Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:Yeah, I've heard that before.  Years of therapy later...

But just think...if you hadn't of "tried it" what would you have to talk to your therapist about?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:But just think...if you hadn't of "tried it" what would you have to talk to your therapist about?

Clowns

Snakes

Roaches

Halitosis

Bridges

Fire Trucks

Guns

The list goes on and on of the things we could have discussed. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Today I got my first taste of just how easy it is to extract sensitive personal data from someone just by knowing a few details and bluffing.

Quote:Today I got my first taste of just how easy it is to extract sensitive personal data from someone just by knowing a few details and bluffing.

Pretty soon you'll be up there with all those Nigerian Princes that keep trying to give me money!

Quote:Today I got my first taste of just how easy it is to extract sensitive personal data from someone just by knowing a few details and bluffing.

Been cruising those middle schools again, eh?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

What? No bamboo shoots under the fingernails? No Chinese Water Torture?

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:What? No bamboo shoots under the fingernails? No Chinese Water Torture?

Nah.  He just took their Barbie dolls away.

Quote:Clowns

Snakes

Roaches

Halitosis

Bridges

Fire Trucks

Guns

The list goes on and on of the things we could have discussed.

You got me there...

Quote:You got me there...
Some help you are. 

Quote:Some help you are.

I tried...you just used to many words and I got tired.

"bluffing"....the modern word for lying to make it sound like its not as bad. 

Quote:I tried...you just used to many words and I got tired.

Ah, gotcha. 

Turns out it was nothing anyway. 

I had to return the from my old apartment to the cable company but I didn't have an address to send it to and the name on the contract that of my old housemate. The lady on the phone asked me to confirm the DOB and all I remembered was the month so I guessed the day and year and she just gave me the full DOB. I'm pretty sure she's not supposed to do that.

Quote:I had to return the from my old apartment to the cable company but I didn't have an address to send it to and the name on the contract that of my old housemate. The lady on the phone asked me to confirm the DOB and all I remembered was the month so I guessed the day and year and she just gave me the full DOB. I'm pretty sure she's not supposed to do that.

Ya think?

I don't know if that was as much about bluffing someone as it was about running into an idiot who shouldn't have access to the personal information of others. 

You are well on your way to being a first rate hacker.  It's never about details, it's all about the end result.  -_-

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Whenever I feel a bit sad I go do a free IQ test. That always cheers me up.

Quote:Whenever I feel a bit sad I go do a free IQ test. That always cheers me up.
Anything over 10 is always such a nice thing.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Whenever I feel a bit sad I go do a free IQ test. That always cheers me up.

Whenever I feel a bit sad I watch Asian [BAD WORD REMOVED] [BAD WORD REMOVED] pron. What's your malfunction dude?

....boy I never should have come to work sober again today.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:....boy I never should have come to work sober again today.

It's kind of a bummer, ain't it?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!