Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Duck-worthy weather up here too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm now a homeless gypse, stupid renters didn't get out until 4:00 Friday! Leaving us no time to close, good news they're out now so we should close Monday. but that meant missing another day of work, loading everything up in a 26ft uhaul yesterday driving it to the new house and parking it in the driveway (at the bargin price of 100 bucks a day) and today loading up two 6x12 trailers with my kids outside stuff, my toolbox, shed and tractor and parking it at the property until Monday.

fun times, or as I'm calling it the "vacation" from hell!!!!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I'm now a homeless gypse, stupid renters didn't get out until 4:00 Friday! Leaving us no time to close, good news they're out now so we should close Monday. but that meant missing another day of work, loading everything up in a 26ft uhaul yesterday driving it to the new house and parking it in the driveway (at the bargin price of 100 bucks a day) and today loading up two 6x12 trailers with my kids outside stuff, my toolbox, shed and tractor and parking it at the property until Monday.

Moving just sucks no matter the circumstances. Sounds like your really excited about your new place, so I'm sure it'll be worth it. Congrats on your new house.

I'm sure if you offered free beer half this board will be down there and you'll be moved in half an hour after closing!!

Quote:I'm now a homeless gypse, stupid renters didn't get out until 4:00 Friday! Leaving us no time to close, good news they're out now so we should close Monday. but that meant missing another day of work, loading everything up in a 26ft uhaul yesterday driving it to the new house and parking it in the driveway (at the bargin price of 100 bucks a day) and today loading up two 6x12 trailers with my kids outside stuff, my toolbox, shed and tractor and parking it at the property until Monday.

Being a day late to vacate the premises would be understandable for 11 people, but three days?  But, once you're all settled in it will only be a distant memory to chuckle about later.  And, you've got some good weather to work in.  Sounds like you've found your haven.  I'm jealous, actually.

It's sucks...but just keep thinking how happy you are that they actually got out at all and left the place in good condition! I'm a glass half full kinda girl! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Thanks for the words of encouragement, needed it this week for sure. looking forward to getting this all over with and being in our new home tomorrow, will be probably a week before I'm back on here they said it might take a week or two to get us satellite internet out there. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Best of luck & congratulations both to NYC and Eric. Glad things are moving forwards for you guys.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I'm waiting to see a picture of NYC on tour all sweaty and wearing only lederhosen.

HAHA.  There are 3 gigs in Germany, hb, but you may have to wait until August.  Of course these sweaty lederhosen deals can just kind-of pop off at any time....

Quote:I'm waiting to see a picture of NYC on tour all sweaty and wearing only lederhosen.

I'm thinking more like fishnets... :whistling:

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2014, 08:00 PM by xJAGGYx.)

Quote:I'm thinking more like fishnets... :whistling:

So it is more of a "twisted sister" band?

Quote:So it is more of a "twisted sister" band?

It's a look! :thumbsup:

Groupies, Lederhosen and fishnets. Got it.  Whew.   I see it's gonna' take some effort to live up to the sideline league's expectations.  :teehee:

I'll try. 

Quote:Groupies, Lederhosen and fishnets. Got it.  Whew.   I see it's gonna' take some effort to live up to the sideline league's expectations.  :teehee:

I'll try. 

I'm looking for a Freddy Mercury/Angus Young hybrid kinda thang.   :thumbsup:

Quote:Groupies, Lederhosen and fishnets. Got it.  Whew.   I see it's gonna' take some effort to live up to the sideline league's expectations.  :teehee:

I'll try.

That's just the tame version...I'm sure homebiscuit will come up with a whole other list for you! :thumbsup:

Americans will consume approximately 7 billion hot dogs between Memorial Day and Labor Day in a typical summer.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Americans will consume approximately 7 billion hot dogs between Memorial Day and Labor Day in a typical summer.
Of those 7 billion I will consume zero. Hot dogs are a nasty creation. Of course growing up in a household in which my father called them pig dongs may have swayed my opinion somewhat.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Hotdog with mustard, relish, onions, sauerkraut, mmmmmMMmmmm. Ketchup on a hotdog is a pure abomination. Blech!

Quote:Hotdog with mustard, relish, onions, sauerkraut, mmmmmMMmmmm. Ketchup on a hotdog is a pure abomination. Blech!
...and chili
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Americans will consume approximately 7 billion hot dogs between Memorial Day and Labor Day in a typical summer.

DF is going to be so jealous of us!