Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WHO chief's dire warning...... Since not enough Sheeple fell for the COVID BS

(04-04-2024, 08:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 07:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The cynicism your industry created is impressive.

Don't worry, only 6 months left before you get a shot at redemption.

It's not all that impressive, half the world's population is below average intelligence so it's no wonder so many fell for the quack's bull [BLEEP].

True  Free tacos in lieu of cheeseburgers in exchange for a vaccine that didnt work might have convinced me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The bird flu has been a concern for years. Unlike covid, we are not seeing a sudden and spontaneous eruption of the bird flu. Who knows how it will effect humanity. I feel like there is nothing to worry about at this point, but we'll have to see what happens when cases become more common.

(04-04-2024, 08:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 08:17 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's not all that impressive, half the world's population is below average intelligence so it's no wonder so many fell for the quack's bull [BLEEP].

True  Free tacos in lieu of cheeseburgers in exchange for a vaccine that didnt work might have convinced me.

That you still think the vaccine didn't work taints your whole perspective.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-04-2024, 09:28 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The bird flu has been a concern for years. Unlike covid, we are not seeing a sudden and spontaneous eruption of the bird flu. Who knows how it will effect humanity. I feel like there is nothing to worry about at this point, but we'll have to see what happens when cases become more common.

Exactly, the H5N1 is novel in humans but bird flu overall is a known risk and it's already reported that this virus isn't mutating. We do need to watch the region though, it seems like a bad thing if we have an outbreak of bird flu in a place where a flood of illegals are passing through on their way to points all over the map.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Good point. Freaking Biden, man.

These vaccines have been around forever and have been improved on over time with testing..

The Covid Vaccine didn't receive the same amount of scrutiny through experimental testing.

We were human Guinea Pigs..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-04-2024, 09:58 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: These vaccines have been around forever and have been improved on over time with testing..

The Covid Vaccine didn't receive the same amount of scrutiny through experimental testing.

We were human Guinea Pigs..

Stop talking all crazy. Everyone knows the 10th booster did the trick.

(04-04-2024, 09:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 08:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: True  Free tacos in lieu of cheeseburgers in exchange for a vaccine that didnt work might have convinced me.

That you still think the vaccine didn't work taints your whole perspective.

I'm with you on taking it if you are at higher risk (i.e. age or pre-existing respiratory ailments), but what is your position on getting the vaccine for otherwise younger, healthier individuals? Especially those who have natural immunity/resistance from having had Covid once or multiple times before?

(04-04-2024, 10:24 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 09:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That you still think the vaccine didn't work taints your whole perspective.

I'm with you on taking it if you are at higher risk (i.e. age or pre-existing respiratory ailments), but what is your position on getting the vaccine for otherwise younger, healthier individuals? Especially those who have natural immunity/resistance from having had Covid once or multiple times before?

My position is that otherwise healthier and younger individuals were dying or requiring significant amounts of resources to treat and the vaccine helped us to conserve our health system resources that would've otherwise been completely overwhelmed. I don't think people realize just how limited critical care and inpatient facility resources are in a place like Jacksonville where over million people have just 1,000 beds for which to compete if they need care (58,000 for 22 million people in Florida total). The science indicates that even those with natural immunity benefited from vaccination after illness and we didn't have to admit them either. Boosters were developed to help with emergent strains of the virus and we've reached the point on the curve that only the most at risk need to worry about it.

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2024, 12:09 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-04-2024, 11:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 10:24 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I'm with you on taking it if you are at higher risk (i.e. age or pre-existing respiratory ailments), but what is your position on getting the vaccine for otherwise younger, healthier individuals? Especially those who have natural immunity/resistance from having had Covid once or multiple times before?

My position is that otherwise healthier and younger individuals were dying or requiring significant amounts of resources to treat and the vaccine helped us to conserve our health system resources that would've otherwise been completely overwhelmed. I don't think people realize just how limited critical care and inpatient facility resources are in a place like Jacksonville where over million people have just 1,000 beds for which to compete if they need care (58,000 for 22 million people in Florida total). The science indicates that even those with natural immunity benefited from vaccination after illness and we didn't have to admit them either. Boosters were developed to help with emergent strains of the virus and we've reached the point on the curve that only the most at risk need to worry about it.

Has there been an update to the Cleveland Clinic study from a couple of years ago?  As I recall, that one showed negligible benefits to being vaccinated on top of having previously had Covid and recovered already.  I just think negligible benefits combined with the risk, however small, of myocarditis makes getting vaccinated in that scenario unnecessary and probably unwise but also should be a conversation to be had between patient and doctor.  My doctor and I had a conversation at some point in '21 and he was not in favor of me at my age, a non-smoker and having already had Covid in '20 and again in '21 getting the vaccine.  

I've not had it since then unless the symptoms are so weak now as to be undetectable as Covid.  My '20 bout was definitely the weirdest illness I'd ever dealt with and also had lingering minor symptoms for probably 6 months after.  '21 was definitely a step down from '20 with no loss of smell this time around and a much shorter recovery.  Much more like a bad cold. If I've had it since then, it would have been indistinguishable from any other short term cold I've dealt with in life.

(04-04-2024, 12:03 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 11:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: My position is that otherwise healthier and younger individuals were dying or requiring significant amounts of resources to treat and the vaccine helped us to conserve our health system resources that would've otherwise been completely overwhelmed. I don't think people realize just how limited critical care and inpatient facility resources are in a place like Jacksonville where over million people have just 1,000 beds for which to compete if they need care (58,000 for 22 million people in Florida total). The science indicates that even those with natural immunity benefited from vaccination after illness and we didn't have to admit them either. Boosters were developed to help with emergent strains of the virus and we've reached the point on the curve that only the most at risk need to worry about it.

Has there been an update to the Cleveland Clinic study from a couple of years ago?  As I recall, that one showed negligible benefits to being vaccinated on top of having previously had Covid and recovered already.  I just think negligible benefits combined with the risk, however small, of myocarditis makes getting vaccinated in that scenario unnecessary and probably unwise but also should be a conversation to be had between patient and doctor.  My doctor and I had a conversation at some point in '21 and he was not in favor of me at my age, a non-smoker and having already had Covid in '20 and again in '21 getting the vaccine.  

I've not had it since then unless the symptoms are so weak now as to be undetectable as Covid.  My '20 bout was definitely the weirdest illness I'd ever dealt with and also had lingering minor symptoms for probably 6 months after.  '21 was definitely a step down from '20 with no loss of smell this time around and a much shorter recovery.  Much more like a bad cold.  If I've had it since then, it would have been indistinguishable from any other short term cold I've dealt with in life.

I'm glad you got through it and had a chance to discuss it with your doctor. I've not seen any material on the post illness vax numbers but I haven't really been looking at much in the last year since we hit the bottom of the down slope.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2024, 07:51 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-06-2024, 10:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/BGatesIsaPyscho/stat...wEVTg&s=19

Hilarious. 

On a serious note, anybody else in the Jacksonville area come down recently with a stomach bug? My son had something for two days, we assumed it was nerves for starting daycare but then my wife came down with it and then I got it.

Puked my damn brains out yesterday. Been years for me. Son was over it after 2 days. Wife is still feeling it. I had it for maybe a day and a half. Once I exercised my demons hugging the toilet I felt better, but, still got the ol' fire in the hole stuff going on.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-06-2024, 10:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/BGatesIsaPyscho/stat...wEVTg&s=19

Wow, you debunked your own misinformation. Efficient!

(04-11-2024, 09:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/ITGuy1959/status/177...CP3Ag&s=19

Man, your posts just get more and more self-owning.

What is "Period Posting"?

Sounds gross.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2024, 09:17 AM by snarkyguy_he_him_his.)

(04-11-2024, 09:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 09:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/ITGuy1959/status/177...CP3Ag&s=19

Man, your posts just get more and more self-owning.

Why are people in New York kissing birds with bird flu? Almost like people want to create a new pandemic lol

(04-07-2024, 07:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

Hilarious. 

On a serious note, anybody else in the Jacksonville area come down recently with a stomach bug? My son had something for two days, we assumed it was nerves for starting daycare but then my wife came down with it and then I got it.

Puked my damn brains out yesterday. Been years for me. Son was over it after 2 days. Wife is still feeling it. I had it for maybe a day and a half. Once I exercised my demons hugging the toilet I felt better, but, still got the ol' fire in the hole stuff going on.

Noroviruses suck. Probably a fly landed on your food with dookie on its legs.

(04-11-2024, 09:16 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 09:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Man, your posts just get more and more self-owning.

Why are people in New York kissing birds with bird flu? Almost like people want to create a new pandemic lol

(04-07-2024, 07:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Hilarious. 

Noroviruses suck. Probably a fly landed on your food with dookie on its legs.

I have no idea why people do anything in New York, most of all live there.

Remember when we couldn't take Ivermectin because it did nothing, but Paxlovid, a new and very expensive drug, was going to actually help us?

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2309003

Yeah. Didn't do nothing. I seriously can't believe that folks can't see how our treatment and guidelines were not DIRECTLY affected by profit.