Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cleveland matches Jags offer for Mack

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2014, 02:03 PM by Raven09s.)

still talkin? I wonder.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think all the peaks and valleys in the Jaguars' attendance is an indicator of how quickly attendance can turn around here.  Attendance jumps like 5,000 - 10,000 everytime we have a mediocre year.  I think if the Jaguars found a franchise quarterback and put together back-to-back playoff seasons you would see attendance in the top half of the league, conservatively.  

I think we could have "hard sellouts," meaning every seat is sold.   Not just lifting the blackout, but selling every single seat.   We've had that before.  

attendance is part of the reason my gut feeling is manziel will wind up a jaguar. I still want teddy but gut says Johnny.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:attendance is part of the reason my gut feeling is manziel will wind up a jaguar. I still want teddy but gut says Johnny.

Trying to increase attendance by drafting a specific player is not effective at least not for the long term. Build long term loyalty by building a winning franchise overall.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:attendance is part of the reason my gut feeling is manziel will wind up a jaguar. I still want teddy but gut says Johnny.

Caldwells job is to put a winning team on the field, not fill the seats.

Quote:still talkin? I wonder.
In a way no news might be good news.  Meaning it is still under consideration by all concerned and not rejected out of hand.

you have a stupid gut. 

very insightful. My gut is dumb because I believe one of the top QB options in the draft might wind up being a jaguar. If Bridgewater is rated 99 to Caldwell and manziel is rated 98 but would sell a ton more tickets...then I would understand him taking manziel. Who is your gut instinct? We can compare how stupid each other's is in a little over a month.

Quote:you have a stupid gut. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Attendance? LOL

This thread is so full of your hot takes it might combust.

;

;

Quote:very insightful. My gut is dumb because I believe one of the top QB options in the draft might wind up being a jaguar. If Bridgewater is rated 99 to Caldwell and manziel is rated 98 but would sell a ton more tickets...then I would understand him taking manziel. Who is your gut instinct? We can compare how stupid each other's is in a little over a month.

Caldwell doesn't care about attendance

Quote:very insightful. My gut is dumb because I believe one of the top QB options in the draft might wind up being a jaguar. If Bridgewater is rated 99 to Caldwell and manziel is rated 98 but would sell a ton more tickets...then I would understand him taking manziel. Who is your gut instinct? We can compare how stupid each other's is in a little over a month.
Caldwell isn't going to make personnel decisions based on ticket sales.  If he was, the almighty Tebow would be a Jaguar considering the big selling point is he'd sell out every home game.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Caldwell isn't going to make personnel decisions based on ticket sales.  If he was, the almighty Tebow would be a Jaguar considering the big selling point is he'd sell out every home game.

....which we all know would have had a shelf life of what 4 staright home losses before people would begin not showing up again....?

Thats why I agree with your first sentence. 

except tebow was well known to be terrible and manziel is right up there with teddy. So if you could have your cake and eat it too, why wouldn't you?

Quote:Caldwell isn't going to make personnel decisions based on ticket sales.  If he was, the almighty Tebow would be a Jaguar considering the big selling point is he'd sell out every home game.

Quote:except tebow was well known to be terrible and manziel is right up there with teddy. So if you could have your cake and eat it too, why wouldn't you?

One reason would be this front office doesn't feel Manziel grades out as a number 3 pick or has another player more highly rated.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:except tebow was well known to be terrible and manziel is right up there with teddy. So if you could have your cake and eat it too, why wouldn't you?

You completely missed the point.  Good job.

Manziel is right up there with Teddy, and neither one of them grades out as a top 3 pick.  None of the QBs in this draft do, IMO. 

If the GM of an NFL franchise is drafting players based on ticket sales, he needs to be sent packing.  My point about Tebow was that it was a farce that he'd bring such a wave of ticket sales to this team that they could remove the tarps and everything would be swell.  It's a bigger joke to suggest that Manziel would have a similar impact.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I have to agree that Caldwell is not worrying about attendance. He knows winning will help fix that. Attendance is mainly an issue for ownership personnel. Winning and building the roster is what Dave and Gus are about. If they choose Manziel over the other QBs (for which I would agree with them), it would be because of scheme fit, talent, and future possibilities. I still think Manziel is the best QB choice because of our situation. We are not "having" to go all in and win right now. Our owner is one of the most patient one's seen in history (and intelligent) and the plan is set to take time to build. I think with having another QB able to hold the reins for the time being, building of a young and talented O-line, and still needing some offensive weapons, Manziel would be in a perfect situation to learn what he needs to learn; while having the talent, leadership, and will-to-win to be a great QB for us.

GO JAGS!

BTW, where the he!! is the news on Mack? lol This is seriously driving me insane! lol

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Hey guys, lets remember this if we end up being better than the Browns this year.

[Image: S4qy6rE.png]

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Hey guys, lets remember this if we end up being better than the Browns this year.

[Image: S4qy6rE.png]
LOL.  A "new animal"  indeed.  

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

how do I miss the point? I created the scenario saying teddy is a theoretical 99 to Caldwell and manziel is a theoretical 98. Regardless we don't know what they think and everything any one of us say is speculation. The same deal with all of us thinking if we throw a giant contract at Mack it won't effect anything in the future. We don't know that either. If that's the case though, then break the bank.

Quote:You completely missed the point.  Good job.

Manziel is right up there with Teddy, and neither one of them grades out as a top 3 pick.  None of the QBs in this draft do, IMO. 

If the GM of an NFL franchise is drafting players based on ticket sales, he needs to be sent packing.  My point about Tebow was that it was a farce that he'd bring such a wave of ticket sales to this team that they could remove the tarps and everything would be swell.  It's a bigger joke to suggest that Manziel would have a similar impact.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2014, 06:50 PM by KYjaggy.)

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot  2m
Talks are still going on between the #Jaguars and #browns center Alex Mack.

Mary is the be all end all for the Browns beat too so it's solid.