Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Congrats HB!

And welcome back Winger, I've been wondering where you were.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I need a drink.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

reserves the right to appear insane at any given moment.

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:I need a drink.

There are glasses in the cabinet and plenty of cold water in the fridge. Help yourself.

Quote:So I just pulled off my best impression of Andy Dufresne in The Shawshank Redemption.. Warden Norton threw me in the message board hole for 30 days. It was dark, damp and smelled like cheese. I even saw TMD's name carved in the thick, sweaty concrete that encases evil encumbered message board spirits.. Little do these so called wardens know, they can break my body, but they will never break my spirit..

These wardens will also be happy to know, that during my time in the hole, I've not only read the message board CoC, but I also memorized it.. "Do as I say, Not as I do".. Lesson learned..

You didn't have to crawl through a sewer pipe to get out, did you?

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014, 05:58 AM by EricC85.)

Hb soak it all in and then rejoice. Try to stay positive in front of the parents, having a kid at 22 the rest of the world will be negative enough towards them. That was the hardest part for me and my wife when we had our first so young ( she was 19 I was 21) no on gave us a chance and everyone asked how could we let this happen. Every time my wife was pregnant after that she was terrified to tell anyone it became a burden hoping people would be happy when they found out and if not preparing yourself for their attacks.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I got my tax refund today WOOHOO! New couch and TV, here I come!

Quote:I got my tax refund today WOOHOO! New couch and TV, here I come!
Couch? TV? For that kind of money you can get that Asian mail order bride you oh so want.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Couch? TV? For that kind of money you can get that Asian mail order bride you oh so want.

<del>For that kind of money you can only get the bargain basement brides.</del>

I mean, I wouldn't know, it's not like I ever compared prices or anything.

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014, 10:36 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Hb soak it all in and then rejoice. Try to stay positive in front of the parents, having a kid at 22 the rest of the world will be negative enough towards them. That was the hardest part for me and my wife when we had our first so young ( she was 19 I was 21) no on gave us a chance and everyone asked how could we let this happen. Every time my wife was pregnant after that she was terrified to tell anyone it became a burden hoping people would be happy when they found out and if not preparing yourself for their attacks.

Back several decades ago, 21 - 22 wasn't even considered young to start a family. People became like the above (the ones he's describing) in later decades once society got uber selfish and raising a kid takes away from "me" time. 

Quote:Couch? TV? For that kind of money you can get that Asian mail order bride you oh so want.

...."Couch" & "TV" are his euphemism for "mail order Asian bride"....don't let him fool you. 

Quote:Back a few decades ago, 21 - 22 wasn't even considered young to start a family. People became like the above (the ones he's describing) in later decades once society got uber selfish and raising a kid takes away from "me" time.
Baloney!

Speaking from actual experience, the fact that it started to become necessary for both partners to be working is what contributed to the 'lateness' of families being started.

Define 'a few decades ago'. Because we started our family in the early 80's a little after the housing market went bonkers. I was 30 when I had my first daughter and it had very little to do with your so-called 'me time'.

Selfish my [BLEEP].

We were so 'selfish' we were both working full time jobs and I was a waiter part time.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Baloney!

Speaking from actual experience, the fact that it started to become necessary for both partners to be working is what contributed to the 'lateness' of families being started.

Define 'a few decades ago'. Because we started our family in the early 80's a little after the housing market went bonkers. I was 30 when I had my first daughter and it had very little to do with your so-called 'me time'.

Selfish my [BAD WORD REMOVED].

We were so 'selfish' we were both working full time jobs and I was a waiter part time.

Maybe what I said it doesn't apply to you, but that doesn't make the overall concept any less true... 

Quote:Maybe what I said it doesn't apply to you, but that doesn't make the overall concept any less true...
Please. Just because you have some weird views of society in general, most definitely doesn't make them true.

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2014, 10:29 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Please. Just because you have some weird views of society in general, most definitely doesn't make them true.

ain't no weird views on society today, its called reality. Most are like that. 

Look at what Eric describes in his post....one of the main reasons his peers were negative about his having children that soon is likely because that concept was foreign to them. They were still having fun, man....don't need no extra responsibility....

I commend Eric and people like him. I wish more young people were as grounded as he was/ is at that age. Its fleeting at this point. ANd per his descriptions, he doesn't shirk his responsibility post-kids, either...he worked hard and provided for his family. 

Your 'reality'.

End of story.

Quote:Congrats HB!

And welcome back Winger, I've been wondering where you were.

Thanks Bro!! Smile

Quote:You didn't have to crawl through a sewer pipe to get out, did you?

Nope. I chose to serve my full sentence instead of escaping  Ninja

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Thanks Bro!! Smile

Nope. I chose to serve my full sentence instead of escaping  Ninja

Psssh! We know you you tried the sewer...it just didn't work out for you!!! Tongue
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

For the record is the "me" time that caused having kids at a young age Laughing

But in all seriousness I don't advice people having kids at ages 19-23 several factors come into play mostly economics. Having kids is EXPENSIVE HOLY CRAP IS IT EXPENSIVE and at 19 or 22 most young adults simply don't have the income to support a family. Now if you wait until you can afford kids you'll never have them but there's a reasonable point with some sacrifice you can start a family. I applaud people that wait until they're able and ready to provide for their kids, that's the responsible thing to do. That said if you end up having a kid young, it can be done with extreme sacrifice and hard work, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. I personally believe every child is a blessing and the timing is not always ours to choose.

Look I go to the store now with my family of 6 and people look at us like where Amish or don't know how it happens. I get asked on a regular basis, "are you done yet?", "you need a hobby", "Is that all of them?" and so on, it's definitely not popular to have a big family today but I wouldn't have it any other way.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:For the record is the "me" time that caused having kids at a young age Laughing

But in all seriousness I don't advice people having kids at ages 19-23 several factors come into play mostly economics. Having kids is EXPENSIVE HOLY CRAP IS IT EXPENSIVE and at 19 or 22 most young adults simply don't have the income to support a family. Now if you wait until you can afford kids you'll never have them but there's a reasonable point with some sacrifice you can start a family. I applaud people that wait until they're able and ready to provide for their kids, that's the responsible thing to do. That said if you end up having a kid young, it can be done with extreme sacrifice and hard work, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. I personally believe every child is a blessing and the timing is not always ours to choose.

Look I go to the store now with my family of 6 and people look at us like where Amish or don't know how it happens. I get asked on a regular basis, "are you done yet?", "you need a hobby", "Is that all of them?" and so on, it's definitely not popular to have a big family today but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I agree with you and Mr. Cabesa. I had my son at 20 and finances were by far the biggest hurdle to overcome. I made under $20k for probably my sons first 5 years -- I didn't even buy him Xmas presents (he doesn't remember haha). Whereas all three of my brothers waited until they were financially secure, and everything always looks so easy for them in that area -- but they look like they might physically pass out all the time because they're chasing babies all day long.

As far as what TMD is saying, I think he is off base with "me time" being the reason people don't have kids, but on the other hand I think it is true that there is a "me time" problem with many young families - it just doesn't stop them from having kids IMO. I think some people have kids without thinking it through or realizing what that involves, and are overwhelmed by the commitment or unwilling to sacrifice some sections of their own life for the good of their children's.

And don't even get me started on those parents that take their infant children to the movie theatre...

Quote:For the record is the "me" time that caused having kids at a young age Laughing

I'm no expert at procreation but I am an expert at "me time" and I can unequivocally say that "me time" won't lead to offspring.