Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:When you're as sweaty as quickly as I am 25 degrees is sucky enough. And I don't want to hear about your Florida summers, you guys have A/C in practically every home, office, store and car.

And when it's 77 the air conditioners are off and we talk about how beautiful the weather is.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's not the heat that's deadly. It's the humidity.. We need the AC here because it's like swamp land outside during the summer.. I've even heard it described as "breathing peanut butter"..

Humidity or heat are both irrelevant when the longest you stay in it is the 3 minutes it takes you to get from your car to the door.

Quote:Humidity or heat are both irrelevant when the longest you stay in it is the 3 minutes it takes you to get from your car to the door.

I worked construction for 17 years in this heat, year round.. Most of it being outside..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Humidity or heat are both irrelevant when the longest you stay in it is the 3 minutes it takes you to get from your car to the door.

Most everyone I know works outside in the heat, most of Florida is either construction, landscaping, pool cleaning, Trade work ect.... all of that's outside.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I worked construction for 17 years in this heat, year round.. Most of it being outside..

Same here. started as a Mud Mixer, then mason tenders, then equipment operator to truck driver, and those trucks didn't have an AC in them

[Image: review.jpg]

Too late, DF.  You showed everyone your Euroweenie.

Quote:Same here. started as a Mud Mixer, then mason tenders, then equipment operator to truck driver, and those trucks didn't have an AC in them

1 3 3

1 cement

3 sand

3 rock

Quote:Too late, DF.  You showed everyone your Euroweenie.

The fact I have a 60 inch TV should've been information enough without me opening my big mouth.

Quote:I worked construction for 17 years in this heat, year round.. Most of it being outside..

...uphill....both ways....

Quote:...uphill....both ways....

If you're so jealous of me getting to go outside, talk to your parents.. I'm sure they'd love to oblige ya.. 

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2014, 05:12 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Laughing Laughing

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhou...o+CA+93710

107 here today. I'm just about to leave y'all to go hoe some puncturevines on my row ends. Gonna be fun stuff.

DF stay cool today man.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Fresno+CA+93710'>http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Fresno+CA+93710</a>

107 here today. I'm just about to leave y'all to go hoe some puncturevines on my row ends. Gonna be fun stuff.

DF stay cool today man.

I can't wait to go back to work tomorrow and sit in that glorious A/C. I'm going to turn that thermostat all the way and clobber anyone who dares lay a finger on the thing.

Quote:The fact I have a 60 inch TV should've been information enough without me opening my big mouth.

It's okay, I'm two up on ya.  I have a 70 inch and a thermostat that's set to 78.   Wink

Hey, everyone!  Look at my weenie!   Banana

Quote:It's okay, I'm two up on ya.  I have a 70 inch and a thermostat that's set to 78.   Wink

Hey, everyone!  Look at my weenie!   Banana

It's inverted!

Quote:http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhou...o+CA+93710

DF stay cool today man.

That's definitely hot, but 11% humidity.. Ole Jax right now is at 59% humidity  Sick

Ever notice how hot it gets right after it rains in the summer? Yucko..

Quote:http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhou...o+CA+93710

DF stay cool today man.

But you know, a dry heat does make a difference.  I worked a second job in a warehouse for a couple of years while I was there and I don't ever remember becoming soaked in sweat like I do here.  But that sun can be awful brutal.  

Quote:But you know, a dry heat does make a difference.  I worked a second job in a warehouse for a couple of years while I was there and I don't ever remember becoming soaked in sweat like I do here.  But that sun can be awful brutal.  

It'll zap the fluids right outta your body dude, and not in a good way.. 

Quote:It's inverted!

No, that's my belly button.

I think...

Quote:It'll zap the fluids right outta your body dude, and not in a good way.. 

And when you drink a beer at the end of the day it goes straight to your head.