Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Allen - Deal or No Deal (Done Deal!)

Josh Allen broke the record for most sacks in a season in Jaguars history with 15.5 sacks right before halftime.

He might continue adding to this record but I don't care what it takes, we NEED to pay Allen.

Tremendous player.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Deal !!!!!!

Back up the brinks truck for Josh Allen absolutely have to keep him above anyone else. I said it anyone else.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Coming off this year, how can you not break the bank for the dude. But part of me wonders if this contract year can be replicated. I guess we’ll ultimately find out.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(12-31-2023, 03:39 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Coming off this year, how can you not break the bank for the dude. But part of me wonders if this contract year can be replicated. I guess we’ll ultimately find out.

He's been consistent in the quality of his play, just getting more sacks this year, so the market will dictate his price goes up. Even if he only had 8 or 9 sacks this year he'd be a guy the Jags need to bring back.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2023, 04:31 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

Josh Allen holds the Jaguars single-season sack record

After the day he's had ...how can you not make him a deal?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2023, 05:02 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 3 times in total.)

6th multi-sack game of the season, and 3rd game with 3 sacks. (Had 2.5 sacks in another game) Allen is on his way to the Pro Bowl and probably an All-Pro selection. The Jaguars have no choice but to write him a fat check. He’s having the best defensive season in Jaguars History.

Yury Walker is now at 9 sacks. He looked amazing over the guard. Walker finished the game with 2 sacks.

Deal.

Not paying him TJ Watt money...but he's going to be close. The Jags need to solidify their changed culture and I think Josh Allen, a player drafted by the franchise...should be the linchpin of the defense for the next 4 -5 years. Worry about Trevor later.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

Pay him. This week if possible. Pay whatever it takes or another team will...

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

(12-31-2023, 04:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 03:39 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Coming off this year, how can you not break the bank for the dude. But part of me wonders if this contract year can be replicated. I guess we’ll ultimately find out.

He's been consistent in the quality of his play, just getting more sacks this year, so the market will dictate his price goes up. Even if he only had 8 or 9 sacks this year he'd be a guy the Jags need to bring back.

Prior to this year he’s actually been notoriously inconsistent. He’d have remarkable games like he did against Buffalo in ‘22 but then he’d have games where he would literally disappear, not even speaking of sacks. This year he’s looking much better. If he’s that guy consistently going forward, it’ll be money well spent.

Deal .... without a doubt

Pay the bloke

Congrats on your hard work paying off.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Yeah deal is in order. Top 3 money.

(12-31-2023, 05:44 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 04:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: He's been consistent in the quality of his play, just getting more sacks this year, so the market will dictate his price goes up. Even if he only had 8 or 9 sacks this year he'd be a guy the Jags need to bring back.

Prior to this year he’s actually been notoriously inconsistent. He’d have remarkable games like he did against Buffalo in ‘22 but then he’d have games where he would literally disappear, not even speaking of sacks. This year he’s looking much better. If he’s that guy consistently going forward, it’ll be money well spent.

Maybe I remember wrong, but I seem to recall him leading the team in pass rushing metrics for the last few seasons, just not converting a lot of them into sacks. However, even if that's not the case he's been a team leader with the right attitude and great ability for years. I've always said the team should bring him back, just in the past I hoped it would be for a more team friendly price.

At this point team friendly isn't going to mean the same thing it would have four months ago.

(12-31-2023, 05:44 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 04:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: He's been consistent in the quality of his play, just getting more sacks this year, so the market will dictate his price goes up. Even if he only had 8 or 9 sacks this year he'd be a guy the Jags need to bring back.

(12-31-2023, 07:02 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 05:44 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Prior to this year he’s actually been notoriously inconsistent. He’d have remarkable games like he did against Buffalo in ‘22 but then he’d have games where he would literally disappear, not even speaking of sacks. This year he’s looking much better. If he’s that guy consistently going forward, it’ll be money well spent.

Maybe I remember wrong, but I seem to recall him leading the team in pass rushing metrics for the last few seasons, just not converting a lot of them into sacks. However, even if that's not the case he's been a team leader with the right attitude and great ability for years. I've always said the team should bring him back, just in the past I hoped it would be for a more team friendly price.

At this point team friendly isn't going to mean the same thing it would have four months ago.

He may have but that might have been more of an indictment of our pass rush than a testament to his performance. He was good usually and occasionally great but it wasn’t until this year that he’s played consistently at a high level. I agree with paying him for his production this year. I’ll be a little nervous about him maintaining it coming off a contract year but we’ll likely find out.

(12-31-2023, 07:20 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 07:02 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Maybe I remember wrong, but I seem to recall him leading the team in pass rushing metrics for the last few seasons, just not converting a lot of them into sacks. However, even if that's not the case he's been a team leader with the right attitude and great ability for years. I've always said the team should bring him back, just in the past I hoped it would be for a more team friendly price.

He may have but that might have been more of an indictment of our pass rush than a testament to his performance. He was good usually and occasionally great but it wasn’t until this year that he’s played consistently at a high level. I agree with paying him for his production this year. I’ll be a little nervous about him maintaining it coming off a contract year but we’ll likely find out.

A good example of what I'm talking about is PFF grades for him. They've improved every year, they've always been good, with this rookie year getting a 68 grade, which put him above average, and the last two years he's been over 80, which puts him in top company.

Regardless of what one thinks of PFF, their appraisals match with what I've seen, which is he's been a guy mostly laboring in obscurity because of the lack of complementary play around him, but this year he's played with enough leads and quality play around him to finally and the kind of stats that someone of his ability would be getting on a good team.

Get ready for him to be the highest paid DE/OLB in the league.

Players who have an elite season during a contract year almost always set the new bar.