Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 09:52 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:Why would someone change their opinion in a 4 game sample size.

1. A lot of people (vagrantwide being one of them) think it is very unlikely you find a franchise QB in the 2nd round.

2. A lot of people (vagrantwide being one of them) think that it is unlikely the Jaguars would land a franchise QB with pick #33 in what is being heralded as one of the deepest QB classes of all time.

3. Geno Smith dropped to the 2nd round in one of the weakest draft classes of all time.

4. Geno Smith has looked really, really, bad in his first four games.

I figured he may have changed his mind. Most of the Geno Smith fanboys have admitted to being wrong about Geno Smith's value. vagrantwide, not so much.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Nothing he has done this year would suggest otherwise. He has been quite impressive with very subpar surround talent.

Yes, and we are all "idiots if we think the Jaguars take a RT (Joeckel) over a QB (Geno)". You couldn't just be okay with our opinion that Geno Smith wasn't worth the #2 overall pick, KYjaggy, you had to call us idiots for thinking so. I don't expect you to quit hugging Geno's leg anytime soon.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 10:00 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Yes, and we are all "idiots if we think the Jaguars take a RT (Joeckel) over a QB (Geno)". You couldn't just be okay with our opinion that Geno Smith wasn't worth the #2 overall pick, KYjaggy, you had to call us idiots for thinking so. I don't expect you to quit hugging Geno's leg anytime soon.
Him and vagrantwade gets like that with certain players.  Its a man love.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 10:09 PM by KYjaggy.)

Quote:Yes, and we are all "idiots if we think the Jaguars take a RT (Joeckel) over a QB (Geno)". You couldn't just be okay with our opinion that Geno Smith wasn't worth the #2 overall pick, KYjaggy, you had to call us idiots for thinking so. I don't expect you to quit hugging Geno's leg anytime soon.
I think Dave just proved that he in fact didn't take a RT at 2. I also think that Geno is proving that him at #2 wouldn't have been stupid at all either. He's not a Teddy level prospect, but he is still a very good one.

Quote:I think Dave just proved that he in fact didn't take a RT at 2. 

When people predicted we take Joeckel #2 over Geno, you called them an idiot. Dave took Joeckel #2 and Geno fell to the 2nd round. You still won't even admit you were even kind of wrong. There is nothing wrong with being accountable, man.

Geno is playing well.
Shock the world

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 10:17 PM by Jinjo.)

Quote:1. A lot of people (vagrantwide being one of them) think it is very unlikely you find a franchise QB in the 2nd round.

2. A lot of people (vagrantwide being one of them) think that it is unlikely the Jaguars would land a franchise QB with pick #33 in what is being heralded as one of the deepest QB classes of all time.

3. Geno Smith dropped to the 2nd round in one of the weakest draft classes of all time.

4. Geno Smith has looked really, really, bad in his first four games.

I figured he may have changed his mind. Most of the Geno Smith fanboys have admitted to being wrong about Geno Smith's value. vagrantwide, not so much.

1.) That is statistically correct.

2.) Its still very unlikely, because the very good QBs go in the 1st.

3.) It doesnt matter where he was drafted, if he ends up being good than he deserved to be drafted higher.

4.) Its too early to judge him. Jumping to conclusions based of 4 games in a guys career is stupid. Especially a guy who is adjusting from running a run and shoot spread type offense, to a pro style offense. These things take time.

Quote:When people predicted we take Joeckel #2 over Geno, you called them an idiot. Dave took Joeckel #2 and Geno fell to the 2nd round. You still won't even admit you were even kind of wrong. There is nothing wrong with being accountable, man.
No, I very clearly specified every single time that Joeckel at LT was very worth the #2 pick. I was very sure to make it clear that RT was the entire reason I didn't like him at 2.

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 10:23 PM by Joe.)

Quote:When people predicted we take Joeckel #2 over Geno, you called them an idiot. Dave took Joeckel #2 and Geno fell to the 2nd round. You still won't even admit you were even kind of wrong. There is nothing wrong with being accountable, man.
We took a punter over Russel Wilson in round 3.

GMs are not right all the time. That's why they all get fired so often.

Is it so hard to believe that Geno COULD be good?

Quote:We took a punter over Russel Wilson in round 3.

GMs are not right all the time. That's why they all get fired so often.

Is it so hard to believe that Geno COULD be good?

GMs are wrong, a lot. My point, again, is that it takes more than one good game vs a bad defense for me to say 32 NFL GMs were wrong. Is that so hard to agree with?

Quote:1.) That is statistically correct.

2.) Its still very unlikely, because the very good QBs go in the 1st.

3.) It doesnt matter where he was drafted, if he ends up being good than he deserved to be drafted higher.

4.) Its too early to judge him. Jumping to conclusions based of 4 games in a guys career is stupid. Especially a guy who is adjusting from running a run and shoot spread type offense, to a pro style offense. These things take time.

If Geno was drafted in the top 5, it would take me a lot more than 4 bad games to write it off as a bad pick. Likewise, if Geno was drafted in the 2nd round it is going to take more than one good game vs a trash defense for me to crown him 1st round talent. Catch my drift?

Quote:GMs are wrong, a lot. My point, again, is that it takes more than one good game vs a bad defense for me to say 32 NFL GMs were wrong. Is that so hard to agree with?
I actually do agree with that.

Im just saying, give credit where it is due. He is playing good tonight, and if he continues, then it is very possible that he should of been taken in the 1st.

Quote:I actually do agree with that.

Im just saying, give credit where it is due. He is playing good tonight, and if he continues, then it is very possible that he should of been taken in the 1st.

And if he does, I'll be here admitting I was wrong about the guy.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2013, 01:37 AM by Jinjo.)

Quote:If Geno was drafted in the top 5, it would take me a lot more than 4 bad games to write it off as a bad pick. Likewise, if Geno was drafted in the 2nd round it is going to take more than one good game vs a trash defense for me to crown him 1st round talent. Catch my drift?

Youre acting like hes already a bust after 4 games, which is why I said shut up and dont jump to conclusions. You constantly attack people who had a strong opinion on a player, as if youve never been wrong in youre life, its very childish.

Quote:Youre acting like hes already a bust after 4 games, which is why I said shut up and dont jump to conclusions. You constantly attack people who had a strong opinion on a player, as if youve never been wrong in youre life, its very childish.

It's really all he does. Him an some other posters who shall not be named rarely contribute anything to the actual conversation.

TEST

still waiting for those links comparing teddy to luck/manning tbh  :whistling:

Quote:Youre acting like hes already a bust after 4 games, which is why I said shut up and dont jump to conclusions. You constantly attack people who had a strong opinion on a player, as if youve never been wrong in youre life, its very childish.

Then why don't you reply to those saying "Looks like he was worth a first rounder" after one good game and tell them to shut up and not jump to conclusions?

Not understanding all the Geno bashing. 

He's playing pretty well, all things considered. 

He looks better as a 5 game starter than Gabbert looks in his 3rd year. 

Just because Geno wasn't worth the 2nd overall pick, doesn't mean he's crap. 

Food for thought to make you feel old.

Teddy was born the year Terminator 2 came out and 3 years after Christmas Vacation came out.

Quote:Just because Geno wasn't worth the 2nd overall pick, doesn't mean he's crap.

I think a lot of it has to do with some, myself included, believing he was worth the number 2 pick.

Not sure if you were in the Geno debates but this is tame compared to what it used to be. My goodness, it was awful.