Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Relax. Jags are still a playoff team.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 05:32 PM by Protozoa.)

(11-12-2023, 05:22 PM)Ordar Wrote: Stroud has played consistently better than Trevor has ever played.
Doug keeps Press calling plays so he can get fired like in Philly

Really when has Stroud played better than anyone but Mahomes? Cause Lawrence did it from week 9 on last year and was the top QB in the NFL for December. I am starting to worry about your second point though as I really think Pederson is a top coach but his stubbornness is going to cost him soon.

(11-12-2023, 05:15 PM)jaglyn Wrote: How come Stroud never gets sacked?

Because his team actually care about protecting him.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't want to sound overly pessimistic, I think we can still get in the playoffs cause after all if we win against Titans and Texans (and it's a big if against Houston) we are basically in.
But I think this team has too many issues on offense that after 10 weeks can't simply be ignored when you go against certain opponents.
It al starts from the OL which impacts playcalling, run game and QB play.
You can get away with quick passes and screens and some intermediate throws when the defense keeps giving you short fields or forces turnovers.
Under normal circumstances this group hasn't shown to be able to find a rhythm, to dropback and let plays develop.
We struggle mightily once in the RZ or in FG range, we lack big guys to throw it up to and our playcalling choices on short yardage are often questionable.
I think those are big issues that are hard to fix at this point in time, if you haven't fixed those after a bye week I don't know when you will.
Hopefully things start changing but they need to change fast.

(11-12-2023, 05:29 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: The way of the Jaguar is to torture the fans. Did we believe we were set at offensive line this year? The front office did what they did and no the team is what it is.

Could I see the Texans taking the division? Sure can because that is a very #becausejaguars thing to do. I really, really hope this offense snaps out of this 2023 dull drums and actually does something.

The thing that sucks most about the O-line is that we used those picks on a TE and an RB the could very well have been used for offensive live upgrades. At least Strange has been a virtual non-factor. Bigsby seems to be directly involved when the worst things happen for this offense.

Trust in his receivers. He just let's the ball loose and his recievers run their route to the ball. For some reason Trevor has zero trust. He holds the ball waiting for them to get visibly open rather than trust they will complete their route and be open.

(11-12-2023, 05:42 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:

Trust in his receivers. He just let's the ball loose and his recievers run their route to the ball. For some reason Trevor has zero trust. He holds the ball waiting for them to get visibly open rather than trust they will complete their route and be open.

I mean, you can find plays where he should have let it fly and you can find plays when he totally trusts his guy.
There was a whole highlight reel posted showing all the throws that he made when the ball was released before the receiver came uncovered after the London trip. Pretty impressive stuff actually. But it hasn't been consistent. 

I think the fact that he's often under pressure in under 2 seconds is getting into his head and causing some hesitation and poor decisions now - moreso than it was early in the year. Let's not forget he's playing on a torn MCL with a brace - and he came up gimpy after a second quarter sack today when his cleat got hung up on the turf while going down. 

He makes mistakes that can't be blamed on anyone but him - put I think it's wise to consider the cumulative effect the consistently poor protection is having on him right now.

It's crazy our offense hasn't improved in 10 weeks and our offense is worse than last year. Trevor also hasn't been as good as last year. It's time to start looking at the OC

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 05:56 PM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

Main thing is to not sack yourself. Trevor likes to run around in the pocket and runs into trouble half the time.. just check it down for once or throw it away.

The Jaguars are going to need to bounce back, we're tested this season in that way and it's on the coaches to come back out with some juice and change the narrative. If we don't then we won't be going to the playoffs this year and this thread is wrong. I don't see us getting in as a Wildcard unless we somehow beat Cincinnati or Baltimore.

Maybe it has something to with them constantly fumbling the ball in the red zone and being top 10 in drops this year. Maybe it has to do with the fact that they knock the ball in the air for INTs which he then gets blame for.

(11-12-2023, 05:42 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:

This is the biggest issue this year. I think the emphasis was changed this year to push the ball down field. Trevor has never been a great down field passer. He is starring down the deep WR. Then you can see him decide to throw the ball but then he hesitates for a split second and the rush is getting there or the DBs get there.

He sits in the pocket and looks uncomfortable. Then when he decides to try and escape, he looks like an old, slow pocket QB trying to run.

The guy is just in his head too much. Go back to what he is comfortable doing, let him move around, and let him make throws underneath.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(11-12-2023, 05:54 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Main thing is to not sack yourself.  Trevor likes to run around in the pocket and runs into trouble half the time.. just check it down for once or throw it away.

The Jaguars are going to need to bounce back,  we're tested this season in that way and it's on the coaches to come back out with some juice and change the narrative.  If we don't then we won't be going to the playoffs this year and this thread is wrong.  I don't see us getting in as a Wildcard unless we somehow beat Cincinnati or Baltimore.

He did that last year it's why he wasn't sacked much last year. Seems like the game plan is to throw deep which falls on Press. Lawrence needs to check down but Press needs to stop forcing things and play to what Lawrence does well.

Jags got outclassed today. Offense needs to figure it out.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 06:04 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-12-2023, 05:13 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Days like today shouldn't and don't happen to good teams.  Can always feel a slump and letdown game coming with this team and it always seems to happen at home.  Not that we can't play meaningful games in the future this season,  but we always gotta bounce back from some devastating loss and it stings as a fan to marinade in that all week.

So San Francisco's not a good team They went on a three-game losing streak

(11-12-2023, 05:13 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Days like today shouldn't and don't happen to good teams.  Can always feel a slump and letdown game coming with this team and it always seems to happen at home.  Not that we can't play meaningful games in the future this season,  but we always gotta bounce back from some devastating loss and it stings as a fan to marinade in that all week.

Oh and then I forget to mention the browns beating the Ravens.... Or Kansas City getting smoked by the Jets.... Your comment is kind of ignorant and as if you don't watch the NFL any team can win on any given day

(11-12-2023, 05:59 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 05:54 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Main thing is to not sack yourself.  Trevor likes to run around in the pocket and runs into trouble half the time.. just check it down for once or throw it away.

The Jaguars are going to need to bounce back,  we're tested this season in that way and it's on the coaches to come back out with some juice and change the narrative.  If we don't then we won't be going to the playoffs this year and this thread is wrong.  I don't see us getting in as a Wildcard unless we somehow beat Cincinnati or Baltimore.

He did that last year it's why he wasn't sacked much last year. Seems like the game plan is to throw deep which falls on Press. Lawrence needs to check down but Press needs to stop forcing things and play to what Lawrence does well.
Yep posted this just above. Go look at the routes run this year and you will see the void in the middle of the field. The offense isn't that different but the routes are focused too much on the sidelines and deep. They have got to stop this but they won't move away from it. Ridley can run routes in the middle and the rest of the WRs can play every position. No need to try and force a 1 deep threat WR when it isn't there and the offense doesn't need that to work.

(11-12-2023, 05:22 PM)Ordar Wrote: Stroud has played consistently better than Trevor has ever played.
Doug keeps Press calling plays so he can get fired like in Philly

Do you think Stroud can come back from a 27-point deficit probably not...and he lost to the Carolina Panthers so go sit down

I'm not apocalyptic like I was when we got toasted by the tin horns in week 3.  

After we got smoked by the tin horns, I realized this team isn't being coached properly by the offensive coaches.  There are people that insulted me for being so honest about our lack of offensive preperation based on the talent we have on the offense.

But you know what, I was right.

This team is a playoff team.  But we're not a S-bob.  We're not a super bowl or bust team.

Our QB who looked great last year under the HC is now regressing under a total dud OC.  And while our defense has really stepped up and looks like monsters, there's only so much they can do when you have an OC that is holding the offense back.

But it's fine.  You'll have people here that will bend over backwards to justifiy why our offense only scored 3 points is not the fault of the coaches on offense.

And I guess we'll all have to live with that type of gas lighting...  

We'll host a home playoff game.  That's good enough for me.  But don't ever tell me that I was wrong about the offensive coaching.   This coordinator that coaches the offense is out of his league, man.  He's trash.

So you're saying he's reckless That kind of thing when you get close to the playoffs or in the playoffs bites you in the [BLEEP]

(11-12-2023, 06:04 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 05:59 PM)Protozoa Wrote: He did that last year it's why he wasn't sacked much last year. Seems like the game plan is to throw deep which falls on Press. Lawrence needs to check down but Press needs to stop forcing things and play to what Lawrence does well.
Yep posted this just above. Go look at the routes run this year and you will see the void in the middle of the field. The offense isn't that different but the routes are focused too much on the sidelines and deep. They have got to stop this but they won't move away from it. Ridley can run routes in the middle and the rest of the WRs can play every position. No need to try and force a 1 deep threat WR when it isn't there and the offense doesn't need that to work.

They definitely installed more sideline routes this year - and rightfully so since they acquired a real X receiver. 
It is definitely not working out the way they planned though.
Between the pressure being quick and frequent and the acquired receiver getting bumped off routes it just hasn't come together often. It's fair to put some of it on Trevor, but he has hit some good ones to Ridley down the sideline and he's also thrown him several incompletions that way that drew a PI flag. So it's a mixed bag of results, but not as effective as they planned.

I been saying it for years.  Jags still don't have a franchise/superstar qb.   biggest part the superstar part. Trevor is highly overrated. the teal of doom has won games for us this season ,not the offense.  the defense has been the jags strengh for years ,even when the team is bad defense is strongest.   the other biggest problom today is san fran has 2 of the top 10 pass rushers on thier team  with bosa,and young.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(11-12-2023, 06:04 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 05:59 PM)Protozoa Wrote: He did that last year it's why he wasn't sacked much last year. Seems like the game plan is to throw deep which falls on Press. Lawrence needs to check down but Press needs to stop forcing things and play to what Lawrence does well.

Yup its predictable and Press doesn't seem to have the ability to draw up a good game plan.

The funny thing is Pederson feels Press should be a head coach but he would have had a better shot at it if Pederson would have kept playcalling. Lots of o coordinators who don't call plays have got head coaching jobs.

(11-12-2023, 06:02 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:

So San Francisco's not a good team They went on a three-game losing streak

Oh and then I forget to mention the browns beating the Ravens.... Or Kansas City getting smoked by the Jets.... Your comment is kind of ignorant and as if you don't watch the NFL any team can win on any given day

It's why they play the game.  Did SF lose by 31 at home or am I missing something?  Their worst loss was by 14 at home to the Bengals.  They missed a GW FG during their 3 game losing skid,  and a 5 point loss at Minnesota where they looked awful the entire game.  I get it, they bounced back,  that's what the Jaguars need to do.  Good teams do that.