Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I've always assumed golf was a pretty expensive sport to keep up with?

I don't have to many hobbies at this point in life but that's normal with 4 kids under 7. I guess you could call diaper changing a sport and damn I'm good at it at this point.

Depends on what you call expensive and where you want to play.  Golf course greens fees are all over the map, plus you can get discount cards if you want to play at higher end course.  I usually play at around $30, plus or minus a couple of bucks.  But you can play courses in the $20 range as well.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Depends on what you call expensive and where you want to play.  Golf course greens fees are all over the map, plus you can get discount cards if you want to play at higher end course.  I usually play at around $30, plus or minus a couple of bucks.  But you can play courses in the $20 range as well.

oh wow I thought it was a couple hundred bucks every time you guys went out. that's a whole lot more cost effective than I had thought. who knows maybe one day I'll take a swing at it.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:oh wow I thought it was a couple hundred bucks every time you guys went out. that's a whole lot more cost effective than I had thought. who knows maybe one day I'll take a swing at it.

The deal that I have is called "The Executive Card".  You pay $89 up front but then you get like 25 rounds at courses for $27 that normally cost $50-$60 to play.  It's a great deal as long as you use it.  I generally play every other week.  Occasionally I'll get away with an extra week per month but Mrs. C never complains and I don't want to push the envelope.   :thumbsup:

I walked nine a couple of days ago for $11.  Not bad for over two hours of frustrating fun and exercise.

Anyone ever eaten at Buca di Beppo?  I'm catering from there for my son's wedding rehearsal.  As long as it's as good as Stouffer's I'll be happy because just about every chain Italian eatery I've eaten at tastes like a Stouffer's entree.  Except Olive Garden.  They're food exceptionally sucks, is overpriced, and under-portioned.

Quote:Anyone ever eaten at Buca di Beppo?  I'm catering from there for my son's wedding rehearsal.  As long as it's as good as Stouffer's I'll be happy because just about every chain Italian eatery I've eaten at tastes like a Stouffer's entree.  Except Olive Garden.  They're food exceptionally sucks, is overpriced, and under-portioned.

I've eaten there once...and I don't remember it being bad. But I have only eaten there once...so it wasn't so good that I wanted to go back.

And I agree about Olive Garden...I don't get the hype around that place!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I've eaten there once...and I don't remember it being bad. But I have only eaten there once...so it wasn't so good that I wanted to go back.

And I agree about Olive Garden...I don't get the hype around that place!!

I gave Olive Garden the benefit of the doubt and went back, to another restaurant in another town.  It sucked as well.  Witness the power of effective advertising.

<span>Sometimes the grass on the other side is artificial turf. </span>

[Image: review.jpg]

Quote:Sometimes the grass on the other side is artificial turf.

So it would indeed be greener...

Quote:Anyone ever eaten at Buca di Beppo? I'm catering from there for my son's wedding rehearsal. As long as it's as good as Stouffer's I'll be happy because just about every chain Italian eatery I've eaten at tastes like a Stouffer's entree. Except Olive Garden. They're food exceptionally sucks, is overpriced, and under-portioned.
Buca - pretty bland generic Italian food.

My glowing endorsement - it doesn't suck.

Quote:Buca - pretty bland generic Italian food.

That's about all I can say about it too...

Quote:That's about all I can say about it too...
I prefer the mom & pop joints for Italian. All of the chains taste very mass-produced.

Then again, I guess Buca could be good for catering.

Quote:Buca - pretty bland generic Italian food.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I prefer the mom & pop joints for Italian. All of the chains taste very mass-produced.

Agreed.  We have a great place near us that's been there for as long as I can remember, and any time I can, I try to throw business his way. 

I'm working on an event right now that we're having catered by this restaurant.  I added him to the list of vendors because we're regulars there.  We're feeding 300+ people.  The food is better than the chain brands, and he's giving me a deal that's about $4.75 a head including bread and salad.  Can't beat that. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I prefer the mom & pop joints for Italian. All of the chains taste very mass-produced.

Yeah...it's food most people wouldn't have issues with. No weird stuff for the picky people! :thumbsup:

Quote:Agreed. We have a great place near us that's been there for as long as I can remember, and any time I can, I try to throw business his way.

I'm working on an event right now that we're having catered by this restaurant. I added him to the list of vendors because we're regulars there. We're feeding 300+ people. The food is better than the chain brands, and he's giving me a deal that's about $4.75 a head including bread and salad. Can't beat that.
Enza's?

Mmmmmmm...Enza's.

Quote:Yeah...it's food most people wouldn't have issues with. No weird stuff for the picky people! :thumbsup:

That's the mindset you have to have if you're going to be feeding a group of people, especially if you don't know the specific tastes of everyone in attendance.  Still, I'd prefer a generic meal like lasagna from a local haunt over paying more for the same thing from a chain.  We should support our local restaurants where we can as they continue to struggle against the big boys. 

Quote:Enza's?

Mmmmmmm...Enza's.
Nope.  Nero's in Arlington.  We live 5 minutes from the place, and Lenny makes some of the best pizza in town.  I can't recall ever being disappointed by a meal there. 

Quote:Nope. Nero's in Arlington. We live 5 minutes from the place, and Lenny makes some of the best pizza in town. I can't recall ever being disappointed by a meal there.
Don't get to that side of town often, although I've heard of Nero's. My golf buddy lives in Ft. Caroline.

If you're ever in Mandarin, you should try Enza's. The Channel 4 guys are in there a lot.

Quote:So it would indeed be greener...

Wink