Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mock Draft - 2024

This mock got creative with the Jags picks.

Id love this if we ended up with DeJean and have pick 36 in the 2nd. Newton and JPP are still on the board. Just hope one of them fall to 36. Id honestly be ok with giving up one of our 4ths to move up a few spots to add either. A lot of drafts are having Newotn and JPP falling to the 2nd now.

https://www.nfl.com/news/dan-parr-2024-n...-draft-2-0

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-18-2024, 07:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This mock got creative with the Jags picks.

Id love this if we ended up with DeJean and have pick 36 in the 2nd. Newton and JPP are still on the board. Just hope one of them fall to 36. Id honestly be ok with giving up one of our 4ths to move up a few spots to add either. A lot of drafts are having Newotn and JPP falling to the 2nd now.

I wonder why though. Especially after Newton tested well and JPJ is the consensus top Center in most places you look. I know Frazier has been sneaking up though.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-19-2024, 05:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 07:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This mock got creative with the Jags picks.

Id love this if we ended up with DeJean and have pick 36 in the 2nd.  Newton and JPP are still on the board.  Just hope one of them fall to 36.  Id honestly be ok with giving up one of our 4ths to move up a few spots to add either.  A lot of drafts are having Newotn and JPP falling to the 2nd now.

I wonder why though. Especially after Newton tested well and JPJ is the consensus top Center in most places you look. I know Frazier has been sneaking up though.

Rumors are there questions still about his ankle.  I don't think he did much testing at his private workout  so that could raise concerns about his ankle as well.  As far as JPP, Center for some reason just isn't valued as high as a position like tackle.  Linderbaum was just as good a prospect as JPP and he went 25th overall and this is a better class imo.  It's just mocks though so they could still go in the first if one wants either bad enough.  A few players always fall to the 2nd we think should gonin the first, it will be interesting to see how it falls.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2024, 08:37 AM by Mikey.)

(04-18-2024, 01:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Best at his disposal. You're only as good as your roster allows you to be. Fortner was probably the best Center he had at the time. Obviously we now know what the team truly thinks of him because they went out and signed a 10 year veteran in Morse. Who honestly was middling by all accounts in Buffalo last year. 

That's why I think we should honestly keep his statements in mind. They said they needed to get better. They at least did that by getting Fortner's replacement. I just don't think they're done. Their prospect visits would indicate to me that they've identified players from this class at 17, 48, 96, 114 & 116 that are realistic options on their draft board. 

That group of five was bad in the finale. I keep thinking of that run stop at the goal line that got blown up. That had happened more than once in the game throughout the contest. We absolutely have to get better next week in the trenches or this team is doomed to fall short again.

PREACH

(04-19-2024, 06:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 05:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I wonder why though. Especially after Newton tested well and JPJ is the consensus top Center in most places you look. I know Frazier has been sneaking up though.

Rumors are there questions still about his ankle.  I don't think he did much testing at his private workout  so that could raise concerns about his ankle as well.  As far as JPP, Center for some reason just isn't valued as high as a position like tackle.  Linderbaum was just as good a prospect as JPP and he went 25th overall and this is a better class imo.  It's just mocks though so they could still go in the first if one wants either bad enough.  A few players always fall to the 2nd we think should gonin the first, it will be interesting to see how it falls.

....see this note is specifically why I'm not as worried about day one starter with our first round pick. If we can move back, grab someone like JPJ, and have Morse in place while he gets that ankle fully healed, all the better. If it lands us a potential top5 at their position for the next 5 years or longer, that's a significant win.

Gotta do the homework on those medicals, though.

(04-19-2024, 08:32 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 01:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Best at his disposal. You're only as good as your roster allows you to be. Fortner was probably the best Center he had at the time. Obviously we now know what the team truly thinks of him because they went out and signed a 10 year veteran in Morse. Who honestly was middling by all accounts in Buffalo last year. 

That's why I think we should honestly keep his statements in mind. They said they needed to get better. They at least did that by getting Fortner's replacement. I just don't think they're done. Their prospect visits would indicate to me that they've identified players from this class at 17, 48, 96, 114 & 116 that are realistic options on their draft board. 

That group of five was bad in the finale. I keep thinking of that run stop at the goal line that got blown up. That had happened more than once in the game throughout the contest. We absolutely have to get better next week in the trenches or this team is doomed to fall short again.

PREACH

(04-19-2024, 06:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Rumors are there questions still about his ankle.  I don't think he did much testing at his private workout  so that could raise concerns about his ankle as well.  As far as JPP, Center for some reason just isn't valued as high as a position like tackle.  Linderbaum was just as good a prospect as JPP and he went 25th overall and this is a better class imo.  It's just mocks though so they could still go in the first if one wants either bad enough.  A few players always fall to the 2nd we think should gonin the first, it will be interesting to see how it falls.

....see this note is specifically why I'm not as worried about day one starter with our first round pick. If we can move back, grab someone like JPJ, and have Morse in place while he gets that ankle fully healed, all the better. If it lands us a potential top5 at their position for the next 5 years or longer, that's a significant win.

I've been high on JPP for a while now but if they really wanted JPP they wouldn't of signed Morse and we would have just taken JPP at 17. JPP could be a day 1 starter imo.

(04-19-2024, 08:32 AM)Mikey Wrote:

PREACH

(04-19-2024, 06:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Rumors are there questions still about his ankle.  I don't think he did much testing at his private workout  so that could raise concerns about his ankle as well.  As far as JPP, Center for some reason just isn't valued as high as a position like tackle.  Linderbaum was just as good a prospect as JPP and he went 25th overall and this is a better class imo.  It's just mocks though so they could still go in the first if one wants either bad enough.  A few players always fall to the 2nd we think should gonin the first, it will be interesting to see how it falls.

If Fuaga is there at 17 I think he will be into serious consideration depending on who is available.  He wouldn't have to start day 1 but he could.  I think if we seen Cam as the future they would have extended him in the offseason or at least we would of heard they wanted to get him extended

(04-19-2024, 09:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 08:32 AM)Mikey Wrote: PREACH

If Fuaga is there at 17 I think he will be into serious consideration depending on who is available.  He wouldn't have to start day 1 but he could.  I think if we seen Cam as the future they would have extended him in the offseason or at least we would of heard they wanted to get him extended
Yea, both he and Fautanu would be solid picks at 17. If Mitchell and Arnold are both gone at that point, I could easily see one of these two being the pick. They should be very good NFL linemen for a long time- barring injuries and your point about Cam is a good one.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2024, 10:38 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-19-2024, 10:16 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 09:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Fuaga is there at 17 I think he will be into serious consideration depending on who is available.  He wouldn't have to start day 1 but he could.  I think if we seen Cam as the future they would have extended him in the offseason or at least we would of heard they wanted to get him extended
Yea, both he and Fautanu would be solid picks at 17. If Mitchell and Arnold are both gone at that point, I could easily see one of these two being the pick. They should be very good NFL linemen for a long time- barring injuries and your point about Cam is a good one.

Yeah, would be very happy with either. I wonder where the team would have Fashanu on there board in the tackle rankings. Alt is the clear number 1 tackle for me them Fuaga. I'm ver high on Fautanu as well but I just don't know about Fashanu. He has very small hands and isn't a good run blocker and also wasnt as good this past year as the year before. I think we could be higher than some on Oli just because he is a really good pass protector, a great athlete, and has the length Baalke likes. I like Latham as well at RT. Fuaga is tackle 2 for me though behind Alt

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2024, 12:34 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-19-2024, 09:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 08:32 AM)Mikey Wrote: PREACH

I've been high on JPP for a while now but if they really wanted JPP they wouldn't of signed Morse and we would have just taken JPP at 17. JPP could be a day 1 starter imo.

I don't think Morse's contract prohibits taking a Center in this draft.  You fill holes in free agency.  You don't go into the draft with an obvious hole on your roster or that should be a general goal at least.  Sometimes it's unavoidable I guess, like if you're picking high and you have a hole at QB like most teams picking high do.  But going in with holes at other positions is just telegraphing your needs and intentions to other teams who may try to trade up in front of you to snipe you.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2024, 01:24 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(04-19-2024, 12:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 09:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I've been high on JPP for a while now but if they really wanted JPP they wouldn't of signed Morse and we would have just taken JPP at 17. JPP could be a day 1 starter imo.

I don't think Morse's contract prohibits taking a Center in this draft.  You fill holes in free agency.  You don't go into the draft with an obvious hole on your roster or that should be a general goal at least.  Sometimes it's unavoidable I guess, like if you're picking high and you have a hole at QB like most teams picking high do.  But going in with holes at other positions is just telegraphing your needs and intentions to other teams who may try to trade up in front of you to snipe you.

I don't think his contract does either.  My point is they wouldn't have even signed Morse if their plan was to draft JPP. I think we draft a center I'm just talking about JPP in the first. I think we draft Bortolini

Mad Mel Kiper just convinced me Cooper DeJean needs to be the pick
In Dougie I Trust!

Would you take Joe Alt at 17 if for some reason he slipped in the draft? I'd take him in a heart beat.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2024, 01:39 PM by HardcoreMoJagFan.)

(04-19-2024, 01:25 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Would you take Joe Alt at 17 if for some reason he slipped in the draft?  I'd take him in a heart beat.

I'd have concerns about what 16 other teams saw, but I'd trust my judgement and likely take him.  But I am by no means privy to enough info to be sure.

(04-19-2024, 01:38 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 01:25 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Would you take Joe Alt at 17 if for some reason he slipped in the draft?  I'd take him in a heart beat.

I'd have concerns about what 16 other teams saw, but I'd trust my judgement and likely take him.  But I am by no means privy to enough info to be sure.  There is no obvious reason he should slip.

https://youtu.be/8ChEadTSaUs?si=8a99khdQxjfNmvL7

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-19-2024, 01:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 12:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I don't think Morse's contract prohibits taking a Center in this draft.  You fill holes in free agency.  You don't go into the draft with an obvious hole on your roster or that should be a general goal at least.  Sometimes it's unavoidable I guess, like if you're picking high and you have a hole at QB like most teams picking high do.  But going in with holes at other positions is just telegraphing your needs and intentions to other teams who may try to trade up in front of you to snipe you.

I don't think his contract does either.  My point is they wouldn't have even signed Morse if their plan was to draft JPP.  I think we draft a center I'm just talking about JPP in the first.  I think we draft  Bortolini

If JPJ is there at 48 I take him in a heartbeat, I don't really care who else is on the board.  I think what you're saying is we're not taking him at 17 and I probably agree with you there, but wouldn't be upset if we did.

(04-20-2024, 12:28 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 01:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I don't think his contract does either.  My point is they wouldn't have even signed Morse if their plan was to draft JPP.  I think we draft a center I'm just talking about JPP in the first.  I think we draft  Bortolini

If JPJ is there at 48 I take him in a heartbeat, I don't really care who else is on the board.  I think what you're saying is we're not taking him at 17 and I probably agree with you there, but wouldn't be upset if we did.

JPJ would be an amazing pick at 48 for the Jaguars, although it's unlikely he drops that far. Other potential "steals" would be Troy Franklin, Darius Robinson, Keon Coleman, Johnny Newton and Kris Jenkins. If any of these were still on the board I'd be very unhappy if the team selects someone else. Newton is the most unlikely to drop that far, but the other 4 all address a need and would be great value picks at that spot.

(04-20-2024, 01:43 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 12:28 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: If JPJ is there at 48 I take him in a heartbeat, I don't really care who else is on the board.  I think what you're saying is we're not taking him at 17 and I probably agree with you there, but wouldn't be upset if we did.

JPJ would be an amazing pick at 48 for the Jaguars, although it's unlikely he drops that far. Other potential "steals" would be Troy Franklin, Darius Robinson, Keon Coleman, Johnny Newton and Kris Jenkins. If any of these were still on the board I'd be very unhappy if the team selects someone else. Newton is the most unlikely to drop that far, but the other 4 all address a need and would be great value picks at that spot.

JPJ would be drafted to play guard at first not center.  Call it OJT playing next to the vet.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Draft week is upon us fellas

(04-19-2024, 01:23 PM)Hurricane Wrote: Mad Mel Kiper just convinced me Cooper DeJean needs to be the pick

Must say that I'm also much higher on DeJean than before.Bucky Brooks is also extremely high on him and made comparisons to when Jalen Ramsay was drafted. Some thought he would be a safety, also. He could end up as the best corner from this class and his versatility will be unmatched.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2024, 12:21 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

NFL-team-logo
Brian Thomas Jr.
WR LSU
NFL-team-logo
Johnny Newton
DT Illinois
NFL-team-logo
Mason McCormick
OG South Dakota State
NFL-team-logo
Tanor Bortolini
OC Wisconsin
NFL-team-logo
Jarrian Jones
CB Florida State
NFL-team-logo
Mohamed Kamara
EDGE Colorado State
NFL-team-logo
Travis Glover
OT Georgia State
NFL-team-logo
Dwight McGlothern
CB Arkansas

(04-21-2024, 11:11 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 01:23 PM)Hurricane Wrote: Mad Mel Kiper just convinced me Cooper DeJean needs to be the pick

Must say that I'm also much higher on DeJean than before.Bucky Brooks is also extremely high on him and made comparisons to when Jalen Ramsay was drafted. Some thought he would be a safety, also. He could end up as the best corner from this class and his versatility will be unmatched.

Would love it if we draft DeJean

https://twitter.com/MattJZimmer/status/1...5424259255