Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 NFL Draft Rounds 2-3***

(04-26-2024, 11:17 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Yeah I like this draft just get a couple OLs

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1784058167875293494
I think this is the only stat that Baalke looks at. Did he have anything to do with creating it?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 11:52 PM by jaglou53.)

(04-26-2024, 11:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Give WAS 114 and 116 for 100 and take the best offensive lineman on your board.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

If they have a significant gap between their number 1 lineman and the others,I'd agree to trade up. They might only have to give up a 4th and 5th. At this point, I'd try to add 1 or 2 OL and an Edge rusher. 

Top linemen:

McCormick
Bortolini
Mahogany

Edge:

Kamara
Solomon
Booker
Jackson 

Best combo to me would be McCormick and Booker. Trade up to get both those guys and then sign some developmental rookie free agents hoping one will turn into Allen Hurns, James Robinson, Grant or Herndon type player.

(04-26-2024, 11:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 10:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tampa is way to slow imo.  I'd take Jarian Jones over Tampa
Turned out good

(04-26-2024, 10:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Need to get Jarian Jones

Finally

Hope you are correct about Jones!

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2024, 11:58 PM by jrvegeeta. Edited 3 times in total.)

A A lot of you guys don’t understand how much of an impact a center makes on the entire line. They are the ones scouting out the defensive line, communicating any necessary protection shifts, and blocking adjustments to the rest of the line, which is the first thing and the most important. Without the center’s guidance, the other members of the offensive line would be left scrambling trying to figure out how to adjust protection and counter the defensive front. This stuff doesn’t show up in PFF’s evaluation of centers.

The Jaguars only made a move at center. Now, because how pessimistic this fanbase can be, it simply looks like the Jaguars are just too dumb to understand us fans….. or it’s likely that Luke Fortner wasn’t just subpar at his own assignments. It’s very likely that he wasn’t doing a good job scouting defenses or communicating assignments to his fellow linemen. Why else do you think they decided to bring in a former pro bowl veteran center instead of just drafting a replacement? There is a chance Fortner can learn from the vet, but my guess is that if he doesn’t see any improvement next season, THEN they will draft his replacement.

All that said, I do agree that they should draft more OL, but for insurance. We’ve all seen what the injury bug can do to an NFL roster…

(04-26-2024, 11:55 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: A A lot of you guys don’t understand how much of an impact a center makes on the entire line. They are the ones scouting out the defensive line, communicating any necessary protection shifts, and blocking adjustments to the rest of the line, which is the first thing and the most important. Without the center’s guidance, the other members of the offensive line would be left scrambling trying to figure out how to adjust protection and counter the defensive front. This stuff doesn’t show up in PFF’s evaluation of centers.

The Jaguars only made a move at center. Now, because how pessimistic this fanbase can be, it simply looks like the Jaguars are just too dumb to understand us fans….. or it’s likely that Luke Fortner wasn’t just subpar at his own assignments. It’s very likely that he wasn’t doing a good job scouting defenses or communicating assignments to his fellow linemen. Why else do you think they decided to bring in a former pro bowl veteran center instead of just drafting a replacement? There is a chance Fortner can learn from the vet, but my guess is that if he doesn’t see any improvement next season, THEN they will draft his replacement.

All that said, I do agree that they should draft more OL, but for insurance. We’ve all seen what the injury bug can do to an NFL roster…

You're making the case to go and draft an OL even with Morse coming in lol.

One injury/suspension on the line and Trevor might need to start getting fitted for his inevitable brace. Protect Trevor and our entire franchise by continuing to bolster this O-line even with the addition of Mitch Morse.

They need to come away with 2 IOL at 114 and 116. Otherwise, 2024 is going to look like 2023. And that may still not be enough. Should have invested 48 in the Oline. If we cannot keep TL clean, nothing else we’ve done will matter. And I LOVE first round pick. This OLine has sucked donkey balls for years and they keep trying to fix it on the cheap, if at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(04-27-2024, 12:14 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: They need to come away with 2 IOL at 114 and 116. Otherwise, 2024 is going to look like 2023. And that may still not be enough. Should have invested 48 in the Oline. If we cannot keep TL clean, nothing else we’ve done will matter. And I LOVE first round pick. This OLine has sucked donkey balls for years and they keep trying to fix it on the cheap, if at all.

I'm a little disappointed they didn't take one on day 2. I'll be surprised if not even one is taken in the 4th round.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 01:01 AM by AnOldBrownie. Edited 1 time in total.)

Did everyone forget Cooper Hodges is still on our roster? Is the idea that he can't out perform anyone drafted after the 3rd round?

I'm confident in Walker being our 3rd best tackle.

Yes, Fortner was THAT bad.

At this point I rate the 3 picks as a B-...but to be fair, we won't know diddly squat until they play in a regular season NFL game.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(04-26-2024, 07:56 PM)Caldrac Wrote: DeJean will be a safety. Bet.

That's racist as hell....

I don't disagree eith you.... 

But still

(04-27-2024, 12:59 AM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Did everyone forget Cooper Hodges is still on our roster? Is the idea that he can't out perform anyone drafted after the 3rd round?

I'm confident in Walker being our 3rd best tackle.

Yes, Fortner was THAT bad.

At this point I rate the 3 picks as a B-...but to be fair, we won't know diddly squat until they play in a regular season NFL game.

The truth is we don’t know how good Hodges will be. But the problem is we don’t need backup quality. We needed someone with starter quality. At least someone with that potential in year two. We saw our two current starters last year and they are not good.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Group prayer for correct picks tommoroe

Baalke cooks on day 3. Not super hype about the new players, but not depressed about it either.

(04-27-2024, 03:17 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Baalke cooks on day 3.  Not super hype about the new players,  but not depressed about it either.

Baalke said in conference they did explore trading up in rd 2 but nothing fit

I like our picks so far.

There's no telling how they'll do when they get here, but positionally they do make sense.

Still plenty of good OL

Bortolini
Laumea
Mahogany
Cohen
McCormick
Foster
Rouse

It should be o line next in the 4th. We have 2 fourth round picks. After the 4th round, it’s good luck trying to find a player who will make the team.

I like the steelers draft. Obviously it's a bit of a crapshoot and any given year you may have more guys nwork out than others. But they always seem to get good players that played good competition that fit what they want to do.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 06:39 AM by Caldrac.)

If he can get Javon Foster and Mason McCormick today at 114 and 116 I would be content with whatever he does starting in the next rounds.

Foster at OT.
McCormick at OG.

(04-27-2024, 06:21 AM)rfc17 Wrote: I like the steelers draft. Obviously it's a bit of a crapshoot and any given year you may have more guys nwork out than others. But they always seem to get good players that played good competition that fit what they want to do.
Steelers identified their personnel this off season and realized they needed to get more physical. Every pick they made fits this idea.

You added two starters that are mean and physical on the offensive line. You added a fast receiver that made an average QB look great last year. You added potentially LB1 in RD3 if he can stay healthy.

Just smart, smart decisions and it's exactly why this team seldom dips below .500 yearly.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-27-2024, 05:37 AM)Jag88 Wrote: It should be o line next in the 4th. We have 2 fourth round picks. After the 4th round, it’s good luck trying to find a player who will make the team.
Agreed. Hoping nothing cute happens today like a [BLEEP] RB or LB coming off the board. It has to be OL here. I would say the same with pick 153. After that? Have at it. Go crazy.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-27-2024, 06:34 AM)Caldrac. Wrote: Just smart, smart decisions and it's exactly why this team seldom dips below .500 yearly.

Agreed. Also helps that their core philosophy rarely changes. Just a well managed franchise.

(04-27-2024, 03:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I like our picks so far.

There's no telling how they'll do when they get here, but positionally they do make sense.
They make perfect sense. Maason Smith is a disruptive presence that could be on the up and up.

Jones is considered the best nickel CB in this draft class in some areas. Drafttek has him #1 in that area and he was rated 98th overall on their big board.

The value there at 96 is perfect. Just hoping he goes OL here now with 114 and 116 and doesn't botch it with off ball LB's or a RB we don't need....