Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 Draft Day Round 1***

(04-25-2024, 11:24 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: What's with all the chick sunglasses?
I'm sure they were all sponsored.

Everything is cheap plastic mold made stuff now. We went from quality metals, somewhat hand-made to stuff that looks like sunglasses you can get for $1.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-25-2024, 11:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I wanted the best big uglies. I don't care if this whole draft is linemen. It's always what I hope for. WRs are a dime a dozen if they aren't elite.

I remember a GM saying that once and a bunch of fans mailed him dimes.

I can’t wait to see who we get next.

I like the pick. Wouldn't have batted an eye if they took him at 17, and they went and got three extra picks out of the deal. He has the athleticism and the skills to be a top flight receiver.

It will be fair in the coming years to remember Dallas turner was on the board before the trade, but it's understandable with Josh Allen being named a reserve bank for third world countries. Excited to see what they do on day 2!

We could go so many different ways tommorow

My hopes are Cooper bebe, zach frazier/jpj, de Jean, newton

1 DeJean
2. JPJ
3. Newton
4 Kool Aid

My last players with 1st round grades

With the 48th pick. I am hoping for CB early tonight. Before that run starts. We got in just in time at WR.

Now, do the same tonight at CB. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Max Melton or Khyree Jackson tonight.

We have to get a CB2 and I really like Jackson out of Oregon.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-26-2024, 05:10 AM)Caldrac Wrote: With the 48th pick. I am hoping for CB early tonight. Before that run starts. We got in just in time at WR.

Now, do the same tonight at CB. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Max Melton or Khyree Jackson tonight.

We have to get a CB2 and I really like Jackson out of Oregon.

I like Buster Brown but I wouldn’t mind a Max Melton at that spot.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 06:52 AM by I am Yoda.)

(04-25-2024, 11:25 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 11:13 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: ESPN draft coverage sucks. I can't stand Kiper. I always watch the NFL network coverage.

I don't like ESPN, but it's become such a tradition for me, I have a hard time changing the channel.

I find Mel entertaining and Louis is as good an analyst as there is. But I prefer the guys on NFL Network’s desk. They have the better team with better analysts across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(04-25-2024, 11:28 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: WR was my 4th option for our first round pick, but not upset with it especially in a trade back which I was very happy with. Lets address OL/DL/CB with the next few picks.

As long as they get some big nasty uglies on the OL, I don’t care what else they do. PROTECT TREVOR!!

(04-25-2024, 11:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I wanted the best big uglies. I don't care if this whole draft is linemen. It's always what I hope for. WRs are a dime a dozen if they aren't elite.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 06:59 AM by I am Yoda.)

(04-25-2024, 11:48 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: Worthy and Pearsall in the first seems more like Balke and crew were on point.

Yeah. I was convinced they were going CB in the first round. Based on that, I was hoping for Pearsall at 48. Couldn’t be happier the way it worked out.

(04-26-2024, 12:31 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 11:32 PM)jagboss Wrote: https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1764...bMAeA&s=19
(04-25-2024, 11:37 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Or this:

https://x.com/mathbomb/status/1783690966563529099?s=42&t=CBRi9jm88jvmDLxwjCos5Q
So which is it? The Jags seem to like that metric, even though it hasn't exactly meant anything for production.
(04-25-2024, 11:24 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Nothing says either corner that was bypassed by a lot of teams would have been better than Montaric Brown this upcoming season.   CB in the 2nd round could be just as productive...or could just as likely be a bust.  (See Emmanual Forbes last draft)

This team is going to go as far as Trevor Lawrence takes it, and they just gave him a tall/fast target with skill.    

Let's not be too negative.
Not negative but not a definite #1 WR. He has speed and measurables but hasn't been the #1 WR yet. Hopefully it works out but there were other areas that the team needed to fill. The division has updated the offenses and the Jags need to update the lines and DBs. WR was needed but not at this risk. The options before the trade were all 5 year starters and sign or get comp picks.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Even if you’re right I’m already happy with Kirk, Gabe, and Zay. Kirk is one of the best 2s in the league. Brian should thrive in our WR room.

Fix the O-Line!

I wanted IOL or DL in the first, but trading down for many picks + BTJr is a great job.

Now please, protect your QB with some big guys and improve our défense in the next rounds.

I wouldn't mind trading up in the 3rd

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 08:35 AM by Mikey.)

(04-25-2024, 11:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 11:10 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Won't be me.

Been on the BTJ train for months.

My man!

I’m just waiting for someone to come in with the “won’t matter when Trevor is on his back!”

Sorry, I was at the bar last night.

Baalke still has work to do, and he has plenty of tools to work with. We didn't overpay for WR, which is certainly good. Really hope we are busy tonight. Lots of good players available that can set us up for a long term run.

(04-26-2024, 12:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 11:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Yep. The run went early, then it got cold for a minute. It's a deep WR class but they went higher than expected.

You'll see a run early tomorrow night as well. Mitchell, Coleman, Franklin, McConkey & Baker will be the next wave.

Walker and Burton are also good values for some teams. Our focus should now shift immediately over onto IOL, IDL and CB for the next three selections.
Yeah. They did. Was wishful thinking he would be a RD2 selection. Too good of an athlete.

Facts

in truth, they're opinions.

Pearsall went earlier than expected. Legette, too. Gotta feeling AD is pick 33. Surprised nobody that picked WR didn't go with him over their choices.

I have to give Baalke credit for trading back and still getting good value here with Brian Thomas Jr.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell Atlanta was thinking here.

(04-26-2024, 08:32 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 11:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: My man!

I’m just waiting for someone to come in with the “won’t matter when Trevor is on his back!”

Sorry, I was at the bar last night.

Baalke still has work to do, and he has plenty of tools to work with. We didn't overpay for WR, which is certainly good. Really hope we are busy tonight. Lots of good players available that can set us up for a long term run.

(04-26-2024, 12:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Facts

in truth, they're opinions.

Pearsall went earlier than expected. Legette, too. Gotta feeling AD is pick 33. Surprised nobody that picked WR didn't go with him over their choices.
His diabetes is scaring teams.

(04-26-2024, 08:49 AM)Jagulars Wrote: I have to give Baalke credit for trading back and still getting good value here with Brian Thomas Jr.

They got Raheem Morris'd who probably won't be there in 3 years when Penix takes over.

If Kirk Cousins doesn't return to health as quick as expected or has any setbacks people would be all over why they hirched their talented offensive core to a busted player. If Kirk comes back fire great, you groom Pennix like Love. If he doesn't come back you have Pennix and if he does well you won't care about any of this.

(04-26-2024, 08:49 AM)Jagulars Wrote: I have to give Baalke credit for trading back and still getting good value here with Brian Thomas Jr.

I think they’re looking at Cousins as a two year starter. That’s the guaranteed money, iirc. They obviously thought Penix was better than anyone in next year’s draft. And I don’t necessarily disagree.

Fix the O-Line!

Like the Thomas pick. I don’t think they would have traded back and picked him if Byron Murphy was there. I don’t think you could pass him up. But once he went off the board and Thomas was next on their board, trading back was a good move.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 09:18 AM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

Not giving credit yet as that was only round one of a three round cage match.  He need to keep his head in the game. I give him a 25% completion so far.

If Cousins doesn't play well then they have to play the rook or Atlanta may burn down a second time.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 09:29 AM by StrayaJag.)

2024 is the year everyone wears goofy sunglasses indoors

A lot of packers fans were hoping for de Jean at there pick