Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "Let's talk about"

[Image: 11317_original.jpg]

We cut the fruiting canes and let the grapes dry on the vine for a bit. Makes them less vulnerable to inclement weather/rot.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:[Image: 11317_original.jpg]

We cut the fruiting canes and let the grapes dry on the vine for a bit. Makes them less vulnerable to inclement weather/rot.
Wow.  That's kinda' cool. I'm wholly ignorant of the process -  though appreciative of the product!

Quote:Wow.  That's kinda' cool. I'm wholly ignorant of the process -  though appreciative of the product!

Thanks. Mine are trained in a different style, and they are dried a bit differently but it all comes out the same  :thumbsup:

When people ask me about the process the strangest part to most is that despite starting around January, you don't find out what your efforts hath wrought until late September. You're either like Banana  or  :verymad: . 

Quote:Thanks. Mine are trained in a different style, and they are dried a bit differently but it all comes out the same  :thumbsup:

When people ask me about the process the strangest part to most is that despite starting around January, you don't find out what your efforts hath wrought until late September. You're either like Banana  or  :verymad: . 

Whichever process is used, it looks like a tedious effort.

Quote:Whichever process is used, it looks like a tedious effort.

Do you mean to say snipping 80,900 vine canes by hand doesn't sound fun to you?  Tongue

Quote:Do you mean to say snipping 80,900 vine canes by hand doesn't sound fun to you?  Tongue

80,000 is no problem.  It's the last 900...

Just another reason I would have made a terrible farmer.

Lessons from the kitchen of DragonFury: After slicing some red pepper, wash your hands before adjusting yourself. That stuff is spicy for a reason. 

Quote:Lessons from the kitchen of DragonFury: After slicing some red pepper, wash your hands before adjusting yourself. That stuff is spicy for a reason.

Wash your hands AFTER adjusting yourself too... :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Wash your hands AFTER adjusting yourself too... :whistling:
I had a shower right before I started cooking. My wedding tackle was as clean as a whistle.

And frankly, I find your suggestion my meat and two veg were anything but spotless offensive. 

Quote:I had a shower right before I started cooking. My wedding tackle was as clean as a whistle.

And frankly, I find your suggestion my meat and two veg were anything but spotless offensive. 

Washed it a good long time, eh?

:wacko:  :blink:  :wacko:  :confused:

I just spent 15 minutes perusing the politics forum.  I think I'll stick to the sideline when Im bored talking football from now on. 

Quote::wacko:  :blink:  :wacko:  :confused:

I just spent 15 minutes perusing the politics forum.  I think I'll stick to the sideline when Im bored talking football from now on.

My mild curiosity didn't last long over there.

Quote:I had a shower right before I started cooking. My wedding tackle was as clean as a whistle.

Were you cooking naked? If not...why do you need skin to skin contact for a simple adjustment? :blink:

Quote:Lessons from the kitchen of DragonFury: After slicing some red pepper, wash your hands before adjusting yourself. That stuff is spicy for a reason. 
Kind of brings a whole new meaning to "Feel the burn"...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:Were you cooking naked? If not...why do you need skin to skin contact for a simple adjustment? :blink:
Why do women need 30 pairs of shoes? They don't, but they still have them.

Quote:Why do women need 30 pairs of shoes? They don't, but they still have them.

We have them because they bring us joy, so you're saying it was more than a simple "adjustment" going on...

Quote:We have them because they bring us joy, so you're saying it was more than a simple "adjustment" going on...
And the adjustment brought about a significant, though short-term, improvement in my quality of life. Not unlike the short term joy women get from shoes. And I resent the idea that I can't finish a simple task like cooking dinner without having to resort to some slap and tickle mid-way through the task.

Quote:And the adjustment brought about a significant, though short-term, improvement in my quality of life. Not unlike the short term joy women get from shoes. And I resent the idea that I can't finish a simple task like cooking dinner without having to resort to some slap and tickle mid-way through the task.

You sure are easily offended and full of resentment today.  Perhaps you need to 'adjust' again.   :whistling:

Quote:You sure are easily offended and full of resentment today. Perhaps you need to 'adjust' again. :whistling:

He's cranky because he's the only one doing the ummm...adjusting.

Quote:He's cranky because he's the only one doing the ummm...adjusting.

Poor fella, can't even find someone to give him a hand.