Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

Quote:I'm leaving my town/state/country/continent/hemisphere today and from what I can tell, where I am going the tubes to the interwebs are bent and kinda leaky. I won't be checking in as much so y'all play nice and somebody peruse the daily birthdays so that no regulars get passed over.

I'm takin' this stoopid on the road!

Did you take a wrong toin at Albuquoiki?

Quote:Be safe Deacon!!!

Yeah, what she said. Wear a condom.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Did you take a wrong toin at Albuquoiki?

Or three...depending on where he's going!! :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Did you take a wrong toin at Albuquoiki?

I took that wrong turn a loooong time ago.

And do I have to have that thing on for the whole flight?!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I took that wrong turn a loooong time ago.

And do I have to have that thing on for the whole flight?!

You should, if you're flying Virgin.  If you're a flying virgin then it would be the discreet thing to do.  

Quote:You should, if you're flying Virgin.  If you're a flying virgin then it would be the discreet thing to do.

Totally!!

Quote:You should, if you're flying Virgin. If you're a flying virgin then it would be the discreet thing to do.

If I'm flying virgin, this whole trip is gonna be a BIG disappointment.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:If I'm flying virgin, this whole trip is gonna be a BIG disappointment.

Not if you don't come back as one! :thumbsup:

My bunches are too big  Sad

Quote:My bunches are too big  Sad

You're the first man in history to make that complaint.

I assume you're talking about grapes.  If so, how is too big a problem?

Try ice...the swelling will go down eventually!!

Quote:I assume you're talking about grapes.  If so, how is too big a problem?

Well, it is good to a point but it can become a problem if the berries crowd too tightly on the rachis. If the grape skins are pressed tightly against each other you can introduce rot. You can think of it along the lines of getting bed sores I guess. 

From there, if you have even one berry degrade to the point it burst, the juice runs across more of the bunch and accelerates the rot. Which will then attract insects and so on. So it's kind of a fine line, you want them big because you get paid by the weight, but no so big to cause the above problems. 

Quote:Well, it is good to a point but it can become a problem if the berries crowd too tightly on the rachis. If the grape skins are pressed tightly against each other you can introduce rot. You can think of it along the lines of getting bed sores I guess. 

From there, if you have even one berry degrade to the point it burst, the juice runs across more of the bunch and accelerates the rot. Which will then attract insects and so on. So it's kind of a fine line, you want them big because you get paid by the weight, but no so big to cause the above problems. 

You should hire a girl with warm soft hands to clean and gently massage them.  

Quote:You should hire a girl with warm soft hands to clean and gently massage them.

I don't think Dragonfury has been to California before.... :whistling:

Quote:You should hire a girl with warm soft hands to clean and gently massage them.  

Position Wanted:

Unpaid Internship, must have soft hands and a loving touch. Duties include keeping my berries clean.

Think that'll work? I'll start making flyers.

Quote:I don't think Dragonfury has been to California before.... :whistling:

He'll need to shave his palms first.

Quote:Position Wanted:

Unpaid Internship, must have soft hands and a loving touch. Duties include keeping my berries clean.

Think that'll work? I'll start making flyers.

Don't forget to add "Demonstration required".

Quote:He'll need to shave his palms first.

At least it will give him something different to rub on for a change.. :thumbsup:

Quote:At least it will give him something different to rub on for a change.. :thumbsup:

You mean someone else's.  

This got weird.