Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney vs Bridgewater

Quote:I'll be very disappointed if we don't walk away with two QBs from the 2014 class. It is too deep to not take two guys to increase the odds of landing a franchise QB. Even if we take Teddy #1, I'd hope we take another QB in the 3rd or 4th round. I would like to see the Jaguars go into next year with 2 young QBs and a veteran backup.

QB1: Teddy Bridgewater (1st round). Potential to be great.

QB2: Veteran backup (Kolb or somebody). If Teddy turns out to be elite and immediately makes the Jaguars a contender, it would be nice to have a decent #2 option.

QB3: Jimmy Garoppolo (5th round). A project QB. In the 5th round someone like Garoppolo runs low risk with potential for high reward.
I like Keith Price for a late round QB

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If they had came out in 2013, Clowney would have been the unquestioned number 1 overall pick. Bridgewater would most likely be the first QB taken, ahead of Manuel.

Quote:If they had came out in 2013, Clowney would have been the unquestioned number 1 overall pick. Bridgewater would most likely be the first QB taken, ahead of Manuel.
The vast majority of the rest of the world disagrees strongly. Teddy would have gone #1 if eligible last year.

Quote:A Franchise Quarterback, sure.

But we seem to have different definitions of Franchise Quarterback. I would not consider Andy Dalton a franchise Quarterback. Would you?

As a Bengals fan, and regular attendee of their hone games, I must agree with you on Dalton. Hey, I like the guy as a QB. But, he is just an average game manager. If the Bengals had a guy that was even just a little better, I believe they would be a dominant team. Dalton is holding them back (at this point). Their roster is loaded with talent. Their defense and DC are awesome. Their offensive skill guys are legit (and they're loaded with them), and their OL is very good.

This is Dalton's 3rd year, so maybe he'll keep improving. He better, because the Bengals are very young and talented across the board. Dalton is the one holding them back right now (even though they're still playing well).

Bengals + Better QB = Awesome team

De'Anthony Thomas in the second if he's there?
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:When it comes to QB....when you gamble & lose, your franchise is set back years. 

Not the case or same degree with other positions when you gamble & lose. 

Thats why the sentiment is so strong for wanting to draft Bridgewater. He's the closest thing to a sure thing for the QB position that you will find. On par with Manning/ Luck, albeit maybe slightly less of a prospect than those 2. 

I agree with this.

But what happens if Tampa Bay gets the first pick and we have to settle for the #2 pick?  Surely, Tampa Bay will take Teddy in this scenario.  Do we then take the BAP and look for a QB in a later round?

I'm of the opinion that if we have the #2 pick, and our dear Teddy is gone, we sulk for a minute, then we take the next best QB -- which will be Mariota or Hundley.  I think both of these players have the potential to be absolute ballers in the NFL.  Sure, they may not end up being as good as Teddy...but we need a QB.  I'd still go with the philosophy of taking the more talented QB in round one then the less talented in rounds 2-7 (though Anthony Barr would be tempting).

So what does GM Mad Dog do in this situation?

Quote:A child born from the Jim Rome school of intelligent discussion.

Congrats to you.  You've become one of the biggest jackasses of the board in very short time.

This had everything to do with Clowney taking the season off, and absolutley nothing to to with Bridgewater.  Had things remained constant, he'd have more than likely still been the BAP.  Would a QB starved team have passed over him for Bridgewater?  Absolutely.  I alluded to that as well.  You'd have remembered, if you cared to have a civil discussion, but then... I don't expect anything resembling an objective discussion from you.

The insults, well, as long as you are "trying".

I think it is debatable whether Clowney or Bridgewater would be consensus had Clowney not tanked the season.

Why do we get so wrapped up in what the experts think is the consensus pick though?  They miss so much.  We all do.  Human being in themselves are unpredictable.  What do you see in the prospect, what is your opinion?  Who cares what everyone else thinks.  Not saying you do, I'm just sayin.

Quote: 

Regarding comment 2.....seriously? How you can type that with a straight face is beyond me.....then again, I can't see if you're laughing while typing....

He must have been asked to be more civil from someone.  As long as he is trying right?  Doesn't matter if he is actually being civil.  Kind of like admitting you have a drinking problem, go to the meetings and get hammered every night afterwards.  Am I right?

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2013, 09:58 AM by BluegrassBrandon.)

Quote:If they had came out in 2013, Clowney would have been the unquestioned number 1 overall pick. Bridgewater would most likely be the first QB taken, ahead of Manuel.

I really can't see the Chiefs taking Clowney over Bridgewater. If Reid was still gung-ho on trading for Smith, then he could've actually auctioned the pick off like he wanted to for someone wanting a 20-year-old franchise quarterback.

And Bridgewater being selected over EJ Manuel goes without saying.

Quote:I like Keith Price for a late round QB

100% agree. Take Bridgewater in the first and Price in the 4th.
Shock the world

Quote:I agree with this.

But what happens if Tampa Bay gets the first pick and we have to settle for the #2 pick?  Surely, Tampa Bay will take Teddy in this scenario.  Do we then take the BAP and look for a QB in a later round?

I'm of the opinion that if we have the #2 pick, and our dear Teddy is gone, we sulk for a minute, then we take the next best QB -- which will be Mariota or Hundley.  I think both of these players have the potential to be absolute ballers in the NFL.  Sure, they may not end up being as good as Teddy...but we need a QB.  I'd still go with the philosophy of taking the more talented QB in round one then the less talented in rounds 2-7 (though Anthony Barr would be tempting).

So what does GM Mad Dog do in this situation?

Hrmmm....In that scenario, (From a Jags point of view) I think I would try to trade down and stockpile picks, because I see less of a chasm in ceiling/ ability between most of the other remaining QB in the draft than I do between all those QB as a group and Teddy. 

Quote:He must have been asked to be more civil from someone.  As long as he is trying right?  Doesn't matter if he is actually being civil.  Kind of like admitting you have a drinking problem, go to the meetings and get hammered every night afterwards.  Am I right?

Laughing Laughing 

pretty much nailed it

You guys should go check out Teddy's game against USF last year.. It's on YouTube... What a phenomenal game he played
Shock the world

Quote:I really can't see the Chiefs taking Clowney over Bridgewater. If Reid was still gung-ho on trading for Smith, then he could've actually auctioned the pick off like he wanted to for someone wanting a 20-year-old franchise quarterback.

And Bridgewater being selected over EJ Manuel goes without saying.
No GM will take a true 20 year old QB, with only 2 years experiences, with the first overall pick. I never knew who Luck was until 2011, and he was a redshirt sophomore. Clowney is a different beast, and plays a different position.

Quote:No GM will take a true 20 year old QB, with only 2 years experiences, with the first overall pick. I never knew who Luck was until 2011, and he was a redshirt sophomore. Clowney is a different beast, and plays a different position.

Um, guess you've never heard of Michael Vick.

Quote:Um, guess you've never heard of Michael Vick.

Hahaha nice, he was so adamant too.

And Drew Bledsoe turned 21, like, two months before the '93 draft. Big difference!

Quote:Um, guess you've never heard of Michael Vick.
Wait...was Vick drafted before they changed the rules about 3 years removed from high school requirement?  If so, you got me. LOL.

Quote:Wait...was Vick drafted before they changed the rules about 3 years removed from high school requirement?  If so, you got me. LOL.

You said 20-years-old with two years of experience. That's Vick.

Quote: 

Looks pretty first round to me.

To you and only you.

Quote:To you and only you.

You keep bringing up Geno Smith.  

...Do you ever bring up the fact that a lot of people here wanted Matt Scott in the 3rd or 4th?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.