Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:That's definitely hot, but 11% humidity.. Ole Jax right now is at 59% humidity  Sick

Ever notice how hot it gets right after it rains in the summer? Yucko..

Quote:But you know, a dry heat does make a difference.  I worked a second job in a warehouse for a couple of years while I was there and I don't ever remember becoming soaked in sweat like I do here.  But that sun can be awful brutal.

While you guys are right, and I'll take our heat over your heat any day, I promise I will be quite sweaty today. I think, whichever type of heat your used to, the other type is unbearable. In my experience anyway.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The sad part is, it's not even officially summer yet.. June 21st I believe is the start of summer.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:  

While you guys are right, and I'll take our heat over your heat any day, I promise I will be quite sweaty today. I think, whichever type of heat your used to, the other type is unbearable. In my experience anyway.

Definitely.. Just keep hydrated dude.. 

Quote:And when you drink a beer at the end of the day it goes straight to your head.  

I'm sure the warehouse was no picnic, but neither was working in a 100+ degree kitchen with 60-70%+ humidity. I remember constantly drinking pitchers of icewater and rarely if ever having to go to the bathroom, because it would just sweat outta ya. 

Quote:I'm sure the warehouse was no picnic, but neither was working in a 100+ degree kitchen with 60-70%+ humidity. I remember constantly drinking pitchers of icewater and rarely if ever having to go to the bathroom, because it would just sweat outta ya. 

Drinking ice water in excessive heat can be damaging. It can shock your system and give severe cramps. 

Quote:Drinking ice water in excessive heat can be damaging. It can shock your system and give severe cramps. 

Beats passing out through dehydration/ heat stroke. I don't remember having any issues such as the above mentions.  Maybe I was lucky. 

Quote:Beats passing out through dehydration/ heat stroke. I don't remember having any issues such as the above mentions.  Maybe I was lucky. 

Maybe you had the proper amount of hydration and salt to replace what you've lost from the heat.. 

Quote:The fact I have a 60 inch TV should've been information enough without me opening my big mouth.

60 inch is about the perfect size, I have a 50 inch a couple years old and enjoy the heck out of it. My Father-In-Law being the type that always has to one up someone went out and bought a 70 inch but honestly when I go to watch something at his place it's just TO BIG, your eyes can't keep up with everything and the picture always looks like it's a cheap green screen in the back. I dunno, I like my 50 think a 60 would be nice, but know a 70 is just to damn big.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:60 inch is about the perfect size, I have a 50 inch a couple years old and enjoy the heck out of it. My Father-In-Law being the type that always has to one up someone went out and bought a 70 inch but honestly when I go to watch something at his place it's just TO BIG, your eyes can't keep up with everything and the picture always looks like it's a cheap green screen in the back. I dunno, I like my 50 think a 60 would be nice, but know a 70 is just to damn big.

TV size should correspond to viewing distance. That's why a good salesman will always ask you to take a step back "in order to really appreciate the quality of the picture". What he's really doing is placing you at the right distance for the larger TV when what you really need is a slightly smaller set.

Quote:No. It's on the black TV furniture thingie in front of the 5x5 closet thingie.

On a related note; putting together Ikea furniture by yourself on a 25 degree Celsius day really sucks.

Quote:25 degrees Celsius? Isn't that mid 70's? I'd kill for that.

Quick...someone get the violins!!! There's a sad, [BLEEP] going on here that needs some serious accompaniment !!!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:When you're as sweaty as quickly as I am 25 degrees is sucky enough. And I don't want to hear about your Florida summers, you guys have A/C in practically every home, office, store and car.

We are just all modern that way! You should try it...you wouldn't be complaining about spring like weather!!

When it hits the 70's we throw open the windows and air out the house! :thumbsup:

Quote:The fact I have a 60 inch TV should've been information enough without me opening my big mouth.

Trying to make up for some sort of.....shortcomings... :whistling:

Would hate to see him in the Midwest. His lily white skin would be burnt to a crisp in 5 minutes. That sun is harsh.

Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

I grew up with no a/c and then lived in the Philippines for 4 years without it.  A person grows accustomed.   

Quote:I grew up with no a/c and then lived in the Philippines for 4 years without it.  A person grows accustomed.   

Been through a Typhoon or two, I'd imagine?...maybe even a super Typhoon?

My wife and I just had a little one.

A little 8wk old puppy. She was doing so well I almost thought she was pre-potty trained. Let's just say she proved me wrong this afternoon after her vet appointment.

Quote:My wife and I just had a little one.

A little 8wk old puppy. She was doing so well I almost thought she was pre-potty trained. Let's just say she proved me wrong this afternoon after her vet appointment.

Oh boy....I can just imagine the responses you just set yourself up for with that Ninja 

Quote:Oh boy....I can just imagine the responses you just set yourself up for with that Ninja
That was half intentional. But you know what? I don't mind. All in good fun. Let's just hope I can get my wife to use the toilet.

Quote:That was half intentional. But you know what? I don't mind. All in good fun. Let's just hope I can get my wife to use the toilet.

Laughing Laughing Laughing  :thumbsup: 

...oh she had the hiccups today at the vet. Sooo cute. I had 3 VERY older ladies talking to me and petting my puppy. Why didn't I get a puppy after high school?? So stupid!