.

J.P. Shadrick on X: "Doug Pederson said he did not take over playcalling in the third quarter #Jaguars" / X (twitter.com)
So if he was upset with the play calling and really took over you think we would of just threw Press under the bus?  I'm not sure he would do that.  Someone told Mia he took over, not sure who it was but it would be nice to know.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-25-2023, 01:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 01:00 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Doug has already said he did not take over play calling in the third quarter.

J.P. Shadrick on X: "Doug Pederson said he did not take over playcalling in the third quarter #Jaguars" / X (twitter.com)
So if he was upset with the play calling and really took over you think we would of just threw Press under the bus?  I'm not sure he would do that.  Someone told Mia he took over, not sure who it was but it would be nice to know.

Yeah...ok. Never mind that the play calls looked EXCACTLY the same in the second half, it was totally a coach switch that caused players to catch the damn ball. Did they switch back in the 4th when they suddenly couldn't do [BLEEP] again? Or was that on Doug and his "Calling But Not Really Calling" strategy?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-25-2023, 01:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 01:00 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Doug has already said he did not take over play calling in the third quarter.

The difference between these two situations is a "league source" told Mia Doug took over, whereas Doug came out and said he didn't take over.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 02:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-25-2023, 01:33 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 01:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So if he was upset with the play calling and really took over you think we would of just threw Press under the bus?  I'm not sure he would do that.  Someone told Mia he took over, not sure who it was but it would be nice to know.

The difference between these two situations is a "league source" told Mia Doug took over, whereas Doug came out and said he didn't take over.

I understand that.  I was saying if Doug really was upset with Press's playcalling would he throw Press under the bus and tell the media he took over play calling in the 3rd.

(09-25-2023, 01:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 01:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So if he was upset with the play calling and really took over you think we would of just threw Press under the bus?  I'm not sure he would do that.  Someone told Mia he took over, not sure who it was but it would be nice to know.

Yeah...ok. Never mind that the play calls looked EXCACTLY the same in the second half, it was totally a coach switch that caused players to catch the damn ball. Did they switch back in the 4th when they suddenly couldn't do [BLEEP] again? Or was that on Doug and his "Calling But Not Really Calling" strategy?

Us not being able to catch the ball is nothing new.  We led the league last year in drops and the year before if i remember correctly.  Regardless of who was calling the plays if you score zero points and come out the second half and the play calling is exactly the same there is a problem.  No halftime adjustments.  Drops are just another 1 of many problems that we have had for years

Prisco just said T Law missed Engram wide open twice for a TD deep and checked it down

Sheesh smh

Is it safe to come back on here yet? Have we calmed down a bit since yesterday? A bad loss yesterday but not a 'sky is falling' loss. Still an awful lot of football to go and we have plenty to work on but this is still a talented team. We beat ourselves yesterday and seeing how angry Doug was after the game, I feel confident we will get things back on track. 

This isn't a SB ready, superstar loaded roster, we did as well as we did last year through hard work and playing as a team. We are young and learning and will have the crazy ups and inconceivable downs but this team hasn't suddenly become a bad team in 2 weeks.

(09-25-2023, 04:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Prisco just said T Law missed Engram wide open twice for a TD deep and checked it down
Missed Kirk plenty of times also

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(09-25-2023, 06:41 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 04:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Prisco just said T Law missed Engram wide open twice for a TD deep and checked it down
Missed Kirk plenty of times also

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

I seen that.  The commentators pointed the one out when he was wide open and looks like it could have been a possible TD as well.  Everyone needs to play better.  Etieene was our best player yesterday

Will be interesting to see if the reports are true that Doug is retaking the offensive play calling this week. Should be fairly easy to find out if the problem was the players, or press taylor.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 07:29 PM by carp8dm. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-25-2023, 01:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

This is absolutely and objectively not true.

You can't just go around every thread and post wishful thinking and assume that it will become reality. That's not how this works. Anyone that has an internet connection can see that the play calling and formations in the 1st half were completely different than the second half of the Houston game.

(09-25-2023, 07:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: 1010XL started the 7:00 hour with the Sound of Silence.

“Hello darkness my old friend.”

Sigh…

Aiden Hutchinson had another good day yesterday, btw. Our O line is hot garbage. Anyone doubting the brilliance of Baalke, yet?

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1562036

Those [BLEEP]'s took my line..

God bless 'em

(09-25-2023, 07:38 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 07:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: 1010XL started the 7:00 hour with the Sound of Silence.

“Hello darkness my old friend.”

Sigh…

Aiden Hutchinson had another good day yesterday, btw. Our O line is hot garbage. Anyone doubting the brilliance of Baalke, yet?

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1562036

God bless 'em

They have been playing that for years

ATL has a better dline than the Texans and will ruin this offense’s day.

(09-25-2023, 07:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 07:38 PM)carp8dm Wrote: https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1562036

God bless 'em

I don't know why but the Prosser melt down the day after a loss always makes me feel better. He puts my emotions into words
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-25-2023, 08:04 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 07:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They have been playing that for years

I don't know why but the Prosser melt down the day after a loss always makes me feel better. He puts my emotions into words

Agreed 100% lol.  He let's it out and usually says how I feel

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 08:10 PM by carp8dm.)

(09-25-2023, 07:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 07:38 PM)carp8dm Wrote: https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1562036

God bless 'em

I'm just gonna have this thing anyways.  I need a win.

(09-25-2023, 08:04 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 07:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: They have been playing that for years

(09-25-2023, 08:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 08:04 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I don't know why but the Prosser melt down the day after a loss always makes me feel better. He puts my emotions into words

Agreed 100% lol.  He let's it out and usually says how I feel

I don't know...  Hicken is my spirit animal...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVnHJc0Z...WL&index=8

(09-25-2023, 08:08 PM)carp8dm Wrote:

I'm just gonna have this thing anyways.  I need a win.

(09-25-2023, 08:04 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I don't know why but the Prosser melt down the day after a loss always makes me feel better. He puts my emotions into words

(09-25-2023, 08:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed 100% lol.  He let's it out and usually says how I feel

I don't know...  Hicken is my spirit animal...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVnHJc0Z...WL&index=8

I always miss Hicken since he doesn't come on until 7. I tune in on the drive to open up at 6 and I'm up and running by 7
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023, 09:25 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

It's sad when you watch other games week after week, year after year and you always see mid to late round rookies shine. When is the last time we have have had a good mid to late round rookie play at a high level? Just play good even. Hell, when is the last good player we drafted in the 4th or later? Telvin Smith? 9 years ago