Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL*** Baseball Thread 2014

Quote:Deacon, Reimold coming off DL tomorrow, reporting to Baltimore tomorrow.

Good. After that thrashing yesterday administered by Oakland, they need all the help they can get.

How about Machado getting into all of these tiffs? I wonder what's gotten under his skin.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Good. After that thrashing yesterday administered by Oakland, they need all the help they can get.

How about Machado getting into all of these tiffs? I wonder what's gotten under his skin.
Hope he has a good rehab stint and then can help. Will be doing his rehab assignment in Bowie.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2014, 10:17 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Good. After that thrashing yesterday administered by Oakland, they need all the help they can get.

How about Machado flat out lying and trying to act like the bat "slipped" out of his hands accidentally?

Pathetic that liars like that think the rest of the world is so dumb and that we can't see through their bull crap. 

Quote:How about Machado flat out lying and trying to act like the bat "slipped" out of his hands accidentally?

Pathetic that liars like that think the rest of the world is so dumb and that we can't see through their bull crap. 

He's trying not to get fined.  I don't blame him.

The pitcher deserved it.  If I'm a batter and a pitcher throws at me, there needs to be some sort of pay back.  If a pitcher is scared a bat is coming at his head, it may not happen.

Quote:He's trying not to get fined.  I don't blame him.

The pitcher deserved it.  If I'm a batter and a pitcher throws at me, there needs to be some sort of pay back.  If a pitcher is scared a bat is coming at his head, it may not happen.

huh? The bat was intended for Donaldson, the 3B, not the pitcher. 

Machado had gotten into it with Donaldson earlier in the weekend because Machado claimed that Donaldson was "too forceful" on a tag out play. (which was absurd, I saw the play). 

Poor Johan Santana. His body is telling him to hang em up.

Quote:huh? The bat was intended for Donaldson, the 3B, not the pitcher. 

Machado had gotten into it with Donaldson earlier in the weekend because Machado claimed that Donaldson was "too forceful" on a tag out play. (which was absurd, I saw the play). 

Oh, is that what happened?  I thought he was going after the pitcher and missed.

Thats the problem with baseball.  It's hard to get retribution.  Football is easy...if someone does something dirty to you, it's usually not too hard to get them back.

Diesel, you an Orioles fan? Machado has been acting like a classless punk and does not deserve any of this defending.

Quote:Diesel, you an Orioles fan? Machado has been acting like a classless punk and does not deserve any of this defending.

No, I thought he was throwing the bat at the pitcher because he was throwing at him.

I'm a Pirates fan, and went to a game in St Louis this year....fun ballpark to watch a game.

Quote:huh? The bat was intended for Donaldson, the 3B, not the pitcher. 

Looks like I may have been correct.

"In the bottom of the eighth inning, with the A’s leading the Orioles 10-0, Oakland reliever Fernando Abad threw his first pitch way inside to Machado, and then did the same with his second pitch. Machado hacked at the second offering, but let his bat go in the direction of the A’s defense. It ended up sailing down the leftfield line, past third baseman Alberto Callaspo"

http://mlb.si.com/2014/06/08/manny-macha...?eref=sihp

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2014, 02:10 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Looks like I may have been correct.

"In the bottom of the eighth inning, with the A’s leading the Orioles 10-0, Oakland reliever Fernando Abad threw his first pitch way inside to Machado, and then did the same with his second pitch. Machado hacked at the second offering, but let his bat go in the direction of the A’s defense. It ended up sailing down the leftfield line, past third baseman Alberto Callaspo"

http://mlb.si.com/2014/06/08/manny-macha...?eref=sihp

How is any of that disproving what I am saying?

I said the bat was intentionally let go and it was in the direction of Donaldson, the 3B....because of the earlier altercation the 2 had. 

They showed it enough times on the MLB network, along with the back story leading up to it. 

Quote:How is any of that disproving what I am saying?

I said the bat was intentionally let go and it was in the direction of Donaldson, the 3B....because of the earlier altercation the 2 had. 

They showed it enough times on the MLB network, along with the back story leading up to it. 

Donaldson wasn't in the game. Callaspo was playing 3rd.

Machado is mad at Donaldson for the prior altercation...

Machado is mad at Abad for the inside pitch...

so Machado throws a bat at Callaspo?

Regardless, you don't throw a bat. Machado is a punk.

Quote:Donaldson wasn't in the game. Callaspo was playing 3rd.

Machado is mad at Donaldson for the prior altercation...

Machado is mad at Abad for the inside pitch...

so Machado throws a bat at Callaspo?

Regardless, you don't throw a bat. Machado is a punk.

Thank you for explaining this for me.

I wasn't explaining it to you. I'm agreeing with you that the bat was most likely intended to go at the pitcher. Why throw a bat at Alberto Callaspo if you are mat at Donaldson (not in the game) and Abad (pitcher)?

Still, throwing your bat at a pitcher because of an inside pitch is ridiculous.

Quote:I wasn't explaining it to you. I'm agreeing with you that the bat was most likely intended to go at the pitcher. Why throw a bat at Alberto Callaspo if you are mat at Donaldson (not in the game) and Abad (pitcher)?

Still, throwing your bat at a pitcher because of an inside pitch is ridiculous.

Well the 3B clearly thought it was intentional - and aimed at him on purpose , via his response. If you watch the replay he throws his hands up like "what the hell"???

I stand corrected for assuming it was Donaldson, (if thats really true that he was not in the game at that point - not sure why he'd be out of the game, but whatever) perhaps when the TV guys were going over the replay was when they mentioned the ongoing Donaldson Machado feud, and I assumed he was still in the game. 

I wouldn't think it would be that hard to aim the bat at the pitcher if that was really his target. 

It's harder than you would think when you consider he also has to try and disguise it as a real swing and accidental. (Key word: try).

Machado was interviewed today and seemed apologetic. 

We'll see. Actions speak louder than words. 

I still don't see what Machado was upset out.. Looks like when that guy tried to tag him out there other day he just lost his balance.

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2014, 08:32 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I still don't see what Machado was upset out.. Looks like when that guy tried to tag him out there other day he just lost his balance.

Thats exactly how I saw it as well. 

The anger he showed after that play was nothing but sour grapes. 

I have no idea how he has/ had this opinion that somehow Donaldson was "too aggressive" on the tag. Its crap. 

TMD, you better tell Martinez he is suppose to be a bad hitter. The dude is absolutely locked in.